• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

What is this level 12 objectives in the end?

Yday night I took the lead on the new drift contest (first I won by only 8 points, then tried again and got a 200+ lead if Im not mistaken.

In the time trial though... 2 secs behind lol

Time Trial was a swizz DHC, where's that Lykan?

Denur

Well done on the challenge guys! I gave the drift challenge a few go's, but couldn't get passed the very first corner, spinning out immediately each time. Gave up after 10 tries. :(

Ainsz

Well done to Pdogg for that mental score. Typical Sirenty came back in the last few hours, as did I. It got pretty heated. No TT challenge this week?

Time Trial was a swizz DHC, where's that Lykan?

Git ;-) I did actually consider using it then decided to use the Jaguar F type.... only to discover it isn't in DCVR after setting the bloody times on DC!

Well done on the challenge guys! I gave the drift challenge a few go's, but couldn't get passed the very first corner, spinning out immediately each time. Gave up after 10 tries. :(

Yeah the car was a tricky git and I'm not really keen on those drift courses where it feels like you head off in the wrong direction to maximise your score - this week's is pretty much 3 hairpins.

Well done to Pdogg for that mental score. Typical Sirenty came back in the last few hours, as did I. It got pretty heated. No TT challenge this week?

I'll send it to you when I get on, not sure what happened there - your account OK?

Git ;-) I did actually consider using it then decided to use the Jaguar F type.... only to discover it isn't in DCVR after setting the bloody times on DC!

Yeah the car was a tricky git and I'm not really keen on those drift courses where it feels like you head off in the wrong direction to maximise your score - this week's is pretty much 3 hairpins.

I'll send it to you when I get on, not sure what happened there - your account OK?

I don't have the TT either well not on normal DC

Midpoint_Ch3_Wk2.png

Midpoint_Standings_ch3wk2.png

Bloody hell I'm actually leading the time trial! And PDogg isn't winning the drift! And the 2 VR players in the top 3 on the time trial!

I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly but I'm just enjoying the moment ;-)

Bloody hell I'm actually leading the time trial! And PDogg isn't winning the drift! And the 2 VR players in the top 3 on the time trial!

I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly but I'm just enjoying the moment ;-)

I best get trying harder! Will give it a go tonight although out for a charity curry night tonight and then Friday I will be preparing for my joint 40th party on Saturday. Maybe Sunday I can put in some good times with a hangover!

Denur

At the moment my old PS4 is transferring its data to the new PS4 Pro. I'll be doing the time trial on VR within some 30 minutes. Let's see for how long you can keep that top spot. :D

Edit: got to within 2 tenths. That's a pretty good time you set there Shannow!

The PS4 Pro does give a somewhat sharper image, but don't expect too much. The blurriness has gone, but there is still quite a bit of aliasing. Hopefully Sony is willing to spend a few man weeks on an update and utilize some more of that Pro power.

Edit 2: On the Norway track (a Maserati challenge) the improvement is much more obvious.

At the moment my old PS4 is transferring its data to the new PS4 Pro. I'll be doing the time trial on VR within some 30 minutes. Let's see for how long you can keep that top spot. :D

Edit: got to within 2 tenths. That's a pretty good time you set there Shannow!

The PS4 Pro does give a somewhat sharper image, but don't expect too much. The blurriness has gone, but there is still quite a bit of aliasing. Hopefully Sony is willing to spend a few man weeks on an update and utilize some more of that Pro power.

Edit 2: On the Norway track (a Maserati challenge) the improvement is much more obvious.

Cheers :) Nice to hear some impressions, I was expecting to have a patch to download tonight but I guess the pro improvements were included in the last one. Rushy did say they haven't used all the pro's power, I guess they just couldn't justify the expense to really delve deep into what's possible :-( So how's the Norway track better? And did you manage to claw back your lead on there! ;-)

I best get trying harder! Will give it a go tonight although out for a charity curry night tonight and then Friday I will be preparing for my joint 40th party on Saturday. Maybe Sunday I can put in some good times with a hangover!

I usually drive better in the game after a couple of beers before it all goes to pot, don't think that applies to hangovers tho :) Happy 40th BTW, I've got 3 years on you :-(
Denur and AnythingBut are proper old tho!:)

Denur

So how's the Norway track better? And did you manage to claw back your lead on there! ;-)
I can tell that the Norway track is better, because I can now properly see all corners, no more haze. But the IQ is still lacking due to both aliasing and screen door effect, it's certainly not as good as shown in the videos.
No, wasn't able to take the lead.
Sometimes one has to let the young ones believe that they have a chance. ;)

I just hopped on the PS4 Pro train. It should be arriving early next week.

