• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest: Builders |OT| - "If you build it, they will come."

Ventara

I'm pretty excited for this, so the wait is gonna be painful since I'm importing the physical Vita Asian version. Really tempted to just say screw it and buy it on PSN.

Can't wait for this to unlock. I was kinda bummed out by X-Com 2 so hopefully this will be the game I can play for the next couple of months. The demo was great.

Chesskid1

Banned
I'm pretty excited for this, so the wait is gonna be painful since I'm importing the physical Vita Asian version. Really tempted to just say screw it and buy it on PSN.

that's a good idea, you can keep it sealed :)

i'm too cheap for that though.

going to have to wait for mine too, hopefully VGP doesn't delay it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
lol I built a kitchen. Why am I enjoying this so much? Its weird because I cannot stand Minecraft.

I think what it seems to be is due to this game giving you an actual tangible objective, where minecraft is more do whatever you want for the most part without dying in survival mode. While it had a rather vague objective of kill the dragon and whatnots, for the most part it just lets you do whatever and leaves you to your own devices.

On Demand

Banned
I've been waiting for this since I played the JP demo back in January. Won't be able to get it at launch sadly but I'll join in soon.

I like what they did with the Day one edition box art. Most just have a boring/ugly banner across the top.

I was going to wait until those sold out and got replaced without the banner. At least they got creative with it.

Parakeetman

I was going to wait until those sold out and got replaced without the banner. At least they got creative with it.

At least it didnt look something like this lol
pz49b8c.jpg

bryanee

I think what it seems to be is due to this game giving you an actual tangible objective, where minecraft is more do whatever you want for the most part without dying in survival mode. While it had a rather vague objective of kill the dragon and whatnots, for the most part it just lets you do whatever and leaves you to your own devices.

Yeah, you're right. I prefer the structure and the direction given....also I just bought it. First DQ game.

Parakeetman

Very nice OT as usual. I really hope you guys can enjoy this fantastic game:)

Thanks!

Is this game not coming out for PS3 anymore?

Does not seem like it. As the offical US site only lists PS4 / PS Vita. The initial announcements too only stated PS4 / PSV. In Japan it was PS3 / PS4 / PSV.

Yeah, you're right. I prefer the structure and the direction given....also I just bought it. First DQ game.

For me I like watching the towns people and building stuff for them. lol though man if you do not be careful and watch out for making sure not to leave sections that allow them to jump up onto, they will literally climb everywhere they can. I dont think they take fall damage though thankfully...I think.

ys45

I'm still halfway trough Dragon Quest 7 but I can't wait to get this tomorrow .
This is one of my most anticipated games this year .

1upsuper

I picked up the Japanese Vita version back in January but I'm really excited for my US PS4 copy to arrive just the same. All these DQ localizations make me happy.

Anyone else get their promotional code from Amazon? I tried redeeming it and it says its not valid. Wondering if its because before the release date or if they sent me a bad code.

Luigi87

Anyone else get their promotional code from Amazon? I tried redeeming it and it says its not valid. Wondering if its because before the release date or if they sent me a bad code.

Probably because it's before release. Often codes won't work until after PSN updates.

Parakeetman

Anyone know how well this runs on vita? Seems like the perfect platform for this.

No real major issues really, though thats with my experience with the full JP version. Just go download the demo and try it out for yourself would be the fastest way to make a decision on which version you want.

The demo gives you a pretty fair impression of what to expect with the game so its worth checking out regardless.

Can't wait for this, but how crazy is it that it releases in half an hour and we still don't know what it will cost on Vita? I'm pretty irritated by this, but oh well. I'll know soon enough how much I'm out!

Daouzin

I couldn't wait for a physical copy so I bought mine digital. Should be available to play in 30 minutes. So hyped!

Roubjon

I pre-ordered this blind knowing it got fantastic reviews when it was released in Japan. I still haven't played the demo or seen much and I can't wait!

Nags

Banned
I should be done with SMT IV A by the time this arrives tomorrow. Really looking forward to a nice change of pace with this game (and no hand cramps).

Just a heads up about the PS4 version: The localized version introduces a framerate bug that wasn't in the JP one. At least based on testing I did in the demo.

Basically, when you hold a placeable item (an earth block or a tree stump or something) there is a constant microstutter that's best visible when rotating the camera, ruining the otherwise smooth 60FPS.

More info

If someone sensitive to stutter could test this on the retail version and report back that would be great. To avoid it, just equip something else with the dpad while being out and exploring. I hope SE will fix it at some point.

taco543

I cracked, with 6 minutes left before it was able to be played. I'll regret it in the morning when I check my bank account. But till then I don't give a damn!

This game plays so well over remote play on Vita. I do feel kind of guilty not getting that version.

Is there cross save between the two versions?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Just a heads up about the PS4 version: The localized version introduces a framerate bug that wasn't in the JP one. At least based on testing I did in the demo.

Basically, when you hold a placeable item (an earth block or a tree stump or something) there is a constant microstutter that's best visible when rotating the camera, ruining the otherwise smooth 60FPS.

More info

If someone sensitive to stutter could test this on the retail version and report back that would be great. To avoid it, just equip something else with the dpad while being out and exploring. I hope SE will fix it at some point.

Definitely noticed this. Good to know there's a work around until they (hopefully) fix the bug.

Top Bottom