• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE Reveals Why There's No Battlefield: Bad Company 3

JJD

Most old timer Battlefield fans of the 1942, BF2, and 2142 era were highly disappointed how simplified the BC games were in comparison.

Don't generalize. This is your opinion, not a fact. A lot of people that played the PC originals still loved the BC series, while others didn't like it as much. IMO it was a fresh new take on the BF formula. Did the BC series simplified the gameplay mechanics of the BF series? Yes obviously, but this isn't an inherently bad thing.

Just to give you an exemple Lvlcap is a dude that has been playing BF for over a decade, and now even make a living out of the game and he has voiced his love for the BC series over and over again. Matimio and Xfactor have said the same.

JJD

Patrick Bach of DICE was also disappointed of Bad Company 2. Don't know if has been shared. I guess if they do end up making another, it will definitely be different.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-3-producer-ashamed-of-bad-company-2/1100-6337314/

If you have read that article you could say that he is ashamed of BF1942, BF2 and 2142 too.

"I don't know why, but I always feel ashamed about the games I'm involved in making,"

He is not shitting on BC, he is just saying that as a developer he only sees the things that they could have done better.

I bet in a few years he won't be able to even start BF4 as well after all the issues that plagued the game.

Top Bottom