Lucky bugger, not tempted by psvr tho?

I can tell that the Norway track is better, because I can now properly see all corners, no more haze. But the IQ is still lacking due to both aliasing and screen door effect, it's certainly not as good as shown in the videos.
No, wasn't able to take the lead.
Sometimes one has to let the young ones believe that they have a chance. ;)

It's a real shame they didn't manage to do more as the vr improvements are what is compelling a lot of us to go for the pro. Maybe it is just a limitation of the headset resolution that's causing the issue, as you are just staring into the distance most of the time...

cooldawn

I just tried the city circuits and by gosh India and Japan are so, so good. Hardcore mode a Bentley Continental GT Speed and feel the weight just caress each corner.

Mesmerising.

Man, I love this game.

ty_hot

There will be a double xp event on the next days. Gonna play a lot to get some accolades and get closer to the platinum.

I just tried the city circuits and by gosh India and Japan are so, so good. Hardcore mode a Bentley Continental GT Speed and feel the weight just caress each corner.

Mesmerising.

Man, I love this game.

Hardcore, that barge on little streets?!? Are you some kind of masochist? ;-)

cooldawn

Hardcore, that barge on little streets?!? Are you some kind of masochist? ;-)
That thing is probably my favourite ride in the whole game. Sure, it's a big old Bentley but making it flip-switch around India at full-pelt is...amazing. It's one of the most sublime feelings I've had in a racing game for some time.

I don't think it would feel like this outside of Hardcore mode, though. I think the pure challenge is half the buzz and the rest is just that massive smile on my face when I've completely nailed it.

Jesus christ it's good.

EDIT: I wish I was a recorder because you need to see it to appreciate it, I guess.

That thing is probably my favourite ride in the whole game. Sure, it's a big old Bentley but making it flip-switch around India at full-pelt is...amazing. It's one of the most sublime feelings I've had in a racing game for some time.

I don't think it would feel like this outside of Hardcore mode, though. I think the pure challenge is half the buzz and the rest is just that massive smile on my face when I've completely nailed it.

Jesus christ it's good.

EDIT: I wish I was a recorder because you need to see it to appreciate it, I guess.

Yep you need to do a video, maybe even set it as a challenge though there's nothing to stop people doing it in noral rather than hardcore

BTW is anyone else getting repeatedly sent to the frigging app store for the Uber whilst browsing gaf? It's well annoying. And it caused this double post, git!

Edit: A little story from online last night. I'm in a public with 1 other player who starts talking to me (the headset has a mic on it so you get more talkers in DCVR) - he seems OK, asking me whether I played DC etc and apologised when he rear ended me at the end if the straight. He asks me to stay in the lobby as his team mates are joining and assures me we'll have a lot of fun (?)... Anyway his team mates turn up and the next race is performance on Autodromo. I pick the Caterham (speed 7?) and see they've gone for Bentley 's... The race starts and the first Bentley deliberatly mashes me into the wall on the start straight. Twice more when I passed they did this until eventually I got clear. Yep this teams idea of fun is to drive like a twat and verbally abuse other people on the chat. Arses. Servers aren't that busy on DCVR at the moment unfortunately so I did run into them again later in the night but picked a more suitable car and fortunately started at the front so left them behind without any hassle.

The word is that GT Sport is going to have a proper penalty system to ensure bad driving is punished, I hope they get it right.

Anyway here is a video from another night of a short 3 lap race on Iquique - great little battle where I really struggle to find a clean way past.

https://youtu.be/5N7Oi5h5lrw

cooldawn

BTW is anyone else getting repeatedly sent to the frigging app store for the Uber whilst browsing gaf? It's well annoying. And it caused this double post, git!

Edit: A little story from online last night. I'm in a public with 1 other player who starts talking to me (the headset has a mic on it so you get more talkers in DCVR) - he seems OK, asking me whether I played DC etc and apologised when he rear ended me at the end if the straight. He asks me to stay in the lobby as his team mates are joining and assures me we'll have a lot of fun (?)... Anyway his team mates turn up and the next race is performance on Autodromo. I pick the Caterham (speed 7?) and see they've gone for Bentley 's... The race starts and the first Bentley deliberatly mashes me into the wall on the start straight. Twice more when I passed they did this until eventually I got clear. Yep this teams idea of fun is to drive like a twat and verbally abuse other people on the chat. Arses. Servers aren't that busy on DCVR at the moment unfortunately so I did run into them again later in the night but picked a more suitable car and fortunately started at the front so left them behind without any hassle.

