• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma II will be releasing on March 22, 2024

NT80

One of my most anticipated games. I saw some of what I was hoping to see - interesting new enemies, weapons and classes. Graphics and animations seemed better than the previous footage too. I'd just like to seem some really different environments compared to the first game now.

Skifi28

UN1OuzA.jpg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I really don’t think they improved enough from the footage shown. Still looks like a janky C tier game.

The first one showed a potential for something better in a sequel but it looks like capcom just doubled down on more jank instead of refining.

This will be a giant maybe for me. Reviews would have to soar. I particularly think the story will be completely caca like the first.

Hope I’m wrong….

Last edited:
I really don’t think they improved enough from the footage shown. Still looks like a janky C tier game.

The first one showed a potential for something better in a sequel but it looks like capcom just doubled down on more jank instead of refining.

This will be a giant maybe for me. Reviews would have to soar. I particularly think the story will be completely caca like the first.

Hope I’m wrong….
9 different classes is way too many. It's seemingly going to be a jacks of all trades and master of none

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
No physical version for deluxe? Making life harder for boomers I see, inclusiveness my ass!!! >_<

Last edited:

Terenty

Wow look at that a real game, with game mechanics is gonna come out finally, not some shitty movie with shitty "game" bolted on from a frustrated failed movie director who thinks they can educate me and improve my opinions on things.

Such a breath of fresh air!

Kumomeme

im glad they barely show anything much more in the game and hope they keep this way

cant wait to get suprise when i get hands of it

has over thousand of hours from first game and atleast bought it twice.

Last edited:

GymWolf

You're the gaffer with the eye for graphics so you should be excited about Ubisoft's Avatar since it's releasing next week lol.
I care for the graphic if i'm interested in the game, for example i could not give less fucks about anal wake 2 even if the graphic is great, and i fucking hate avatar brand and the game really doesn't look better than horizon dlc graphic wise, some things look better, some look worse.

Maybe i'm gonna do a month of uplay on pc to tey the game for 10 euros because i love open world games but sure as hell i'm not hyped at all.

Last edited:

KiteGr

I thought the first one was mediocre, but given recent Capcom titles, im excited to try this game out.
Currently Capcom are delivering banger after banger, so i think this is going to be good.
It wasn't mediocre. It was unfinished.
Yet the potential shows so much that an actual finished hame will be epic.

Stafford

My buddy just messaged me and said he thinks the co-op also looks great. And I can't even blame him, it does make you think the game has co-op with how all those characters seem to work together. But they are just basically NPC followers?

It's unfortunate because I'd love to take on that gigantic boss with friends.

GymWolf

Do we know if this one finally has ragdoll when you smack enemies to death or if we are stuck with shitty precanned death animations like the first one?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do we know if this one finally has ragdoll when you smack enemies to death or if we are stuck with shitty precanned death animations like the first one?
I guess some people have to obsess about something, either about CGI being games or this.

Danjin44

My buddy just messaged me and said he thinks the co-op also looks great. And I can't even blame him, it does make you think the game has co-op with how all those characters seem to work together. But they are just basically NPC followers?

It's unfortunate because I'd love to take on that gigantic boss with friends.
I’m not MP guy but I’m surprised this game doesn’t have co-op any kind, its shares some it’s DNA with Monster Hunter series, the colossus fight they showed off in this showcase reminds me of the fight with Shen Gaoren and Lao-Shan Lung and even including siege weapons you can use against them.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I guess some people have to obsess about something, either about CGI being games or this.
The game could crap on your head and you would be okay with that, we know that japanese devs can't do wrong with you.

Personally, in a modern game where you smack enemies around, ragdoll should be paramount like in the remaining 99% of games where you smack enemies around and have ragdoll, but you probably prefer seeing the same exact animation billions of times, good for you dude, other people have higher standards.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The game could crap on your head and you would be okay with that, we know that japanese devs can't do wrong with you.

Personally, in a modern game where you smack enemies around, ragdoll should be paramount like in the remaining 99% of games where you smack enemies around and have ragdoll, but you probably prefer seeing the same exact animation billions of times, good for you dude, other people have higher standards.
To me it such small part of any game, I’m not gonna skip good game over it has ragdoll or not.

