• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 First Look and Trailer Released | PlayStation Showcase

Juras

Bless them the night is still dark and full of terrors.

wKZu80P.png

Mr Moose

This was one of the few highlights. I have the PS4 version of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and got the PC version yesterday from the Bundle thing (£25 for that, Monster Hunter Rise, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy and Street Fighter stuff).

Looks good in my top 5 most anticipated games as of now. Needs a lot of polish graphically.

Won't judge it yet, it's still early.

Last edited:

Lux R7

From the updated site:

ABOUT​

The deep, explorable fantasy world of Dragon's Dogma...
Dragon's Dogma is a single player, narrative driven action-RPG that challenges players to choose their own experience – from the appearance of their Arisen, their vocation, their party, how to approach different situations and more.
On your journey, you’ll be joined by Pawns, mysterious otherworldly beings, in an adventure so unique you will feel as if accompanied by other players while on your own adventure.
All of these elements are elevated further by the latest in graphics, artificial intelligence (AI) and physics technology to create a truly immersive fantasy world in Dragon's Dogma 2.

STORY​

The story begins in an underground gaol where the Dragon's voice echoes in the fog of lost memories.
Ascend, Arisen, and best me, in accordance with the dogma of this world.
Betwixt the domains of human and beastren, A hero must fulfill their forgotten destiny.
What dogma does your heart see through your eyes?
‘Tis a tale of one who shall slay the Dragon and claim the throne.

LRKD

Looks so good!!!!!!! the only thing I worry about is some diversity hire complaining about characters/character creation. The original game's was quite good, it'd be a damn shame if it isn't as robust as it was before.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Couldn't watch it live, but the moment I saw Dragons Dogma 2 was trending in my timeline I flipped a shit.

It looks glorious.

NT80

The Playstaion channel vid mentions only PS5

I was curious about that. No date or time period is mentioned in any of the vids so I assume it's still a long way off.

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice, looks awesome.
One of the only good things from the Sony showcase.

They didn't even give a year though, wouldn't be surprised if it's a 2025 title.

Pejo

Happy we got gameplay but I wish there was at least a release year.
Honestly I'm ok with letting them take their time on this game. There's lots of room from improvement, but this trailer shows that the base of the game looks good, and that they haven't changed too much to make it lose its identity. As far as I'm concerned, they can take as long as they want adding content/polishing/improving it. Winter 2024 seems possible?

Woopah

Honestly I'm ok with letting them take their time on this game. There's lots of room from improvement, but this trailer shows that the base of the game looks good, and that they haven't changed too much to make it lose its identity. As far as I'm concerned, they can take as long as they want adding content/polishing/improving it. Winter 2024 seems possible?
I think so, but I wouldn't be surprised by Summer 2025 either

Aenima

So fucking hyped for this game. Played the 1st blind without knowing what to expect (It was on PS+ back on the PS3) and it became one of my favorite games of all time pretty fast. One of my most antecipated games for this gen.

Pejo

I was hoping it wouldn't be cross gen. It's a big step up from having to develop for Xbox 360's with no hard drive at all for the first game.
Series S still hangin' in there, making developers waste their time downporting everything.

blackjon24

Don't care the graphics look dated, the original game and dark arisen were some of the most fun I've had with an rpg in years. Just glad it is being made since the original didn't do gang busters

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How can you possible tell that from a trailer like that?
I've played literally thousands of hours of DD. I recognized it immediately. Like 80 - 90% of the assets / animation / enemies / armor etc in that trailer are pulled straight from DD1. That's why my first thought was that it might be a remake of some sort... especially when they hung so long on the title before revealing it was actually part 2.

Especially considering how quickly they showed this.... let's be honest, it's very early, and they have gameplay? It was only just announced.

My brain was like.... maybe this is a remaster type thing to hold us over until the sequel is finished. Because, how can this be ... oh... it IS part 2. Okay.

And just to be clear, this is by far my most anticipated game. I'm really surprised and happy they showed it. But clearly this fast turn around is because they're leaning pretty heavy on stuff they built for the original. Fine by me.

Aenima

Don't care the graphics look dated, the original game and dark arisen were some of the most fun I've had with an rpg in years. Just glad it is being made since the original didn't do gang busters
Dark Arisen run at like 20fps on a PS3 and that didnt stoped it to be one of my favorite games of the gen.

It goes on sale for super cheap during Steam sales. If you like action RPGs you literally cannot go wrong with the first one.
Tempting but diablo 4 is in a week, how long is this game? I was just checking into mods to make the game look better as well

Pejo

Tempting but diablo 4 is in a week, how long is this game? I was just checking into mods to make the game look better as well
Main story is about 30-40 hours I guess if you get the Dark Arisen version. But it's one of those games that you can put as much or as little into it as you want and get very different experiences. I think the best parts were just going for long treks across the map and finding all the trouble you get into along the way. It's got a very foreboding and dangerous overworld until you get overpowered towards late game.

Top Bottom