• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika Q 2017 Relaunch! (iOS/Android)

ooqyDtA.jpg

YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bAraOBVSs

For all rhythm game lovers out there, DJMAX Technika Q has been improved and relaunched on iOS and Android. Out now.

Originally released in 2014, this new release has a fresh coat of paint, improved UI, and added support.

New interface, and new songs added! New free song too. Looks less like a mobile game, and more like an arcade game.

PMANG+ login requirement is now gone!

You can use your Pmang credentials to restore all your previous purchases and song packs (and all your scores, rankings, experience points, and whatnot), and then you never have to use Pmang again. This was actually not working for me initially with my Pmang ID and password, so I sent the info to them via the in-app contact system, and they fixed it within 24 hours (on a weekend no less!). All my previously purchased songs and banked Q points transferred right over.

oovyFwP.jpg

(new icon)

The game is free to download. You buy Q points with real money to unlock songs (there's packages, and discounts for multiple song purchases). TIP: The app defaults to "low resolution" mode, go into options and set low resolution to off, then restart. Crisp!

Quests are here too to earn stuff. REBOOT quest going on now.

I am just thrilled! Nice to get back into this. My ranking has slipped over the years! Love this game to death!

Videos:
DJMAX TECHNIKA Q 2017 Title Screen and Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31KiA5GTIlw
New Tutorial Video Added:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKVDvB6as88
Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OypfO_utJZ8

New song pack, and I am sure more to come.

App description via iTunes:

Description
"Masterpiece of DJMAX series with thousands of rhythm game buffs around the world!
DJMAX TECHNIKA Q! - The favorite Arcade & Console game TECHNIKA transformed into mobile!

TECHNIKA Q reborn with a completely new look !!

Meet 'Memory of Beach' by M2U - New summer update for FREE now!
Visualized & Intuitive song list will help you select songs.
Pre-listening enabled MUSIC SHOP - listen before you buy!
10Q points DISCOUNTS for any 2 songs purchased. Q Music pack(4songs) is no longer available.
Now you can sign in with Game Center ID.

FEATURES
- Enjoy DJMAX musicians' legendary songs for FREE
- Real key sounds and refined notes
- 100+ music with 300+ unique patterns and levels
- Enjoy upgraded music album system, music videos and lyrics
- Compete against world users with real-time ranking system

HOW TO PLAY
- Timeline will start moving horizontally as the music begins
- Touch the note as timeline passes over the center of the note
- Activate ‘Fever Mode' by touching the [FEVER] button when the gauge is full
- While in Fever Mode, all points will be scored as Maximum
- Random ‘Lucky Bonus' will help you reach higher score
- NOTE/SKIN/PARTNER items will let your create your unique TECHNIKA experience

J0qHfW7.png

DJMAX Global Facebook page always has the latest news:
https://www.facebook.com/DJMAXglobalofficial/

EDIT:
iTunes App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/djmax-technika-q-music-game/id765307389?mt=8
Google Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neowizinternet.game.technikaq_g_a&hl=en

Pricing:

Songs are 20 Q Points each. Discount every time you buy 2 songs of 10 Q points. Base price is $0.99 per 10 Q Points. Packages of Q Points available.

Point deals and quick math: Technika Q songs would be $3 for two songs, pay as you go. Picking up the 750-point bundle makes each 2 songs a total of $2.40, so $1.20 per song. Not unreasonable IMO. Like with any music game, there have been packs released along the way, and I am betting more to come, so jumping in and buying everything all at once right away is going to cost a pretty penny. Worth it for me, since where I live there is no way I could ever play this at an arcade anyway, and on an iPad this is like the next best thing. And music games are my jam.

SigSig

Yesssss
This is one of the best mobile rhythm games available, good to see them getting rid of the jank it had.

Articalys

Why is there no actual link to the game in the OP?

I like rhythm games but this looks like hell to play on anything less than a full-size tablet; can anybody attest to how well it works on smaller screens?

Finally, how much content do you actually get before you need to start paying for more?

MadeULook

Yeah, it was great to see a lot of the issues I had with Q get fixed up with the update. Easily one of the best mobile games out there. Plays great on my 5 inch screen with both 2 and 3 line if anyone is worried about screen size.

ZeroX03

Banned
I like rhythm games but this looks like hell to play on anything less than a full-size tablet; can anybody attest to how well it works on smaller screens?

I know many disagree, but I found the Vita version really bad, the screen was far too small and my hands were covering things. Generally the bigger the better for this series as far as I'm concerned.

sibarraz

Banned
The best thing in this upgrade is that now, you can create your own song packs for purchase, so now is easier to buy the songs that you want.

Also, as a f2p game this is very good, you are giving q credits every 10 levels.

Why is there no actual link to the game in the OP?

I didn't realize searching for DJMAX in an app store would cause so much stress. Would you like me to come over and hold your hand while you ask your parents permission to download this?

