• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Screenshots

Can't really say I'm all that enthused to play as Lady or Trish, since I rarely used Gunslinger, and the last time I played as Trish was DMC2, so...yeah. Vergil, though...oh man.

BadWolf

Concentration seems to build pretty fast, I wonder if that will scale with difficulty. Still crossing my fingers for a gmd difficulty.

Probably not, Dante's disaster gauge and royal guard gauge didn't scale and neither did DT.

That's one of the things I like about how they handle the difficulty in the series, they don't gimp your abilities to make the game more challenging (unlike Bayonetta which needed to remove a key mechanic to make a harder difficulty).

This is running on the MT Framework, right? Is this the first MT Framework game on current gen? Did this run at 1080p/60fps on last gen consoles?

Seyavesh

in that 'impressions' vid they said that trish has no approaching moves like stinger or trick

that's pretty interesting- i just kinda assumed that she'd have the sparda stinger

Thank god this game runs like butter on toasters

Uhh...

RIKtkpR.jpg

This is running on the MT Framework, right? Is this the first MT Framework game on current gen? Did this run at 1080p/60fps on last gen consoles?

RE Revelations 2 is on MT Framework on PS4 and Xbone. And DMC4 ran at 720/60 on PS3 and 360.

Hmm,I see. Hopefully the PS4 version won't see the same issues RE:R 2 had.

I would be very surprised if this ran at anything less than perfect 60 in all situations (maybe a rare drop in LDK mode). DMC has a series has always been known for stellar performance and all other versions of the game run great on weak hardware.

Doesnt Revelations run like ass on PS4?

The PC version ran poorly too. I think it was just a case of bad optimization on a low-budget game though as a patch came out afterward that greatly improved both versions. Dunno exactly how much the PS4 one improved but I did hear it was better.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hmm,I see. Hopefully the PS4 version won't see the same issues RE:R 2 had.

Well if QLOC handles the port this time there really shouldn't be no problem.

The PC version ran poorly too. I think it was just a case of bad optimization on a low-budget game though as a patch came out afterward that greatly improved both versions.

I think it's because QLOC was working on the console port of DmC:DE so they were taken up when they needed to port RE:REV2.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So then why isn't there a DMC3 Devil Trigger version for Dante?

Because DMC4 Dante isn't DMC3 Dante? There is no DMC3 Dante in the game (barring any unrevealed extra costumes).

I'm kind of confused by your question. The added Vergil is actually DMC3 Vergil, down to the weapons and costume.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Are they not using AA for this thing? It could probably have 4XMSAA and not sweat a beat.

Even 360 had 2xMSAA last gen at 720p60.

I'd hope they were using some form of AA. 1080p 60fps for this game should be easily achievable even by XB1 HW

Grief.exe

I'm not seeing too much value here over the base DMC4 on PC. I can already run that version at whatever ludicrous framerates and resolutions I want.

I will probably pick it up down the line for cheap, but I'm not seeing too much value here initially.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm not seeing too much value here over the base DMC4 on PC. I can already run that version at whatever ludicrous framerates and resolutions I want.

I will probably pick it up down the line for cheap, but I'm not seeing too much value here initially.

It depends entirely on how in depth you like to get into the combat. Three additional characters = hundreds upon hundreds of hours for some people.

You don't see any value in adding 3 new playable characters?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I see tons of it! If you don't care about the new characters and gameplay possibilities I can see why you wouldn't care but then this release isn't really aimed at you.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
2 playable characters vs. 5 playable characters and new cutscenes.

Not much value.

You don't see any value in adding 3 new playable characters?

From a story and enhancement perspective, I can understand the hesitation. PC already had Turbo and Legendary Dark Knight. The game is going to drop at a budget price anyway.

There aren't a lot of added bells and whistles. Just a ton of gameplay substance.

dan2026

I still think DMC4 has the best combat of any action game ever made.
And yes that includes Bayonetta.

Also does this mean we can play the whole game as Nero now?
Or does every character have their own levels?

Uraizen

Banned
From a story and enhancement perspective, I can understand the hesitation. PC already had Turbo and Legendary Dark Knight. The game is going to drop at a budget price anyway.

There aren't a lot of added bells and whistles. Just a ton of gameplay substance.

Just the way I like it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I still think DMC4 has the best combat of any action game ever made.
And yes that includes Bayonetta.

Unfortunately no.

Nero/Dante will remain as they are.
Lady/Trish will replace Nero and Dante respectively in their sections.
Vergil will have the whole campaign to himself.

Just the way I like it.

7mnmEQm.gif

Nero's levels are shared by him and Lady. Dante's are shared by him and Trish. Vergil can play any stage. Dunno why they didn't just let anyone play any stage, kind of disappointing, but oh well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

3 new characters man. That's basically 3 new DMC games.

dan2026

That kind of sucks.

Has there been any word in a boss fight mode?
I just want to fight Creedo with every character.

Jawmuncher

It depends entirely on how in depth you like to get into the combat. Three additional characters = hundreds upon hundreds of hours for some people.

I just realized for me. I'm getting new characters that I'll have new square x3 and triangle X1 combos. I've always been pretty bad action games. Beat them on normal usually just with sheer willpower.

Astral

I'd kill for a fully customizable Bloody Palace mode. I wanna be able to practice on any enemy I want without having to to worry about running out of time.

Astral Dog

Eh?

I'm hoping someone does a pixel count of these screens. What res? DMC4 runs on a toaster, so getting this game to 1440p on PS4, i'd say would not be so impossible.
Console optimization is not that easy, even if its DMC 4 we are talking about, even if its the PS4,even if its MT Framework, game is going to be butter smooth but expect little drops here and there and on Xbox ONE too, resolution is 1080p

Anbec7

So uhm my only question is that if Lady will be an exact copy of Dante's gunslinger mode from DMC3? I hope is different.. but it's Capcom so..

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So uhm my only question is that if Lady will be an exact copy of Dante's gunslinger mode from DMC3? I hope is different.. but it's Capcom so..

Nope. She's expanded a great deal. Check out the destructoid article.

Eww, what is this? I was expecting a remix of his battle theme from 3.

Vergil's theme from the main website. Trish and Lady also have their own theme. They aren't great.

vg260

I really want this but I don't want to go through the trouble of unlocking skills again. Any word if there's an option to include 'em all from the start?

That's why I stopped buying a lot of remasters. I just want to pick up where I left off.

Top Bottom