• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
What do you think the title of the game is?

15225830118_dc3d92f242_o.png

Oh, man I want one of those logo stickers so bad. :(

So you can setup a race that is raining the whole time right now?
No. Every race is dry, but you can adjust cloud coverage to give you different conditions - but no precipitation.

What they are adding in a path shortly after launch is rain and snow to your available options.

shandy706

Oh, I've heard very positive stuff, just not quite as good as the first game. Jeff Gerstmann is one that's been saying that, for example.

Anyway, yeah I should, but like I said both of those combine are a lot of my data cap. :/

Screw the data cap, download them both!

Ploid 3.0

Hmmm...okay, but, usually, a style guide statement is meant only for official marketing materials. OT isn't official that I know of. Anyway, just wondering why the weird decision. Looking forward to the PS+ edition.

When people found that "Always bold" thing it was used as a joke often, somewhat like #concern, or corridor racer.

Always bold huh Evolution? hahhah.

#DRIVECLUB hahaha. More hash tags Evolution.

It's a bit of history with the game's long wait. Driveclub threads were always heated and people interested in the game started using the ammo used against the game as memes for the game in a entertaining way (took ownership of them). Corridor Racer being one of the latest is kind of looked at as a joke used by people anticipating DC in a tongue in cheek way.

All of that technical/graphics/audio information in the OT is so crazy. Love reading that stuff. Definitely going to try the PS+ version and see what I think.

viveks86

Watch this video!!!11

It's structured so that you're always kicking @ss!!

Get it if you liked Pacific Rift.

It's tear assing down tracks at breakneck speeds only classier and with a lot more competition.

Oh Nice! So how many ghosts can you chase at a time? Does it adaptively show whoever is ahead?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Any idea if a save from the plus demo will carry over any progress to disc version? If not I'll wait for gamefly and not bother with the demo.

Watch this video!!!11

It's structured so that you're always kicking @ss!!

Get it if you liked Pacific Rift.

It's tear assing down tracks at breakneck speeds only classier and with a lot more competition.
So who are the ghosts? You mentioned about replayability immediately after finishing an event, are they like some guys closest to your own time, and if you improved and beat them you can instantly replay and there'd be some new chumps to trump?

23qwerty

Is that a joke? It's a horribly misinformed preview. He even tells everyone that Sony are redeeming themselves by releasing the game for free. Saying why pay 60 bucks when you can have it for free and that he doesn't even like 'car racing games'.

oh boy since i preordered the ps4 i get driveclub for free? :D

viveks86

So who are the ghosts? You mentioned about replayability immediately after finishing an event, are they like some guys closest to your own time, and if you improved and beat them you can instantly replay and there'd be some new chumps to trump?

Looks like it. I had an awesome time chasing ghosts on Trials.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Oh Nice! So how many ghosts can you chase at a time? Does it adaptively show whoever is ahead?

Yeah, so if you're close to the top dog in the leaderboards it displays it, in this case fucking Danny_RT, but it also displays who is directly ahead of you, so you can inch your way towards the top spot.

I couldn't beat the guy directly in 11th place (I'm currently 12th) but as you can see by the end of the video I had close to 15k Fame Points just by doing proper cornering and maintaining overall higher speeds, clean sectors etc...

Exactly

Corridor racer, pah. Beetle Adventure Racing back on the N64 had more routes, and that was literally 15 years ago!

(I'm genuinely tempted to grab a PS4 mainly for this [and the well over a dozen PS4 games I have thanks to the power of the Plus, but mainly Driveclub], but alas I don't have four hundred quid on me. Or a television with HDMI input, for that matter)

(Also, bring back Beetle Adventure Racing)

Not a fan of racing games or cars at all but watching the latest videos got me hyped to the max!

Certainly and purely jaw-dropping!

Question! Is there any news or way to only purchase certain cars/tracks that you like or will you have to buy the whole package deal? Talking about PS+ edition ofcourse.

As I'm not into that much into racing/cars and there are only a handful of cars that I'd like to try...

viveks86

Yeah, so if you're close to the top dog in the leaderboards it displays it, in this case fucking Danny_RT, but it also displays who is directly ahead of you, so you can inch your way towards the top spot.

I couldn't beat the guy directly in 11th place (I'm currently 12th) but as you can see by the end of the video I had close to 15k Fame Points just by doing proper cornering and maintaining overall higher speeds, clean sectors etc...

Exactly

Love it! I wasn't looking forward to time trials as much until I saw your video. It's as good as a multiplayer race, without the crashing. That shit is async leader boards chasing on crack. I lost count of the number of times I replayed tracks on Trials Fusion just so I can race head to head with ghosts of people I really wanted to beat while they are sleeping halfway across the planet. Also helps you get better since you start paying attention to the racing lines/techniques the person ahead of you uses.

Gestault

If reactions here by non racing fans are any indication, we're going to see a serious influx of new players as this game releases, and that's fantastic.

MJLord

Gonna play the PS+ version on release with a massive view to buying. Hope this model takes off for more 1st party titles.

HabeeNo

Such a beautiful and well done OP, great job!

Will be checking the PS+ version first, then make my decision on whether pick it up or not :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom