• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo's soundtrack sucked

Vieo

And that goes for the Sequel as well.

The only piece they had in the first game that was decent was the theme for Tristram. Strangely enough, in Diablo II, the very same piece is the only decent theme in the game as well.

Did the same people who did Starcraft's music do Diablo's music? Starcraft's soundtrack kills Diablo's(both).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
All Blizzard music is out of this world, you just need better taste :p

Still, the town theme from the Diablo beta was better than the one featured in the retail version (which was great, though)

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
the Diablo series are some of the few games where I've spent more than 20 hours on and I couldn't, for the life of me, remember a single track from the game. I'd say that it fit the game really well, but didn't stand out.

Gattsu25

Banned
Nerevar said:
the Diablo series are some of the few games where I've spent more than 20 hours on and I couldn't, for the life of me, remember a single track from the game. I'd say that it fit the game really well, but didn't stand out.

agreed. It's definately better than a lot of the music that's in this industry, just not all that memorable

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Diablo music is lovely. ESPECIALLY that of the last town added with the Diablo 2 Act V Expansion. Wow.

SKluck

Banned
When I think of Diablo 2's soundtrack I think of Stabbing Westward, because that is the music I played in the bg whenever I played the game. I have no idea what the real music sounds like.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Starcraft's soundtrack is shitty. It is the single and sole negative point of the entire game.

The Diablo series, on the other hand, has very good music, with the aforementioned Tristram theme being the single best piece in the series.

In related news, we need Starcraft 2 and/or Diablo 3 NOW.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mejilan said:
Diablo music is lovely. ESPECIALLY that of the last town added with the Diablo 2 Act V Expansion. Wow.

I just got the LoD expansion about a month ago and I agree, I was blown away when I got to that act. Awesome music

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Also, the dungeon on the the palace in Act 2 (I think) with the middle eastern styled music was very impressive.

Top Bottom