• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) XV1 "Legend Patrol" DLC confirmed for the west, free

Waited a tad to get confirmation of a NA release which I just found.

Anywho, first we got EU confirmation via the Nintendo Downloads PR:

Nintendo of Europe PR said:
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 for Nintendo Switch (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, available September 22) - €59.99/£54.99
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 builds upon the highly popular DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE with enhanced graphics that will further immerse players into the largest and most detailed Dragon Ball world ever developed. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 for Nintendo Switch includes Nintendo Switch specific features and a different way of playing with your friends locally and online.

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - Character Unlock (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - Free
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - Legend Patrol (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - Free
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - DLC Bundle (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - €24.99/£19.99
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - DB Super Pack 1 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - €7.99/£6.49
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - DB Super Pack 2 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - €7.99/£6.49
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - DB Super Pack 3 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - €7.99/£6.49
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - DB Super Pack 4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - €7.99/£6.49

And finally Bandai Namco US tweeted the following:

Bandai Namco US said:
Xenoverse 2 on the go is great! Plus, you get the XV1 Story DLC for free! Pick it up if you get a chance! It comes out tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/910943073806426112

So my friends, at last our fears of missing out on the Dragonball Xenoverse 1 DLC have been put to rest! :D

Also I heard some say it's free for a month, but I've not seen official word on that yet.

Edit: The content is free until October 31st as seen at the end of the trailer:

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/911213522394087424

Kouriozan

Should have talked about it before, anyway it's a good news, was scared they wouldn't do it because of the complete silence.

I'm still confused what this dlc even is.
Full XV1 or just XV1 fights using the XV2 engine?
I never played the the 1st game, is this version ok to jump in with?

Effect

Good to know it's there and free. Copy should be here today. Honestly looking forward to experiencing the game. I just hope the FPS won't be an issue when I'm in the middle of the action.

J@hranimo

Banned
I just realized that tweet from Bamco wasn't an official tweet about Xenoverse 2 Switch release, it was in response to someone else asking about it. Lol.

Can't believe that. An answer is an answer though.

Piers

Switch features:
Exclusively play through XV1 story mode!!
Edit: Blind and brain dead this afternoon. Missed Switch.

What's the consensus on XV2? I cant really comment on the open beta (played 1 round), but XV1 felt meh to me.

The gameplay is improved dramatically from the original, but it suffers from the story mode effectively being more of the same, and easier than the original's, plus you have a lot of recycled parallel quests from XV1.

You'll probably get more out of it if you hadn't played the original, as a lot of the content will feel familiar, but the actual core fighting mechanics are miles better.

Also, they have it so you can equip things called QQ bangs, which allow you to alter the stats that the clothes give you, unlike on XV1 where you basically had to use the end game gear, because everything else only added like 1 point to stats. Creating these is RNG based, but it allows you to equip early game clothes, like Kid Gohan, Yamcha etc., but have the stat bonuses of something like Beerus or Broly's outfits, as an example.

eizarus

Banned
The gameplay is improved dramatically from the original, but it suffers from the story mode effectively being more of the same, and easier than the original's, plus you have a lot of recycled parallel quests from XV1.

You'll probably get more out of it if you hadn't played the original, as a lot of the content will feel familiar, but the actual core fighting mechanics are miles better.

Also, they have it so you can equip things called QQ bangs, which allow you to alter the stats that the clothes give you, unlike on XV1 where you basically had to use the end game gear, because everything else only added like 1 point to stats. Creating these is RNG based, but it allows you to equip early game clothes, like Kid Gohan, Yamcha etc., but have the stat bonuses of something like Beerus or Broly's outfits, as an example.
Thanks! I'll pick it up if I can find it cheaper than full price. It will hopefully keep the DBZ thirst quenched till Fighter Z.

Sooo can anyone give me the a rundown of this game in general? The game looks neat, but I don't have a whole lot of DBZ knowledge. Is the content there (in your opinion at least) worth the 50USD?

Revven

I thought I had seen that mentioned previously as well. I take it that isn't the case.

Nope. The game does not come with all the DLC on it, you have to buy the season pass on the eShop for the same price everyone else bought it for on PS4/Xbone/PC.

Really dumb move by Bamco tbh.

strideramc

Nope. The game does not come with all the DLC on it, you have to buy the season pass on the eShop for the same price everyone else bought it for on PS4/Xbone/PC.

Really dumb move by Bamco tbh.

Yeah, I was on board for an "ultimate" version. I'll just pass now since it's mostly a vanilla version.

FYI you can download the free dlc now even if you do not have the game yet.

Hope Nintendo never change this aspect of the eshop.

seady

FYI you can download the free dlc now even if you do not have the game yet.

Hope Nintendo never change this aspect of the eshop.

Wow thanks! I will probably get the game for cheap down the road. But it's good to have the DLC downloaded for free now.

Top Bottom