The word is that GT Sport is going to have a proper penalty system to ensure bad driving is punished, I hope they get it right.

Anyway here is a video from another night of a short 3 lap race on Iquique - great little battle where I really struggle to find a clean way past.

https://youtu.be/5N7Oi5h5lrw
Oh wow...the VR replay on that track is ace. I love the view when you're going around the hairpin and the opposing player dips in and out of view. That's really impressive. Good racing.

I also enjoyed that circuit in the Bentley.

By the way...sad to hear those assholes give Bentley drivers a bad name. I'm a competitive and fair player and it is hard to get a race with like-mind people.

Oh wow...the VR replay on that track is ace. I love the view when you're going around the hairpin and the opposing player dips in and out of view. That's really impressive. Good racing.

I also enjoyed that circuit in the Bentley.

By the way...sad to hear those assholes give Bentley drivers a bad name. I'm a competitive and fair player and it is hard to get a race with like-mind people.

Yep when someone picks the Bentley I fear the worst! I like how the VR replays kind of tell more of a tale about what's going on and what I'm thinking, you can see me check the on-board computer after I cock up the hairpin to see how many laps there are for example :)

Just a reminder to those doing the weekly challenge competition that it finishes tonight around 10pm UK so don't leave it too late if you want to improve on your score.

Another strong week for Ainzs has put him clear at the top. Sirenty is Mr reliable and is always in the too 4 but a lack of wins is hurting his score. And PDogg yet again proves his Drift dominance but the time trials are proving more tricky for him. Abandoned Trolley hangs onto 4th place despite a less stellar week for him and I'm the highest VR scorer in 5th. VR players scored strongly in the time trial this week (with jbrookes scoring a VR high of 2nd place) which could be down to more experience on that track...

Week_2_Leaderboard.png

Week_2_Standings.png

And so this week we're Mammoth Wrestling, sorry driving the Bentley GT around Gujo in a couple of cooldawn inspired challenge's. As usual if you haven't received the challenges just gimme a shout, I was in a bit of a hurry sending them out so I'll probably have missed someone...

PDogg

Neo Member
Nice work Shannow and everyone else who took part. I only did 1 lap in the TT, I just don't have time for both disciplines and I much prefer drifting.

Awesome score this week Sirenty, at one point I didn't think I'd beat it, took a fair while trying :)

Sirenty

Nicky Hayden won the 2006 championship by consistently getting podiums, not wins. That is my inspiration...

Actually, I was playing IB in Destiny all weekend instead of checking up on DC. Damn you Ainsz and PDogg. *shakes fist* :p

cooldawn

And so this week we're Mammoth Wrestling, sorry driving the Bentley GT around Gujo in a couple of cooldawn inspired challenge's. As usual if you haven't received the challenges just gimme a shout, I was in a bit of a hurry sending them out so I'll probably have missed someone...
Oh wow. Mammouth Wrestling ha, ha.

I'll give it a shot later for the laughs.

Ainsz

Gotta agree, taking that cathedral on wheels round Gujo is a pretty tasking, edge of your seat thrill. Especially in the drift challenge, the way the car's weight shifts is pretty jarring compared to other, proper cars.

The TT challenge is a pretty compelling one. The margin for error is very slim and despite feeling like I was pushing the Bentley to the edge, there's a lot of room for improvement.

F-Pina

Hey guys. Thanks DHC_Shannow for letting me in :p
Cool challenges, my first tries are done and I would say I am still scratching my head on how to go about the Drift Challenge. The Time Trial is doable and I can still improve so expect me to fight for that one :)

cooldawn

I've already done three of them in my Bentley when I tried them out for the first time but which version of Gujo is it and is it Forward or Reverse?

EDIT: And which Bentley (the one I refer to above is the GT Speed but are you using the GT V8)?

Oh wow. Mammouth Wrestling ha, ha.

I'll give it a shot later for the laughs.

Cool :) You'll need to send me a friend request as it's a invite only challenge

I've already done three of them in my Bentley when I tried them out for the first time but which version of Gujo is it and is it Forward or Reverse?

EDIT: And which Bentley (the one I refer to above is the GT Speed but are you using the GT V8)?

