• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

oti

Banned
"I need more power"

OH MY JESUS LAWD GAAAAAHHHHDDDDDD TAKE ME NOWWW

15813883361_b26507c959_o.gif

Post #666
:O

Those changes in DmC are all very impressive and very much needed. Manual lock-on, getting rid of the color match weapons and the increased frame-rate and turbo mode were all some of my major complaints about the game. I am not sure if I am gonna doulbe dip though. I wasn't even motivated to finish the Vergil's Downfall DLC. I guess it will depend on how many current gen games I am gonna be interested around that time. I really haven't even been motivated to get a current gen system until Street Fighter V was announced.

I am curious what design they will use for Vergil in DMC4:SE. I hope they design a new one to go with DMC4 Dante as the DMC3 design may clash too much with the design of the other characters. Maybe a modified Nelo Angelo?

molnizzle

Is this the first time that "60fps" has been advertised on a game's box art?

I support the shit out of this practice. Please catch on. Imagine a world where publishers start demanding that devs optimize their games at 60fps for marketing purposes.

God damn I want to live in that world.

I think it is a good thing that the trailer is mostly comprised of OG Dante costumes. I really think this is all setting the stage for DMC5

Mr_Zombie

OK Capcom. You know, there's this one platform that you usually release your games on that you forgot to mention in this press release. I hope this is just a little mistake you will fix very soon, right?

I want this on PC. Please!

kewlmyc

I don't get the amount of shitting on DmC here. The rerelease is addressing most of the gameplay issues with the game so it's more inline with the first 4 games.

clem84

Gold Member
Really glad I held off getting the last gen version. Looking forward to playing DMC for the first time and DMC4SE next summer.

I'm confused. I played DmC and I liked it very much but most seem to dislike it because of the new Dante I guess. So now everyone's excited about DMC4:SE? Wasn't that game like, bad?

wrong on both accounts.

great news, Vergil's addition makes me hopeful that dmc4se is a big addition. I'll keep my expectations in check though.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think it is a good thing that the trailer is mostly comprised of OG Dante costumes. I really think this is all setting the stage for DMC5

Not if people like yourself don't support it.

Come on everyone! Let's show Capcom we don't just have mouth when push comes to shove, let's support the drive for new games

DmC - Day one.

Devil May Cry 4 - Day NEVER.

jk

Pretty glad DmC is coming to PS4 and Xbox One. It's a stupidly fantastic game. I'm sure I'll pick up DMC4 later down the line when it's cheaper.

farisr

As much as I love NT (and I do, it's not sarcasm), I really hope the inclusion of DMC4 (with the addition of a new playable character no less) means that they are really open to or planning on making a DMC5, instead of DmC2.

LordJim

I don't get the amount of shitting on DmC here. The rerelease is addressing most of the gameplay issues with the game so it's more inline with the first 4 games.

Most Weapons and movesets, atrocious boss fights(mechanics wise) and a abd story do not seem to vanish because of these changes

V_Arnold

But what about swearing? And you know, the black hair. The abortion scene. The no longer relevant 30fps. That another skippable cutscene. Dante's face. Dante's body structure. Dante's penis size. Vergil's penis size. Think about these issues before you demand a clear, reasonable look at DmC!

Kssio_Aug

As much as I love NT (and I do, it's not sarcasm), I really hope the inclusion of DMC4 (with the addition of a new playable character no less) means that they are really open to or planning on making a DMC5, instead of DmC2.

Or DMC 5 or they are planning DmC 2 in the old DMC style.

Top Bottom