• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Livestream [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siege.exe

I really, really want to know how it makes it is a logical conclusion for anyone making this claim to say that the game is just an expansion level upgrade from Destiny based on literally 5 minutes of footages and brief descriptions of each mode.

This shouldn't be worthy of praise, in reality.

Kind of like "you don't need to go to orbit first when you fast travel anymore" was also a weird one. Yay, only one loading screen from now on! Nice to hear they're finally getting all these QOL features in place though =)

Visually, it doesn't look like much of a step up from Destiny 1 at all, but to be honest the art direction was so damn good in D1 that I'm fine with this. The key part for me is exploration content, easily one of the most important parts of an MMO, and something that was massively lacking in the original game. Hearing there's only four planets AGAIN, and them saying "Earth is the biggest explorable space we've ever created... by a factor of 2" is really worrying. Factor of 10 and I'd be excited, but 2? That's still pathetically small for an MMO.

GhaleonEB

absolutely baffled at the exclusion of normal fucking matchmaking. Now I can only get paired up with dedicated tryhards. They talk about how toxic people can get, but are unaware that clans can be some of the worst lol. Gotta be fucking kidding me
It would be a horrifying experience for the vast majority of players.

This is basically the LFG systems that have been needed for D1.

see5harp

So instead of actually making going to orbit something worthwhile and actually make use of all of the artwork produced just get rid of it? It's gonna make the grind more bearable I suppose.

Quonny

If online gaming has taught me anything, is that whenever you have a premade and you are just looking for one more person, that that person is going to be treated like shit.

GreyWind

rXYWrjd.png

WQ1LDF7.png

Bladelaw

I can't keep up with the thread...

I played about 150 hours of destiny and got off the train before Rise of the Machines. I'm not seeing much to pull me back in. Game looks prettier but if the structure stays the same I'm going to be bummed. I won't be pre-ordering but I'll be reading impressions and reviews once the game drops.

This really feels like an MMO expansion rather than a sequel.

It's probably comparable to A Realm Reborn. The same game but with huge improvements under the hood.

The engine really held them back, so presumably they've done more to make it easier to add new content.

Machina

Banned
Ugh, why Activision Bungie? This doesn't look like independence to me. It looks like recycled ideas and content to cut corners

The guided games thing sounds decent in principle, but I have to wonder how often the extreme trolling that can happen with a premade guild/clan group singling out the PUGs for whatever will happen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Uh

You do know WoW combat is real time combat? It aint turn based rofl.

According to Press Sneak Fuck, EDZ was cut stuff from the first game.

It's based on cooldown times. Even your base attack is purely based on your gear vs how fast you push the buttons.

Kinyou

I guess they have to announce this stuff but it mostly just highlights how destiny 1 was missing some really basic features

jelly

I imagine the season pass is going to be brutal.

It's more of the same but people lapped up Destiny despite it's flaws so Bungie haven't seen a need. Gives other studios and games a chance if people think Bungie are coasting. Buy a different game, don't reward them.

Kind of with you here, but after how much shit they took, I expect them to actually do it.

They seem as untouchable as Valve or Blizzard. I think they can get away with quite a bit and not be hurt by it at all. There's so much potential there too it's a shame it may not ever be realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom