• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition release date, pricing, gameplay trailer, and costumes

GameE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ys1TWOKK3k

Okay guys, time for a fun update.

Fun-filled stylish action romp Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, which is coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, will release in North America and Europe starting June 23, 2015 for $24.99/ €24.99 / £19.99. Additionally, those who pre-order the game will receive bonus costumes for Lady and Trish when the game is released. PlayStation 4 users will also receive a custom theme.

Speaking of costumes, hit the jump to see ‘em! We’ve also got a spiffy new trailer showcasing gameplay for all five of the game’s awesome playable characters, as well as some new screens.

Game Details

DMC4SE will feature a set of bonus costumes, which you can see below. There will also be a cool set of palette swaps, which we’ll show off at a later date.

f380911941f5daf5b37912edec99c24a.png

↑ Lady's classic DMC3 look. This is one of the two costumes unlocked by pre-ordering.

c3b946b312d21aaba3e00d3129a7dda9.png

↑ Trish's ostentatious Gloria disguise. This is the other pre-order costume.

3f6d5f9aa10ddb3286d409ca84b1b612.png

↑ This alternate Nero costume is based on a prototype design. So dapper!

64a701371f0fe0e41532c8205065577a.png

↑ Corrupt Vergil could use some vitamin D...

649ffb4e6864f495132c26b3c3a370e8.png

↑ ...but dont' make him mad.

75812c1f9eff5c411143dec6f0460e54.png

↑ This Legendary Dark Knight Dante costume is perfect for Legendary Dark Knight Mode! Also for attending the opera.

96c0d0291f0a3d270aeb3aa19e9c88de.png

↑ The LDK costume in all its glory.

Screens here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...se-date-pricing-gameplay-trailer-and-costumes

Oh god, so good.

Costumes are amazing, but the wording makes it seem like these are literally the only ones, which is a slight disappointment...
was hoping for Basara Crossover or old school Dante costumes...

Golnei

No regular Dante extra costume? No DMC1 costume? Fail.

It was probably in their best interests to use a costume which could be recycled for Vergil; considering the time constraints.

At least there's a modded approximation of the DMC1 costume which will probably be compatible with 4SE - hopefully a more complete model edit will be made soon.

SeanTSC

No physical still sucks but $25 almost makes up for it, solid price.

Yeah, I'd have preferred a Physical version of it for my shelf. I'd have paid $40 for it no problem. Heck, they could have done what they did with RE Revelations 2 and went $40 Physical & $25 Digital. Oh well.

Can't pass it up at that price.

Comes out on the same day Heavensward releases, although the chances of the servers not imploding is pretty low so that should be plenty of time to dig into DMC.

liquidtmd

Banned
UK here, with that price discrepancy I guess they want to actively encourage us to download via NA PSN.

Oh well. Makes no odds to Capcom I guess. It's only about £5 difference, but its just a download :(

Jawmuncher

Hope the Palette Swaps are in reference to capcom characters. Such as Lady with a black costume and red hair for example.

Kilvas

Just finished the original PC version this morning. Why didn't anyone tell me this game was so damn good? I've been missing out all this time! I put it right up there with the original Bayonetta and MGRR.

TreIII

I should probably clarify that no Nelo Angelo DT isn't a deal breaker by any remote stretch of the imagination.
I already had it preordered on Play Asia

Same.

Even now, my e-Capcom Pizza Box is just waiting for the day on Nin-Nin.

Zomba13

Just finished the original PC version this morning. Why didn't anyone tell me this game was so damn good? I've been missing out all this time! I put it right up there with the original Bayonetta and MGRR.

Because people are too caught up on the second half of the game having you go through the first half backwards.

Top Bottom