• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry - Gravity Rush 2 PS4 vs PS4 Pro

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Phew, still safe with my base PS4 I see. This is the game that could've pushed me to buying a Pro if it had like a massively better draw distance/LOD or something. Can't wait for the game!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Phew, still safe with my base PS4 I see. This is the game that could've pushed me to buying a Pro if it had like a massively better draw distance/LOD or something. Can't wait for the game!
It does have much better draw distance/LOD on Pro though. Just how massive? Remains to be seen.

For the OG it's not, but for the Pro it definitely is.
No, it is not. You just don't understand video games development and priorities. It was not developed with 60fps in mind. It is not GPU limited so they can't just use the extra GPU resources to bump it to 60fps.

LotusHD

Banned
For the OG it's not, but for the Pro it definitely is.

I don't get it, hasn't it been said repeatedly that people shouldn't expect massive framerate increases for Pro versions of the game. The only thing I've ever heard was FFXV wanting to do a Pro update that lets you do 60 fps, but we're still waiting on that apparently.

hampig

Still not regretting passing on the Pro. Especially with the issues it's having with Stardew, which outside of FFXV, is all I'm playing.

Cleve

Jesus, why did I read the YT comment section?

Game is looking great on Pro. Can't wait until I can give it some time.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't get it, hasn't it been said repeatedly that people shouldn't expect massive framerate increases for Pro versions of the game. The only thing I've ever heard was FFXV wanting to do a Pro update that lets you do 60 fps, but we're still waiting on that apparently.

with the weak cpu...yeah. people just like to pretend we don't know what the hardware limitations are

Mikey Jr.

My 4k tv won't be ready for this game.

Fuuuuuck.

It's coming early February. Don't know if I should wait for the tv or not....

Fantastic stuff. Resident Evil 7 might just have to wait until next month because GR2 is going to be day one for me.

Still not regretting passing on the Pro. Especially with the issues it's having with Stardew, which outside of FFXV, is all I'm playing.

And how is that relevant to this thread?

DXMGT

Banned

Tomb Raider too?

But fast paced action games like this would benefit so greatly from higher framerates. Guess my expectations are out of whack.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wonder what Jim(quisition) was talking about when he mentioned the graphics were bad. Maybe he wasn't playing it on Pro?

Nah, it isn't.
Jim said that? I cannot imagine what would lead him to label the visuals anything other than good. It's a beautiful game. Like a modern fantasy take on JSRF in some ways.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
It does have much better draw distance/LOD on Pro though. Just how massive? Remains to be seen.
It does? I was relying on the info in the OP because I didn't want to spoil anything. Fudge.

LotusHD

Banned
Tomb Raider too?

But fast paced action games like this would benefit so greatly from higher framerates. Guess my expectations are out of whack.

I'm just saying, if I recall correctly, they never marketed it as a product where you could commonly expect stuff like that. Just typically a more stable framerate. So yea, of course I wouldn't expect it if they had never brought it up.

icespide

Banned
Tomb Raider too?

no one is arguing that 60fps doesn't make everything better, it would be an immense upgrade.

I just wish people would adjust their expectations at this point. 60fps modes for Pro versions of games that normally run at 30fps are going to be rare exceptions at this point, not the norm

Shin-Ra

A couple of screenshots showing the image quality difference would be great.

No mention of temporal AA surprised me and games, especially Japanese open-world on console with liberal use of parallax occlusion mapping is an unusual technical feat I think.

Mirari

Aww, no "lite" option for the Pro? =(
Was hoping it'd have a 60 FPS option like a few other Pro-supported games.

The game looks so good. Now I have to finish the first game before the release of this game.

Off-topic: Hey dark, I was wondering if you guys are gonna do a video for the new patch for AC Syndicate?

The poor CPU in the PS4 is such a massive let down. A game where you're constantly spinning the camera around at speed is so incredibly hard on the eyes at 30fps. Motion clarity is non-existent. It's going to be hard going from the Remastered first game to this.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It does? I was relying on the info in the OP because I didn't want to spoil anything. Fudge.
Most definitely. I had the video running on another tab and just listening to the audio cause also didn't wanna spoil myself lol. But I'm 100% sure I heard better draw distance on the Pro.

Jim said that? I cannot imagine what would lead him to label the visuals anything other than good. It's a beautiful game. Like a modern fantasy take on JSRF in some ways.

His exact words were, "graphics that are far from impressive." Can't say I agree.

Shin-Ra

Most definitely. I had the video running on another tab and just listening to the audio cause also didn't wanna spoil myself lol. But I'm 100% sure I heard better draw distance on the Pro.
4x geometry (pixel)resolution would mean fine geometry detail is clearer at longer range.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Nobody should have been expecting 60fps for this game with all those physics on display.

The CPU of the console isn't that strong after all, upclock or not.

The remaster was only 60fps because it was a very well optimized port by a talented studio of a Vita game which was by the way, 30fps and sub native vita res.

Guymelef

The poor CPU in the PS4 is such a massive let down. A game where you're constantly spinning the camera around at speed is so incredibly hard on the eyes at 30fps. Motion clarity is non-existent. It's going to be hard going from the Remastered first game to this.

I hate people acting like if GR Vita was an unplayable mess.
Seems like GR was perfectly enjoyable just until Remastered version existence.

Top Bottom