• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny (Bungie MMOFPS, 360/PS3) Story Details, Concept Art Leaked [Up2: More Info]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I wonder if the Reach space combat mission was meant to be a test bed for the space combat in Destiny.

Didn't they say Destiny 2 was going to be PC, but not Destiny 1? That seems like a real head scratcher to me.

Havok

I'm pretty much on board for anything Bungie does at this point. They created a series that I loved for ten full years, and I trust Jason Jones' design and worldbuilding ability implicitly. I just want to see what he and the other big hitters at Bungie have been up to for 5+ years now. Those story snippets have a really incredible Marathon/original Halo vibe, with lots of Proper Nouns and wild ideas.

The other big MMOs have all failed to hook me, not even close to the level that Halo did, but I hope they're the ones that can merge the MMO format with gameplay that isn't ass.

Patryn

At this point I just feel bad for Bungie. They keep getting screwed, and have any of the leaks directly been their fault?

Sean

Banned
The artwork looks great, but Bungie has always had issues implementing that vision into the actual game.

Go look at the concept art for the Halo games and it's usually far more epic and stylized than what actually ends up in the actual game engine / final product.

It was a 360/720 exclusive back in early 2010 when they signed the contract with Activision.

That must have changed at some point over the following ~4 years.

There's a large article at the link.

yeah, if this releases fall 2013, we're talking about what, almost 90million for 360 and ps3? that's a pretty big userbase for activision to ignore. if anything, it wouldn't surprise me if they went the same route they've taken with cod (timed dlc).

TreIII

I'm interested in hearing about the "MMO" aspects. If it's more akin to Borderlands, and I can still play solo? I can see myself being interested.

Spawnling

destiny_awaits.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
Anyone actually surprised? I called this as soon as I heard Bungie was going to Activision.

Dunno if I want another MMO...im sure ill try it though. Hopefully its fun and different

Top Bottom