• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would want to release games with 2 different regions in such close proximity. I think we will see just Stars this year, either just on Switch, or both 3DS and Switch. Then I suspect the next games will come to both systems together, with the 3rd version being the Switch exclusive ie.

Diamond and Pearl remakes on 3DS.
Platinum remake on Switch.

When they eventually stop supporting the 3DS, they could revert back to their normal release style.

I could totally see that happening, but in place of a Platinum remake, Switch is gonna get Red and Blue remakes instead, mark my words

Neiteio

Announce it this month, show it at E3, release in October/November.
Release forecast for next 12 months:

June — ARMS
July — Splatoon 2
August — Pokken Tournament
September — Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
October — Fire Emblem Warriors
November — Pokemon Stars / Super Mario Odyssey
December — Xenoblade Chronicles 2

February — Pikmin 4
March — Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch (1-yr Switch anniversary)
April — New Retro Studios IP
May — Animal Crossing

MTC100

Banned
Look upon the stars.

I'm not sure I like what I see...

notsure9purs.jpg

June — ARMS
July — Splatoon 2

February — Pikmin 4
May — Animal Crossing

I don't think we'll see Xenoblade X2 this year, even if they had announced it as a 2017 title.

June — ARMS
July — Splatoon 2

February — Pikmin 4
May — Animal Crossing

I didn't know we'd had any hints about Pokken?

We really do need a reboot of Red/Blue. I'm hoping they do Stars this year and a full 3D reboot of Red/Blue next year for Switch. Seeing red/blue modernized and expanded might bring me to tears.

It should be a sequel if anything, based 20 years after

Yes! A sequel to Red/Blue taking place decades later is a great idea too. I want to see the building the old man was working on with his Machops in Vermillion City finally become a real thing we can go it. Lol

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
it should be a reboot though
It should be a sequel if anything, based 20 years after with Lillie as the rival. A reboot would just piss off the fan base and throw away 20 years of great designs.
Whatever the case, let us return to Sinnoh before Kanto please. Kalos and Alola already have enough throw backs to it.

Neiteio

I hope they call it Pokemon Starz, with a "z," and also make the cover look like those folders we used in the '90s — you know the ones, with the dolphins and rainbow colors, someone must know what I'm talking about.

Basically make it '90s AF.

Dystify

What does reboot mean for you guys in this context? To me reboot means it's essentially a totally new game with different mechanics, story etc to the point where it wouldn't even be Pokémon Red/Blue anymore but simply a new type of Pokémon game. Remakes on the other hand build upon the base game while adding new mechanics, but (nearly) everything from the base game still exists. No idea if that makes sense to you.

A Kanto 'reboot' with towns and routes redesigned more in the Sun and Moon style and 150 Pokemon added to the 'Dex could be incredible if they had the balls to do it.

Neiteio

A Kanto 'reboot' with towns and routes redesigned more in the Sun and Moon style and 150 Pokemon added to the 'Dex could be incredible if they had the balls to do it.
I'd rather they just give us a B2/W2-style pseudo-sequel to Sun/Moon, with Kanto added as a second quest where Lillie is the champion.

Also there could be a new Pokemon based on a dolphin who is impossible to defeat and only I can use him.

Galava

I'd rather they just give us a B2/W2-style pseudo-sequel to Sun/Moon, with Kanto added as a second quest where Lillie is the champion.

Also there could be a new Pokemon based on a dolphin who is impossible to defeat and only I can use him.

This. Seems achievable since alola is already made and just add kanto to the game.

I could totally see that happening, but in place of a Platinum remake, Switch is gonna get Red and Blue remakes instead, mark my words

Hmm I would be okay with this too. Though I would love them to do for Pokemon what BOTW did for Zelda. Basically I want to be able to explore a huge sprawling Kanto, and to be able to carve out my own journey towards defeating the elite four. Legendary pokemon could be handled in a similar way to shrine quests wherein you have to piece together information and clues, to find them.

Passose

Banned
What does reboot mean for you guys in this context? To me reboot means it's essentially a totally new game with different mechanics, story etc to the point where it wouldn't even be Pokémon Red/Blue anymore but simply a new type of Pokémon game. Remakes on the other hand build upon the base game while adding new mechanics, but (nearly) everything from the base game still exists. No idea if that makes sense to you.
for me, it will be a reboot, simply because of the new pokemon movie lol

JoeM86

Haha it's cute that you guys think nothing can be announced beyond today.

I remember on Friday 29th May 2015, I was on a train up to the UK Pokémon National Championships when bam, news of a new Nintendo Direct dropped. That Nintendo Direct was to air on Sunday 31st May 2015 at 10:00 UTC.

Good times.

Nothing is off limits

The Giant

Banned
4hrs 55min to be exact, this train rides until 12 PM ET
unless you know about something happening at 10AM, in which case TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!

Sure, why not.

For me, Nintendo annnouces e3 plans/direct at midnight in australia and it's 9.10pm aest.

Neiteio

Haha it's cute that you guys think nothing can be announced beyond today.

I remember on Friday 29th May 2015, I was on a train up to the UK Pokémon National Championships when bam, news of a new Nintendo Direct dropped. That Nintendo Direct was to air on Sunday 31st May 2015 at 10:00 UTC.

Good times.

Nothing is off limits
The only rule is there are no rules

Masuda's Wild Ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom