• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is getting a german localization through patch

It's free and will release on friday next week for both versions!
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoDE/status/905717277344972800

It's interesting to note that Bandai Namco will localize the sequel only in german (besides english), maybe that's also a hint that we will get the content from Cyber Sleuth into the sequel (which was never confirmed for the west) like the japanese do (they never got the PS4 version of Cyber Sleuth).

Neo-Ryudo

It's Deffo weird to add new localisation to the game so far after release, but I guess that's because they're hoping more Germans can now play the first one and will pick up the new one.

delSai

I remember a friend actually being kinda disappointed that it was english only. This should be good news for him.

True Fire

I hope we get all of the new Digimon in the original game, like Japan. It would make an amazing game even better.

Ravelle

I've played a lot of Cybersleuth, even managed to get all the Royal Knights and all the Demon Lords. Loved that game.

Hoped New Order would nail it as well but they cut some corners and it didn't really live up to the original Digimon World.

This game already released for Germany did it not?

Yes, over 1 1/2 years ago.

Apparently Digimon is still huge in Germany. They just released the recent movies here and the sequel to this game will be in german aswell, but no other language besides english. In most cases france is getting that spot, the anime scene there is even bigger.

So basically...

"Oh, we didn't expect the game to sell this well in Germany. Maybe we better treat those guys a bit better from now."

Kouriozan

Digimon IP this last 2 years went from English only, to Multi 5, to English and German only.
Baby step but I will have to skip the next one, bought and plated Cyber Sleuth and Next Order at full price and Namco went back to not localize it on my language, I hate it when my support mean shit.

Maybe they can even release a patch to improve the subpar English localization while they're at it.

Seriously though, it's cool to hear that this is getting translated into German so long after its release. It's so obvious Namco had very little faith in this game selling but they were proven wrong.

Digimon IP this last 2 years went from English only, to Multi 5, to English and German only.
Baby step but I will have to skip the next one, bought and plated Cyber Sleuth and Next Order at full price and Namco went back to not localize it on my language, I hate it when my support mean shit.
This I did not know about. What the Hell, Namco?

Glass Rebel

Leben deinen Traum
denn er wird wahr

Ich bin nur ein grosser Träumer
Doch ich weiss bald kommt der Tag
Und irgendwann
Werden dann

MEINE TRÄUME WAAAAAHR
50KS8.png
50KS8.png
50KS8.png

Lucumo

Well, Digimion is pretty popular in Germany after all...deservedly though. The anime crushed whatever Pokemon was and Digimon World was really good (except for the PAL bug which didn't allow you to finish the game...).

Opa-Pa

Will this be the only decent translation or did these players wait a year and a half for the same garbage as us? Lol.

w3bba

Yes, over 1 1/2 years ago.
is
Apparently Digimon is still huge in Germany. They just released the recent movies here and the sequel to this game will be in german aswell, but no other language besides english. In most cases france is getting that spot, the anime scene there is even bigger.

yep it's still huge, mainly trough nostalgia for the first 3 seasons. the localization was top notch for them, especially the vocal tracks were masterfully done. it's one of the reasons why we got the Tri localization so quickly.

Special props for KSM, the distributor here, for getting the cast from adventure for Tri minus izzy (VA is traveling and had no time) and Frank Schindel, the original singer of the intro.

yep it's still huge, mainly trough nostalgia for the first 3 seasons. the localization was top notch for them, especially the vocal tracks were masterfully done. it's one of the reasons why we got the Tri localization so quickly.

Special props for KSM, the distributor here, for getting the cast from adventure for Tri minus izzy (VA is traveling and had no time) and Frank Schindel, the original singer of the intro.

Oh boy, yeah. And look what Kaze did to Dragon Ball Kai/Super as the opposite to that.

Top Bottom