• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Steroyd

Hey guys I've been out of the loop the whole week. What's the minimum level for crota raid? I don't mean minimum that the game allows but the minimum level that you can actually succeed without struggling like crazy.

Normal - 31
Hard - 32

I'd love to say you can get by with 31's on hard but goddamn are the enemies are too spongy for 31's to be viable, maybe if one is being carried, we nearly did HM Crota with 5 people.

I've probably used the Fang more than anyone here. It does not. The AR has a perk that can disorient wizards. Maybe you're confusing it with that.

Kadey and Nami were saying it did. But I just watched some videos on it and it seems it just staggers them brriefly.

breakfuss

I have the HM Crota checkpoint if anyone wants to give it a go. I haven't played since Wednesday so I'm completely out of the loop in regard to new strategies. I don't have a gjallarhorn. And I'm a hunter. So that's 3 strikes but I'll still try. Thanks.

btkadams

Normal - 31
Hard - 32

I'd love to say you can get by with 31's on hard but goddamn are the enemies are too spongy for 31's to be viable, maybe if one is being carried, we nearly did Crota with 5 people.
Thanks! Good to know.

In that case, anyone running crota raid fresh on normal? Level 31 warlock with maxed weapons including Gjallarhorn. PSN is btkadams.

Normal - 31
Hard - 32

I'd love to say you can get by with 31's on hard but goddamn are the enemies are too spongy for 31's to be viable, maybe if one is being carried, we nearly did Crota with 5 people.

Have run up to Crota with 2 31s with no issue.

Not sure about Crota. But likely much more difficult as a 31.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hah 28 pages what the hell. i gotta catch up

jay are you reading this out there some where? i want you to make crota die with me
Looks around....

Drizzy? Rawr? Do you guys sleep?

Going to try HM today with Narmer byte and ragarra.

It was a fast break. But I got stuff done last night. I'm proud of myself. :)
ha like 48 hours? 36? you wear that badge my friend.

I can't see any pulse rifle outclassing Bad Juju unless it's got great specific perks that work wonders for raids.

Juju definitely doesn't have an ammo problem, and the super filling ability is awesome. Auto fires too.

Of course, being an exotic does make it less attractive but it's still the best PR in game I think.

Yup

EL CUCO

I'm curious to know what a maxed Hawkmoon crits are doing on the Knight majors from the Crota crystal room.

As a 32, my 331 Timur's Lash is getting 540 regular crits + 720 with luck in the chamber.

I have the HM Crota checkpoint if anyone wants to give it a go. I haven't played since Wednesday so I'm completely out of the loop in regard to new strategies. I don't have a gjallarhorn. And I'm a hunter. So that's 3 strikes but I'll still try. Thanks.

Does anyone need to do hard mode Abyss/Bridge, or a full HM Crota run for that matter? We should start a group! PSN is KINGofCRA5H-

I'm down for a Fresh run 32 titan and maxed gjhallahorn psn death4romabove22

noomi

Yeah it's the only one I am missing too.

Can't believe I didn't get it on 3 character rolls. Damn.

Same here lol, 3 character runs and I didn't get it, that's fine though. I have every other weapon from the raid. my friend on the other hand got all 4 primaries in 2 days :p

I can confirm, makes Omnigul fight fun! Need any more glimmer? Only reason i left was to buy heavy ammo.

Oh, I didn't realize I thought you were finished so I just logged off. I actually did manage to cap my glimmer though, only needed like 10K. Thanks for the checkpoint!

It apparently disorients them too.

I am I kicking myself for upgrading the hand cannon first and it turning out to be meh.

I did the same lol, word of crota is maxed, and scout rifle only has two bubbles filled.

Really curious to test this scout stagger thing though, does it work on all enemies or just hive? I assume you have to have the perk that marks targets on for it to work?

Korosenai

If the scout staggers hive that is amazing...need to try it when I get home.

Wait. Is it the AR or Scout Rifle that disorients enemies?

The AR says it's only for wizards. Is it the target Mark on the Scout rifle that does it?

Edit: Shit it is the Scout rifle!! Why did I have to level Word of Crota first!?! Whyyyy

Gotta work on this Scout Rifle asap. Want it for Tuesday. Especially if it works on the Swordbearer.

Why are people saying the target mark stuns enemies? It seems to just mark them and that's it. Unless you guys are talking about High Caliber Rounds i'm not sure that I understand.

zewone

Why are people saying the target mark stuns enemies? It seems to just mark them and that's it. Unless you guys are talking about High Caliber Rounds i'm not sure that I understand.
It doesn't. People are just confused because the gun can stagger enemies pretty well with it's impact.

Homeboyd

What Zewone said, it doesn't even stagger them. I just tested it on the ultra knights on earth patrol and nothing changed when I switched between spray and play and target mark.
It's the high caliber round upgrade that causes enemies to stagger. Doesn't have anything to do with target mark.

Top Bottom