• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator - a game by Game Grumps

tve8QXK.jpg

This is really neat and I'm glad they're doing something pretty different from what you'd expect. They're always been good people as far as I can tell.

And while Arin talks lots about dick sucking, he's also spoken many times in episodes both seriously and humorously about his attraction to men, so I wouldn't worry too much about this being some LOL HOMO thing.

Also one of the writers, Vernon Shaw, is good people too and not a piece of horrible shit.

I wanna date rugged dad, but also vampire dad, but also all the other dads.

W-will there be a poly mod for this? I wanna live in a house with 'em all.

The artwork is so nice. I'm a bit iffy on goth dad, but the rest are A+++.

I'm really happy to see more English gay VNs, and this one has a really cute premise. I wonder how steamy these dads are gonna get?

DNAbro

A little bit of what they were going for

Got from Nerdist cause I don't have press release
“At its core is a story about what it means to care for someone else, and I think that’s really important to to anyone who might play this game.” DDaDDS creator (and Hot Pepper Gaming creative director) Vernon Shaw said in a press release. “I hope this game is as meaningful to everyone as it has become to us. What started off as a ridiculous little idea quickly became a way to tell a sincere story without the usual pitfalls of having to take ourselves seriously.”
http://nerdist.com/major-dilf-alert-dream-daddy-is-a-game-about-dating-hot-dads/

Hedge

Chubby ginger Dad is always a win for me. But does Steam release mean you need to be online and logged onto steam to play?

Oh, come on, "Tea Antwoord" works just fine (it only just occurred to me that people might pronounce it like it's a Dying Antwoord, so the Chai pun is weirding me out).
I'm p sure it's pronounced "die" antwoord, referring to the status of their relevancy and impact

These Twitchbait games sure do love cringey advertising copy huh. I guess no one told them that Weird Twitter-style dad jokes stopped being relevant like 5 or more years ago.

Bye Felicia. Let us gays have a game.

This is totally up my alley, I'm close to gay Daddy status and I'm all about this.

Fuck, they should have had Baths do the soundtrack. He is always pimping out his Daddy infatuation through his music and promo. Would have been the perfect match.

Burbeting

Banned
I like all of the dad designs except the middle one. So smug.

Definitely buying this, I trust it to handle the subject tastefully.

Arkeband

Banned
I dunno about "LOL HOMOS" but like 50% of the 'jokes' in Grumps episodes are Arin singing to Dan a song about sucking his dick.

"Here's a list of things
that Brian likes to suck:
Dick dick dick dick
dick dick dick dick
dick dick dick dick
dick dick dick dick
dick dick dick dick
balls."

-NSP, "If We Were Gay"

Top Bottom