Finally, how much content do you actually get before you need to start paying for more?

I think it's only a couple free songs.

Damn i just can't get that perfect play badge v_v

I'm trying for that one too. So stressful haha!

Uuuh, so is it impossible to unlock every song without sinking in some money?

Yeah, make no mistake, this will cost money if you want a decent selection of songs. I bought all of them (like 3 years ago), and found I still had some Q points left, so I was able to get all the new songs by only putting in three more dollars. I'll add the currency and song prices to the OP. Of course pricing goes down if you get a good deal on iTunes cards or whatnot if you want to buy a lot of songs. Each song is 20 Q points (base price is $0.99 for 10 Q points, so roughly $2 per song). And there is a discount for multiple song purchases... for every 2 you buy you save 10 Q. So 2 songs for $3 if my math is right. Not unreasonable IMO. The package of 750 Q Points for $59.99 makes each Q point 8 cents instead of ten, so a 20% discount on the highest point package. So with the 10 Q Point discount for buying two songs, it would cost $2.40 for each 2-song purchase. Also, the $59.99 point pack is the equivalent of 25 songs with the discounts (30 points per 2, times 25, is 750 points).

Does it still need a online connection to play?

Yes.

Also:

Aw yiss.

Intel_89

Yeah, make no mistake, this will cost money if you want a decent selection of songs. I bought all of them (like 3 years ago), and found I still had some Q points left, so I was able to get all the new songs by only putting in three more dollars. I'll add the currency and song prices to the OP. Of course pricing goes down if you get a good deal on iTunes cards or whatnot if you want to buy a lot of songs. Each song is 20 Q points (base price is $0.99 for 10 Q points, so roughly $2 per song). And there is a discount for multiple song purchases... for every 2 you buy you save 10 Q. So 2 songs for $3 if my math is right. Not unreasonable IMO. The package of 750 Q Points for $59.99 makes each Q point 8 cents instead of ten, so a 20% discount on the highest point package. So with the 10 Q Point discount for buying two songs, it would cost $2.40 for each 2-song purchase. Also, the $59.99 point pack is the equivalent of 25 songs with the discounts (30 points per 2, times 25, is 750 points).

Prices got a slight bump all around in the EU app store, so the 59,99$ Q pack costs 64,99EUR (roughly 73$)... It's hard for me to justify spending that much money on a mobile gaming but I guess I'll check it from time to time to see if there are any freebies.

sibarraz

Banned
I feel that in this kind of games were you need a lot of practice to master 1 song, there is no need to spend a lot of money to purchase every single song, I have the philosophy of only buying the songs that you really want to play at the moment and only iof you can't farm the premium currency anymore

Back in 2014 the game came with 7 free songs, and I assume that hasn't changed. I think more recently they also added a free pack of 4 songs.

Also, after reaching level 80 (with the help of events) I had gotten enough premium currency for free to buy 28 more songs. You get quite a bit more more premium currency for reaching level 90 and 99, but by then you'll need to have planned ahead and bought songs that actually let you pass those levels' gated challenges.

Articalys

I didn't realize searching for DJMAX in an app store would cause so much stress. Would you like me to come over and hold your hand while you ask your parents permission to download this?
Then why should anybody ever post a link to anything in this forum? Everyone can go Google anything they need to look up.
I'll admit I could have asked more nicely, but that response was completely uncalled for.
But thank you for actually adding the store links, passive-aggressiveness aside.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should go back to playing this. Kind of fell off due to wanting to get the Vita version eventually & having a smartphone when I feel like a bigger screen would be better.

...............not to turn this into another port begging, but now I can't help but wonder how well this'd work on the Switch's touchscreen.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My iPad 2 is too old to appreciate this. But not being able to JB new iPads has me in a weird spot. I LOVE this series...

sakuori

I got it just before it relaunched. Enjoying it so far, I didn't really had the time to play Technika in arcades since there's a lot people playing usually. Nice to have it on mobile.

Sucks that I can't buy any Q points though since it doesn't accept my local network provider when buying in the store.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got it just before it relaunched. Enjoying it so far, I didn't really had the time to play Technika in arcades since there's a lot people playing usually. Nice to have it on mobile.

Sucks that I can't buy any Q points though since it doesn't accept my local network provider when buying in the store.

Can you buy cards and add points that way?

blazeaire

Wish they added 4 lines like the arcade ver, I literally spent over $200 getting all the songs a few years back and was worth it but the new changes doesn't temp me to redownload again

sakuori

Can you buy cards and add points that way?

Not sure if there is something like that around here, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to check.

I wonder if they plan to add songs from RESPECT in the future. I really like most of the new songs that they have showed so far.

Jimrpg

I had no idea it was on iPad, I just got a new iPad Mini 4 last week so this is perfect. Thanks for the thread!

Top Bottom