It's Gujo 1 for the drift and 1 R for the time trial in the continental :)

Gotta agree, taking that cathedral on wheels round Gujo is a pretty tasking, edge of your seat thrill. Especially in the drift challenge, the way the car's weight shifts is pretty jarring compared to other, proper cars.

The TT challenge is a pretty compelling one. The margin for error is very slim and despite feeling like I was pushing the Bentley to the edge, there's a lot of room for improvement.

Yeah I felt the same about my runs, defo seems quicker if you use correct technique (brake in a straight line, turn and get on the power) where more agile cars you can get away with a lot more :)

Hey guys. Thanks DHC_Shannow for letting me in :p
Cool challenges, my first tries are done and I would say I am still scratching my head on how to go about the Drift Challenge. The Time Trial is doable and I can still improve so expect me to fight for that one :)

No probs :) Good to see a new name on that leaderboard giving Ainsz and Sirenty something to worry about :)

farmerboy

Sorry for the no show but I've been under the pump proper. :-(

Will try and post a time this week. Not that my times trouble anyone. ;-)

The little time I've had has been occupied by Destiny and rooting around with the pro. On that note;

DC PRO PATCH SONY. FFS.

cooldawn

It's Gujo 1 for the drift and 1 R for the time trial in the continental :)
Damn...now I know what 'continental' and ':)' means. You were probably in hysterics when you saw my time!

Obviously I've got no chance on Hardcore to match you guys but still, I shaved off about 2.5 seconds from my original time. Now I'm at 1:06.109.

I can't believe how much grip you guys have. It's depressing : (

Sirenty

Did both in hardcore. Drift was fun and got in first. I forgot the insane penalty for touching walls in hardcore though. Had to switch back.

Sorry for the no show but I've been under the pump proper. :-(

Will try and post a time this week. Not that my times trouble anyone. ;-)

The little time I've had has been occupied by Destiny and rooting around with the pro. On that note;

DC PRO PATCH SONY. FFS.

Good to see you back bud :) Damn I'm jealous of you people with Pro's!

Damn...now I know what 'continental' and ':)' means. You were probably in hysterics when you saw my time!

Obviously I've got no chance on Hardcore to match you guys but still, I shaved off about 2.5 seconds from my original time. Now I'm at 1:06.109.

I can't believe how much grip you guys have. It's depressing : (

Not feeling tempted to turn off the hardcore mode and show us what you can do? You need to let me know your psn bud so I can invite you onto the challenge...

Are we doing this challenge hardcore? That would be cool.
Did both in hardcore. Drift was fun and got in first. I forgot the insane penalty for touching walls in hardcore though. Had to switch back.

Hmm impressive! So do you think hardcore mode actually helped with drifting?

cooldawn

Oh definitely. The back-end feels more playful.

Not feeling tempted to turn off the hardcore mode and show us what you can do? You need to let me know your psn bud so I can invite you onto the challenge...
Sorry, I can't go back to normal mode. I feel to disconnected in normal mode.

Hardcore is a game-changer for me. What I liked I now love.

Good to see you back bud :) Damn I'm jealous of you people with Pro's!

I didn't think we could change the hardcore on/off within a challenge, I thought everyone had the same setup.

I can't say I've ever tried but Sirenty said...

And he's top of the drift leaderboard...

Yeah which doesn't make sense as if I pause the game the hardcore option is greyed out and turned off.

Damn a new league? Is this mostly bikes like the last one?

ps3ud0 8)

Just cars as it also pits the VR against Vanilla, same course and track different screens. I have to say though that I do find VR cars to be a little looser than vanilla and I'm not sure if that's just in my head.

Damn a new league? Is this mostly bikes like the last one?

ps3ud0 8)

No bikes or adverse weather in this one as it's including DCVR - it's a shorter competition too, a 5 week run this time (as my spreadsheet only covers 10 events and we're doing 2 per week). I think doing both timed and drift events the same week is working well as you've always got an event type you do like to have a crack at.

Yeah which doesn't make sense as if I pause the game the hardcore option is greyed out and turned off.

Just cars as it also pits the VR against Vanilla, same course and track different screens. I have to say though that I do find VR cars to be a little looser than vanilla and I'm not sure if that's just in my head.

Oh right, we'll need an explanation from Sirenty then!

Yeah VR does feel different but I find reading the track a bit easier in it. Gujo has some noticeable differences between the two versions, no ice cream cones on the track or zebra crossings for instance in VR, which was a pain as I was using that crossing as a braking point!

Top Bottom