• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dystify

Oh, wow... With both niji and hoshi redirecting to the homepage, it didn't occur to me that the -i part may be causing this. :p

Haha that's settled then. I happened to tweet this and lots of people already got emotionally invested right away. Let's hope something happens soon on this front.

Neoxon

Haha that's settled then. I happened to tweet this and lots of people already got emotionally invested right away. Let's hope something happens soon on this front.
Yeah, this thread is gonna go off the deep end if something doesn't get announced, soon.

FelipeMGM

oh, for fuck sake

nothing saves this day

Look a few posts above, looks like it was more of a preventive measure to stop leaks like what happened with Niji (Sun/Moon).
Tested it. You can enter anything and if it ends in i it will redirect, even if everything before that was complete gibberish.

mclem

Wow, would you look at that...

http://www.pokemon.com/hoshi

... redirects to the homepage, much like /niji before it. What a strange coincidence that it does not throw a 404.

Well, want some extra weirdness?

I was going to 'prove you wrong', so I started typing hoshi and then went off in a random direction (with "http://www.pokemon.com/hosssei")... and that redirected me to the homepage as well, so I assumed they just didn't 404, and anything not recognised went to the homepage.

Then I tried "http://www.pokemon.com/horsey", because I thought it'd be funnier as an example. And that 404ed.

So... I wonder if it's something like it tests on the first three characters only?

I suppose "hosssei" might be close enough to 'hoshi" that Nintendo would assume it's a typo and forward anyway, but, well, triple-s is unconventional, even in a typo!

Edit: Oh, it's another string ending in I, that makes some sense.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah, this thread is gonna go off the deep end if something doesn't get announced, soon.

few months ago we were debating the AC Egypt rumors date&date with other versions for Switch to be unveiled at the Switch event

today nobody even thinks about bringing the Switch in the AC Egypt topic, and the Switch talk is here, waiting for non-existent Nintendo Directs

:|

One would think the Switch launch has been a complete failure with worst peformance than Wii U, commercially, and not that it registered sales records for a Nintendo console

:|

Passose

Banned
I knew it yes! I always believe
63499284.jpg

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best

Banned
I hope ya'll are ready for Crankycraft. Except instead of building blocks you're building legacies.

Atheerios

Oh well. CoroCoro could leak as soon as tomorrow. If nothing is announced tomorrow, then the dream is dead (unless for the first time ever they save it for E3)

pokéfan

Oh well. CoroCoro could leak as soon as tomorrow. If nothing is announced tomorrow, then the dream is dead (unless for the first time ever they save it for E3)

You had to mention that, now there's some serious anticipation in Pokegaf.

Although if stars exists, Corocoro will go, 'for next month's issue they have a big annoucement/scoop'. lol

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
I remember an NX thread like this one. Gag was waiting everyday at 9 expecting business wire update.

How long did that last again and did we get results in the end?

If we got a Pokémon this year, I'm confident it will be announced this month or at the worst case scenario this E3, so be patient

all of Their leaks were right though

Right, that's what I was saying. Maybe I phrased it poorly what with the double negatives.

Stars isn't even a matter of if. It's a question of when.

And a question of which platforms I imagine.

Why would AC be on Switch when Ubisoft has actively and openly sworn off M-rated games on Nintendo consoles

Did they openly do that? I must have missed that.

If they're basing it off of their Wii U games' performances then they should probably realize that almost nothing sold on the Wii U. It would be worth it to at least try on the Switch, especially if Skyrim does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom