• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sick days exist for these very reasons
Already did that once, think it was for God of War (PS4).

I was at work and, the moment I got the notification that I got the game delivered at home, I started to pretend like I was sick, coughing and all that stuff.
They told me "yeah you look pretty bad" and sent me home. Still don't know how to take that, but hey, it worked.

Nowadays I do wfh, so mayhaps I'll be able to pretend to do stuff while I game.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pre Ordered the Deluxe Edition, i know i will like the game but i'm ready to be disappointed by this, i've seen a lot of negatives in the reviews and non spoiler leaks
What worries you? Without spoilering too much.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The game has less enemy variety than DD1, the Map is Linear just like the first one, NPC and Pawn AI doesnt seem to be that much of an improvement/SPOILER]
From all the videos and impressions I've seen, the majority of them have stated the pawn AI is much improved over the fist game.

TintoConCasera

The game has less enemy variety than DD1, the Map is Linear just like the first one, NPC and Pawn AI doesnt seem to be that much of an improvement/SPOILER]
Yeah, enemy variety sucks and I'm disappointed in that too, specially since apparently they didn't bring back some iconic monsters like the hydra or the evil eye.
About the other points, I don't know, I'll have to play the game to know.

I'm excited to watch someone else play this. If there are other worthwhile creators out there worthy of some views, please share.

Sick days exist for these very reasons

Probably Rurikhan, He is very early in the game and he played the original multiple times back then. He has very similar taste to fighting cowboy.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yeah, enemy variety sucks and I'm disappointed in that too, specially since apparently they didn't bring back some iconic monsters like the hydra or the evil eye.
About the other points, I don't know, I'll have to play the game to know.

Also

The Beloved Systemis the exactly same from the dirst game, no improvements

Apparently, most people will be mass killing NPCs since they have perma death and they are the ones responsible for the FPS drops

Last edited:

fatmarco

First few hours were a bit of a mixed bag.

- It seems harder to grab onto enemies compared to the first game, but it's neat you can simply walk on top of them now.
- The image reconstruction isn't great and lots of the foreground elements look very muddy in general, despite far away vistas having extremely high detail (playing on Series X).
- Performance is sloppy, but the city is just bizarre. I stared at a wall in the city and the framerate dropped lower than it did staring at the actual city full of NPCs.
- I'm not sure I get the new system of blocking enemies in a different direction by having to press an additional button to re-allign yourself to face them.
- The intial story has a lot less momentum than the first games. There's needless convolution that doesn't actually aid the pacing.
- Some of the new animations are fantastic, impaling enemies etc.
- It feels a lot easier to get swarmed by enemies in this game, and yet it also feels extremely easy at points. Not sure if its a dynamic difficulty system?

To be fair, Dragon's Dogma 1's start isn't great either and it takes a while for that game to come together, so hopefully its the same for this game, but it was a somewhat muted introduction to the game.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

- It seems harder to grab onto enemies compared to the first game, but it's neat you can simply walk on top of them now.
- The image reconstruction isn't great and lots of the foreground elements look very muddy in general, despite far away vistas having extremely high detail (playing on Series X).
- Performance is sloppy, but the city is just bizarre. I stared at a wall in the city and the framerate dropped lower than it did staring at the actual city full of NPCs.
- I'm not sure I get the new system of blocking enemies in a different direction by having to press an additional button to re-allign yourself to face them.
- The intial story has a lot less momentum than the first games. There's needless convolution that doesn't actually aid the pacing.
- It feels a lot easier to get swarmed by enemies in this game, and yet it also feels extremely easy at points. Not sure if its a dynamic difficulty system?

To be fair, Dragon's Dogma 1's start isn't great either and it takes a while for that game to come together, so hopefully its the same for this game, but it was a somewhat muted introduction to the game.
in which platform are you playing mate? and thx for sharing btw.

Last edited:
So what starting Vocation is everyone planning to pick?
What do you mean planning to pick? Didn't we already create our characters last week? :messenger_sunglasses:

I have an archer pawn, and wavering on thief or mage main. I will probably pick thief.

I am picking up my copy at 10am tomorrow. I tried to get the shop to give me my copy early, but no luck. I even promised to not play it until Friday.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

Yeah. this is what i'm feeling. We were very close to have a very strong GOTY candidate if they had better peformance and more variety.

TintoConCasera

Yeah. this is what i'm feeling. We were very close to have a very strong GOTY candidate if they had better peformance and more variety.
I remember Itsuno saying there were more big monsters like the Sphinx hidden in the world on that IGN interview.

Wonder it was just an outright lie.

fatmarco

I remember Itsuno saying there were more big monsters like the Sphinx hidden in the world on that IGN interview.

Wonder it was just an outright lie.
I think it's just early on. Dragon's Dogma 1 had you fighting goblins for like 10 hours at least before real variety and those sort of special one off enemies kicked in.

TintoConCasera

I'm guessing no preload on Steam? I'd like to start playing on release, 1:00 and go to sleep at like 03:00 or so. :goog_relieved:

TintoConCasera

Upgrade your internet you cheapskate. Join the 1GB master race and download it in a few minutes.
I have like half of that I think. If the game's about 70GB it shouldn't take too long, but still, it's time spent not playing the game.
Yeah, it looks like no preload on Steam based on this big thread on their discussion forums.

Aw that sucks. Well, thanks for the info! Might go take a nap so I'm fresh when the release time comes. :lollipop_content:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Upgrade your internet you cheapskate. Join the 1GB master race and download it in a few minutes.
It's not the preload of the file that take time, it's what comes after.

With a release at 00:00\01:00 in europe, only people with insomnia are gonna try the game:lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
They really do need to start making proper demos of games again. This idiotic thing of not knowing whether your hardware will handle the game or not until after you've dropped 70 bones has got to come to an end.

Tempted to sail the high fucking seas just to establish whether I can play the damned game or not at all :pie_eyeroll:

TintoConCasera

They really do need to start making proper demos of games again. This idiotic thing of not knowing whether your hardware will handle the game or not until after you've dropped 70 bones has got to come to an end.

Tempted to sail the high fucking seas just to establish whether I can play the damned game or not at all :pie_eyeroll:
Well you can always request a refund. Thing is those only work for games purchased through Steam and not key resellers, so keep that in mind.

I always sleep late, I'll drink a monster or something and play till noon.
I'm going to open a can of soda, roll a spliff and play the game until I fall asleep on the couch.

I can already imagine how bad the download speeds will be
Don't say those kind of things man, don't do that to me.

Nervous Sweats GIF

thanks for this. as I suspected, definitely more of an iteration that an improvement. not necessarily a bad thing, but I can wait for a price drop (& loads of good pawns)...

april6e

Why is it 2024 and we can't get devs to activate pre downloads on Steam? Monster Hunter Rise was the same way. Didn't even get to play on launch day because I deal with US internet.

Markio128

It isn’t a day 1 for me, but it looks like a solid game, and one I’m looking forward to getting into once I’ve finished my current crop.

Top Bottom