Danjin44

I'm not gonna skip the game for that tho.

I was just asking because the videos are a bit confused and it's hard to see.
Okay, honestly was just curious because I always see you asking the same question in most games if it has ragdoll or not, just wondering why are you fixated over that part of the game?

GymWolf

Okay, honestly was just curious because I always see you asking the same question in most games if it has ragdoll or not, just wondering why are you fixated over that part of the game?
Because when i have to kill billions of enemies, i like having visual variety, when i use a giant tornado as a mage in dd, i wanna see the enemies flying in different directions and roll on the ground realistically, it just look different when bodies are stiff and die all with the same animation.

You should ask to the gaming industry why 99% of games where you kill stuff use ragdoll, because it add visual variety to every kill, i absolutely hate seeing the same exact animation billions of times or stiff bodies falling down in the same way for 50 to 100 hours (in the case of open worlds).

Pretty sure that you enjoyed smacking enemies in zelda and seeing them flying and landing in different ways everytime, imagine how boring it would be without ragdoll and with enemies just dying or flying in the same way, it get boring after a while, so even a "kiddy" game likes to show you visual variety after a kill.

There is a reason why almost nobody use precanned death animations and no ragdoll in games where you kill stuff.

Hell i'm playing a simil-xcom game where combat is turn based, not even real time, and they still have nice ragdoll for the kills because it is nice seeing a different reaction from an assault rifle or a shotgun or hitting an enemy on the side and seeing them flying accordingly.

Last edited:

Regginator

Simultaneously one of the most underrated and overrated games I've ever played.
Underrated because the combat system is that good and I still think many people haven't played DD yet.
Overrated because holy shit outside of the combat and a potentially interesting online-system, it has very little going for it. Dull story telling, uninteresting characters (outside of maybe Grigori), and an empty world.

Zuzu

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Granblue Fantasy Relink & Dragon’s Dogma 2. What a great year for Japanese action rpgs 2024 will be. So good.

Please give a 40hz mode Capcom.

Is it a direct sequel to the first game??
If yes, I will probably start playing Dark Arisen
Not a direct sequel, but here is what the Director, Hideaki Itsuno, said in an interview with Siliconera:

"Daniel Bueno: Are the worlds of Dragon’s Dogma 1 and 2 linked in any way? And if so, how did creating the narrative for the first game affect that of the sequel?"

"Hideaki Itsuno: In terms of world setting, Dragon’s Dogma 1 and 2 share the same setting. However, they should also be considered different worlds. By which I mean, both stories share common elements like the red Dragon, the Arisen, and the Pawns, but they should be considered parallel world."

So it is essentially a Soft Reboot. The first game's production was halted midway because of time and budget constraints, the game was unfinished compared to the original idea and vision the team had for the IP. Meaning, you don't necessarily need to play the first to get the second, but as they share many elements and story points, the experience would be largely improved by playing DDDA. And it's more often on sale (up to 84% off) than not. Getting the first game for U$5 is basically a steal for a 40+ hour game.

DanEON

Not a direct sequel, but here is what the Director, Hideaki Itsuno, said in an interview with Siliconera:

"Daniel Bueno: Are the worlds of Dragon’s Dogma 1 and 2 linked in any way? And if so, how did creating the narrative for the first game affect that of the sequel?"

"Hideaki Itsuno: In terms of world setting, Dragon’s Dogma 1 and 2 share the same setting. However, they should also be considered different worlds. By which I mean, both stories share common elements like the red Dragon, the Arisen, and the Pawns, but they should be considered parallel world."

So it is essentially a Soft Reboot. The first game's production was halted midway because of time and budget constraints, the game was unfinished compared to the original idea and vision the team had for the IP. Meaning, you don't necessarily need to play the first to get the second, but as they share many elements and story points, the experience would be largely improved by playing DDDA. And it's more often on sale (up to 84% off) than not. Getting the first game for U$5 is basically a steal for a 40+ hour game.
Thanks.
DDDA is one of the many games I have in my library that I never played. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom