• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don’t Starve Together Heading to PS4 September 13

Loudninja

Hello, PlayStation.Blog! Corey here from Klei Entertainment with some exciting news. We are extremely happy to announce that Don’t Starve Together is coming to PS4 on September 13 along with a brand new bundle, the Don’t Starve Mega Pack, which will be 60% off for players who already own the original Don’t Starve!

Since the launch of the classic single-player Don’t Starve on PS4, we’ve gone on to release two expansions, various themes, and now the multiplayer focused Don’t Starve Together. The Mega Pack will include the entire current Don’t Starve PS4 catalogue in one snazzy bundle full of survival and savings.
The Mega Pack includes:
  • Don’t Starve Together: Console Edition
  • Don’t Starve: Console Edition
  • Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked
  • Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants
  • Don’t Starve: Console Edition: Shipwrecked Theme
  • Don’t Starve: Console Edition: Autumn Theme
On September 13, PS4 fans will be able to get everything shown in the list above via the the Don’t Starve: Mega Pack for $26.99.
As a special thank you to PS4 Players who already own the original Don’t Starve, you’ll be able to get the Don’t Starve Mega Pack for 60% off it’s normal price at $10.79. This way you can save on the brand new multiplayer expansion and get any themes or single-player expansions you may not have yet. Thank you!
One of the most exciting parts of this bundle is undoubtedly the release of Don’t Starve Together. This new entry in the Don’t Starve collection will support up to six players online and for the first time ever, support split-screen couch co-op both locally and online!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/25/dont-starve-together-heading-to-ps4-september-13/

As a special thank you to PS4 Players who already own the original Don’t Starve, you’ll be able to get the Don’t Starve Mega Pack for 60% off it’s normal price at $10.79

This is really great.

SomTervo

omgicantwait.gif

Adryuu

finally! i cant wait to play this with my girlfriend!

Same, it's one of the last games she has spent actual time with.

I have the ps plus version, that I think got converted into an actual full version when the vita version launched, right? So I'm eligible for the discount? They deserve it no doubt if I can get all that for cheap!

Also, that bundle is coming to Europe too, RIGHT??

Auctopus

Me and a friend have been waiting so long for this. I can't wait.

Is it a separate game? Is my current copy of Don't Starve any good?

Edit: just read, so I buy the Mega Pack I think.

Griss

Don't Starve is fantastic, for anyone who hasn't realised. Don't let the lame Tim Burton artstyle and annoying sound effects put you off at first. If you're anything like me, you'll grow to actually like the art, sound and music as the gameplay sucks you in. That was something I didn't expect.

As a special thank you to PS4 Players who already own the original Don’t Starve, you’ll be able to get the Don’t Starve Mega Pack for 60% off it’s normal price at $10.79. This way you can save on the brand new multiplayer expansion and get any themes or single-player expansions you may not have yet. Thank you!

Well shit, I literally just bought the other DLCs two days ago. Rare that I have bad timing like that. Oh well, I suppose it happens.

Oh yeah! I have the original one, cross-buy with VITA.

Would love Together to come to the VITA, would be perfect, but I'll settle with playing it on the PS4.

Also, great discount!

One of the best games in years.

This and Spelunky really have defined indie-style 2D games for me. Definitely my benchmarks, absolutely love both of these.

Was the original Don't Starve ever offered on PS+? Or did I buy it?

Edit: Looks like it was. So what's the deal for people who own it through that? I assume they won't get the discount then?

Alej

Banned
Everything is up on the PSN store but it looks like there is a problem with pricing there. The mega pack isn't at 60% discount at all for Don't Starve owners it seems.

The mega pack is currently at 15.99€ and DST alone is at 14.99€.

Everything is up on the PSN store but it looks like there is a problem with pricing there. The mega pack isn't at 60% discount at all for Don't Starve owners it seems.

Yeah it's £12.99 for the bundle or £11.99 for stand alone in the UK. Waiting for that discount.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Same on the Germany store :/

dinoroar

Banned
My wife really wants to coop with me tonight. Klei and Sony please.

Aren't these prices correct, with the megapack being 60% off if you were to buy all of the DLC AND together, together?

erk, well I've bought it now anyway. Couch co-oping with my girlfriend and joining online with friends tonight, can't wait.

SummitAve

Banned
Huh just bought this and it doesn't seem like I'm able to actually download it. The option is flickering and unselectable even after a restart.

Rainer70

Wow I thought the $10.79 price was a glitch when I saw it on the store. Can't turn down the DLC and Don't Starve Together for that price.

Fisty

Wow this one came out of nowhere for me!!!!

So excited, hit me up on PS4 if you want to join up. Maybe we can do a GAF server?

12,99€ for the mega pack...is that already with the discount now?

Yes. This game is great, bought it last night and played for a few hours - playing with other players makes this game so much better, and I loved the SP version!

Only thing I dont know how to do, how do I type to other players? Everyone else seems to be doing so and I feel like they think I am ignoring them but I have no idea how to do it!

DrkSage

Is anyone else having trouble with the mega pack? Whenever I go to the store and try to download it, it goes all crazy, like the download starts flicking on and off and shit and the store becomes super slow. And its only with the mega pack.

Is anyone else having trouble with the mega pack? Whenever I go to the store and try to download it, it goes all crazy, like the download starts flicking on and off and shit and the store becomes super slow. And its only with the mega pack.

Yep, same thing happened! Can't download the themes :|

Installed Dont Starve Together and already had the original Don't Starve which I assume has already updated to Shipwreck

DrkSage

Yep, same thing happened! Can't download the themes :|

Installed Dont Starve Together and already had the original Don't Starve which I assume has already updated to Shipwreck

Same here

I opened don't starve and only found RoG, don't know if shipwreck is supposed to appear there like RoG does or separate like don't starve together does.
Nvm, it appears that it wasn't done downloading, but how could someone know if there isn't anything anything to let you know. No download bar or notification

Top Bottom