• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin News: Game has now sold 250k units; broke even

syko de4d

Hope more publisher/devs see this and think of doing isomatric cRPGs. Maybe they dont sell as much as Skyrim or Witcher but they dont cost that much to produce at the same time.

Imagine for example they would hire Obsidian to make Fallout isomatric cRPG spinoff, insta buy xD

Authority

Banned
Good news and well deserved. I hope it sells more so it can set the bar even higher for the next generation of dungeon crawlers or whatever you call them people.

The word of mouth for this game is positive for the most part. Even made me interested to just check it out despite never playing any of the game in the series. Definitely deserves it since it is a good game from what I heard.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Good. Now I don't feel bad waiting for a Steam sale. Well, I kinda do. Still, looking forward to picking this up later in the year as I heard nothing but great things about it.

Ferrio

Banned
That's good...but I really expected better seeing how well word of mouth is traveling. I guess there's a lot more time and future sales.

DTKT

It just broke even with a Kickstarter and a 250k copies at 39.99$? I'm always amazed at how expensive it is to make video games.

FACE

Banned
If the translation I've read on the RPG Watch is correct the article states that the game has sold 250k units since June 30 so it doesn't include early access sales(which previous numbers we had did).

Authority

Banned
That's good...but I really expected better seeing how well word of mouth is traveling. I guess there's a lot more time and future sales.

2.5 weeks and 250k. Is that a bad number? Because considering, from what I remember anyway, that the franchise has had its ups and downs and the market of that genre has not been one to be as popular as other genres due to lack of many good sellers, the number is promising. I think word-of-mouth will even lift it up even more and generally speaking it does seem as the right time and with the right game to revive that scene a little bit more.

Straight talking from my ass but that is how I see it.

Zarx

Considering how long it has been on the Steam top sellers I am surprised it's not higher already. Still a very good start to what will surely be some long legs. I hope it hits a million.

Aeana

I'm a little surprised that they've only broken even so far. Seems like it's been on top of Steam for a while since launch.
It's the best CRPG I've played in a very long time, so I hope it does better.

Lingitiz

Awesome game, not without flaws, but certainly refreshing as hell coming from games like Skyrim with GPS quest design.

GAF, help me understand this post. Is it really as awful as it appears to be or am I missing something?

It's just people being cheap. Insert any talk about "x" game on steam and there will always be someone who responds with "waiting for 75-90% off" jargon.

Burt

It's just people being cheap. Insert any talk about "x" game on steam and there will always be someone who responds with "waiting for 75-90% off" jargon.

It's generally me. I think that D:OS was the first game I spent more than $15 for in at least a year. Got it for what it was during the Steam sale, $33 or whatever. Generally speaking, with the quality and quantity of both games and sales, there's hardly ever a reason, let alone time, to buy a game at full price. It isn't being cheap, just practical.

That being said, D:OS was the best gaming money I've spent in years. I was hesitant to pick it up during the summer sale just because of what else I could've gotten for that much money (I think I was eyeing Broforce, Volgarr, Mercenary Kings, and one other I can't remember for less combined than D:OS), but it was totally worth it.

Top Bottom