• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown impressions and screens

Hopefully the enemies only scale with your LVL/XP and not your gear, so finiding that legendary sword/bow/armour etc will be much more desirable and allow you to own enemies that would be quite tough with more conventional weaponry.

lexi

Banned
Legitimately hyped for this game. Day 1 on Vita.

Anyone with photoshop skills please get rid of that awful ign watermark for the character select screen, I beg of you.

Newer versions of Photoshop should be able to take care of it with Content Aware fill, right? Hell even the clone tool should be able to take care of it -- I unfortunately don't have a copy of Photoshop available.

Vexxan

Anyone with photoshop skills please get rid of that awful ign watermark for the character select screen, I beg of you.

Not perfect but good enough I think
AzLODdy.jpg

Legitimately hyped for this game. Day 1 on Vita.

Newer versions of Photoshop should be able to take care of it with Content Aware fill, right? Hell even the clone tool should be able to take care of it -- I unfortunately don't have a copy of Photoshop available.
Unfortunately I don't have access to photoshop at the moment either.
Not perfect but good enough I think

<3 thanks.

Bladenic

The Fighter's head looks so fucking weird in that first pic in the OP. So tiny compared to his immense frame.

Oh, but I'm really excited for this.

Fistwell

Release date still TBA for filthy euro peasants? ;_;

Guess I'll just have to import it if they pull another persona 4 arena.

Qvoth

can't wait for kotaku/jason schreier to praise this game to high heavens and act like nothing's ever happened

Sentenza

It's a beat-em up at heart, don't want it too easy do you?
Then just don't put in a progression system?

The Elf is so drop dead gorgeous in that character select screen <3

Definitely playing as her <3
Boring. She's the least original/interesting out of the three female characters' designs.

Back to the preview: yeah, yeah, it looks gorgeous, that's old news.
Even their previous games did. What I'm curious to know it's if this is going to be equally dull and boring to play after a while.

Tailzo

Too bad about level scaling. I have yet to play a rpg that I feel level scaling is done right. But I'm still getting this game :)

"Then just don't put in a progression system?"

People want to fill bars in their 60$ games and complain about a lack of content if there aren't enough of them.

duckroll

"Then just don't put in a progression system?"

People want to fill bars in their 60$ games and complain about a lack of content if there aren't enough of them.

It's true. The guys who did the Scott Pilgrim XBLA game said the same thing. Producers overseeing such projects tend to have requirements on the game spec they feel are representative of what the mass market wants. You have to find one way or other to include such features or you don't get to make a game most of the time. Sad. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well to be honest, It's an Action/Rpg

Having no progression would be stupid. I mean would Gauntlet legends have been as addicting as it was or satisfying if you didn't level?

Imagine if the D&D arcade games didn't level you up as well. The only reason the game doesn't keep your character levels is cause well it was an arcade brawler based on single playthroughs that wanted you to dump more quarters in to see another path.

Top Bottom