• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Devil Saga

maskrider

From a demo version on a magazine, can only play one battle

35 images
http://felixmcli.org/extlinks/dds/

dds-01.jpg

dds-03.jpg

dds-06.jpg

dds-12.jpg

dds-16.jpg

dds-30.jpg

Speaking of hte battle system, how fast paced is it? I can' treally get into RPG's with slow paced battle system anymore. So is it closer to FFX or SoA in terms of speed?

epmode

SolidSnakex said:
Speaking of hte battle system, how fast paced is it? I can' treally get into RPG's with slow paced battle system anymore. So is it closer to FFX or SoA in terms of speed?
judging from recent megaten games, it'll be very fast paced. complex, but the battles move quickly.

maskrider

SolidSnakex said:

Similar to FF-X I would say. I haven't tried too many things as there is only one available battle.

novery said:
What magazine is this packed-in with? I'd like to try it out.

Yes, Dengeki PS2 Disk D69. But only one battle is available, the rest is FMV.

ferricide

SolidSnakex said:
faster than FFX. unless you want to actually manually enter commands you can set it to full auto (cancelable at any time) and it rips through the battles. i'd say it's the speediest turn-based battle system on PS2 (SMT: nocturne has essentially the same system, similarly speedy.)

Does the game have a "short" mode for battles like the Persona series? It basically skips all the animations and just shows the HP/SP effects.

ferricide

Semjaza Azazel said:
Does the game have a "short" mode for battles like the Persona series? It basically skips all the animations and just shows the HP/SP effects.
dunno; i didn't do any truly lengthy / elaborate attacks. i only played the first hour of the game or thereabouts. it's speedy enough that i feel like that's not a concern, especially on auto mode. the animation is cut, just like in SMT3. instead of seeing the character walk up to an enemy, you'll just see the camera cut to the enemy with the character poised in front of them, and do the attack. it looks really cool, actually. i think if you're not playing on auto you might see more of the animation, since it's fully turn-based (not ATB type) and thus may as well fill in the time of your choices with animations. not 100% positive here, it's been awhile since i touched it or nocturne, and i haven't gotten deep into either one of them.

they both, officially, use the same battle system ('Press Turn System') according to the PR (i mean, aside from the fact that the games use the same engine and it's pretty obvious.)

Top Bottom