• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIV3R is No. 1 in the U.S.

Rhindle

At least according to the new Ebgames weekly sales chart

1. DRIV3R
Publisher: Atari | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Action

2. DRIV3R
Publisher: Atari | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Action

3 Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Publisher: Capcom | Platform: GC | Genre: Action

4 Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Publisher: Capcom | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Action

5 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Publisher: Ubisoft | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Action

6 Full Spectrum Warrior
Publisher: THQ | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Strategy

7 Showdown: Legends of Wrestling
Publisher: Acclaim | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports

8 Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Publisher: Nintendo | Platform: GBA | Genre: Sports

9 Showdown: Legends of Wrestling
Publisher: Acclaim | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Sports

10 The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Publisher: Nintendo | Platform: GC | Genre: Action

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sales_chart_us_console_sales.html

ATARI WIN

Mairu

I am not suprised at this being another Enter The Matrix :/

That'll teach those developers who want enough time to work on their games. RUSH RUSH RUSH!

EDIT: I am suprised to see Mega Man for GC above PS2, but then again it is just one week at ebgames.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
H. L. Mencken

Alcibiades

Rhindle said:

I was going to make a thread predicting that the GCN version would outsell the PS2 version (EVEN after the complaints)...

I wonder if this will hold in the mainstream stores, considering shelf space is smaller for GCN games, but this looks like something the GCN audience would jump for (like Harvest Moon, Billy Hatcher, and other such Japanese offerings)

Too bad, I wanted MMAC to completely bomb so that Shit Developer #3729 (aka Atomic Wave) got the message that their hacked up versions suck ass.

Alcibiades

Error Macro said:
Too bad, I wanted MMAC to completely bomb so that Shit Developer #3729 (aka Atomic Wave) got the message that their hacked up versions suck ass.

this was gonna be mine on day one, but now I'm holding out for an Action Replay code or something...

Deg

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
haterz = 0wned!

I'm buying 10 copies of this game.

thumbs up!

Error Macro said:

bad day eh?

Soul4ger

Error Macro said:

It's actually Atomic Planet...

belgurdo

Banned
satan.jpg

Excellent work, Atari. Now you know the deal: Toss your souls in the bag and step away.

Soul4ger

Tabris said:
Which is the better version of the Megaman Collection?

I've actually talked with several people who are unbelievably happy with the GC version of MMAC, despite the lack of remixed tunes and control gaffs. However, this forum acknowledges the PS2 one as the better.

kiryogi

Banned
Mainly due to the fact that it doesn't have an odd control theme and it has the remixed music. I'm content with my GC ver tho.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Zelda collection + Sonic collection + Megaman collection = I love my cube. :)

And I'd like to second the statement apologizing for our country's taste in games.

At least MMAC is selling

Alcibiades

so why is isn't there a code to make a-jump and b-shoot in the GCN version with one of those cheating devices...

http://us.codejunkies.com/home.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1

http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show.asp?rf=&c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&g=7340737&p=7

can you guys with accounts (they're free, I just got one days ago, but in order to post in forums you need to use a school/business/ISP e-mail account) please request it here so they can see there is a demand for this fix...

this is the specific thread where you request:

http://us.codejunkies.com/forums/forum_topic_show.asp?mp_topic_id=456&mp_page_num=32

I'd totally pay the money for one of these devices if it meant fixing the controls...

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Rhindle said:

Yes, MMAC is quite popular. In all the EBs in my area, they've pretty much sold out of both versions.

Just to give you an idea on its popularity, I was able to get in some restock numbers: For our EB district area, they have about 3,000 units of the PS2 version on backorder. The GC version has about 9,000 on backorder. I was told they won't arrive until the first week of July.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
My god, you mean a heavily-advertised game beat a non-advertised game with no other competition? Damn stupid consumers!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Soul4ger said:
I've actually talked with several people who are unbelievably happy with the GC version of MMAC, despite the lack of remixed tunes and control gaffs. However, this forum acknowledges the PS2 one as the better.

I've played them both. And while I chose the PS2 version, as I wanted the remix soundtrack option (which to be honest, is getting annoying, as in MM1-3, there are sound problems with the sound effects being far too low or sounding "hollow"), the bottom line is that it's basically the same on both platforms; it really boils down to whether or not the changing of TWO buttons (as in, it's not a big deal) bothers you enough on the GC version or not. The PS2 version is definitely the one to get if you have the choice, though.

There goes my faith in casuals with having even a glimmer of intelligence. I mean, how can a person only use ads to make a basis on whether something is worthy, especially when i'ts an advertisments job to sell, not provide info. This goes for movies, not just games.

Vargas

Well, the gamefaqs message boards for MMAC has 48 pages of topics for GC, only 30 for PS2.

GC boards usually have more posts. Those are usually the boards where most people are complaining. Even the GC board at IGN has more topics and messages than the PS2 board, it doesn't mean that the GC is more popular though.

FightyF

Banned
If EA's NHL games can outsell SEGA's...then this shouldn't be any surprise.

I just saw the ad for this game...and it made the game look really good. It made me forget about all the negative hype, and I'm so inclined to rent it. :/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wouldn't it be ironic if Atari turned the market off videogames a *second* time with their worthless crap?

Stele

Holds a little red book
efralope said:
I was going to make a thread predicting that the GCN version would outsell the PS2 version (EVEN after the complaints)...
You should now understand the internet community has nearly zero impact on reality.

AniHawk said:
I would like to apologize for my country's bad taste in games.

America's on my list of "country's ass I'd like to kick." At least Mega Man Ann Col made it in the top five and Zelda in the top 10. Not bad, but fucking Driv3r is inexcusable.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
JC10001 said:
Div3r = this years Enter the Matrix folks

What's funny is that my co-worker still can't figure out why people are trashing this game so much. I just watched him play for about five minutes today, and it was all pretty evident to me. ;)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
evilromero said:
America's on my list of "country's ass I'd like to kick." At least Mega Man Ann Col made it in the top five and Zelda in the top 10. Not bad, but fucking Driv3r is inexcusable.

I guess you want to kick the asses of all territories that DRIV3R was released in eh?

Pachinko

See these sales are misleading becuase they don't factor in the 90 out of every 100 copies that'll come back in the next month for use as trade ins. It's still good PR though.

MoxManiac

Glad to see MMAC selling well.

But then I bought the PS2 versions so I have little to no complaints about the job Atomic Planet did.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I BLAME ALL OF YOU!

I picked up the GC version of MMAC mainly because I preferred the controller and had absolutely no trouble adapting to the reversed control scheme. It took me all of two minutes to get it down perfectly and I still handle the game expertly. I might eventually pick up the PS2 version for the music but the slight delay and black borders (I noticed it whilst at EB) didn't agree with me. Along with the music butchery of MM 1-3 and the terrible video the GC was the better choice. I'm extremely happy with the GC version, no problems whatsoever.

gofreak said:
Wouldn't it be ironic if Atari turned the market off videogames a *second* time with their worthless crap?

The problem is the original Atari ruled the arcade scene. I know in MAME, Atari is my favorite developer. The Atari 2600 was a completely different matter.

This Atari is really INFOGRAMS and it really pains me to see them piss all over that name. So they bought the Atari name for pennies (along with a catalog of their games). They're not the real Atari and its sacralidge for a crappy French company that has ALWAYS sucked to switch to the Atari label to confuse customers into thinking an old legend has returned.

evilromero said:

Well, you'll have to add the UK and probably the rest of Europe as well and Canada.

Face it, casuals eventually own the market in any country.

Top Bottom