• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

"noobs" Shannow riding high on the VR dominance xD

Lol yeah well when you get put into races where there's only of couple of other people in there and you're pulling away from them by 10 seconds per lap it does go to your head a bit! It was great last night when there were some other fast guys on there that weren't dirty buggers :) I can honestly say I haven't met the Kie or DJW equivalent on DCVR yet whose head and shoulders above me at racing (damn that sounds like I'm getting a big head!)

Also, holy shit I definitely believe the new tracks were released in an unfinished state. The first hairpin on this weeks challenge has a really nasty bug if your ride the apex the game will not only give you a corner penalty but will also decide your going the wrong way and teleport you back. Oh man I was getting pissed off. Shame there's no Evolution to shout at.

Yeah it is present in the VR version too but the corner penalty seemed to happen further away from the apex in normal DC - That said no one has matched DavidRicks time yet in there (1 tenth behind). I guess it's missed QC as most cars don't turn as damp tight as the twinrun so the issue isn't replicated that easily.

It's a nice handling car just a bit...slow compared to the competition! I think it was lKizzle who was talking about how much of a power deficit it had to the other hypers and it would've been brilliant in the super class but I guess they've got to draw the cutoff point somewhere and it depends which side of the line it is whether its brilliant or bad - unfortunately for the Enzo it was on the wrong side of the line.

This makes the Enzo fun to use against the AI in legendary setting. You have to work a little to finish first. Also.....DCVR is my favorite game ever. Just saying. VR changes everything!

This makes the Enzo fun to use against the AI in legendary setting. You have to work a little to finish first. Also.....DCVR is my favorite game ever. Just saying. VR changes everything!

I'll give that a go :) And I'm with you bud, Ive got lots of games but feel like I'm wasting valuable DCVR time when I play anything else!

Yeah dumb car choice shannow! :p I'll persevere with the TT seems hard to get the power down.

A tip for you is to try to keep the throttle on slightly, even while braking. It seems to help reduce oversteer ;-)

He was doing really well, but Shannow should be banned from picking challenges again...

:p

Complaints about my challenges?!? It's just like the old days :)

BTW the current record for the challenge in DCVR is 38.1 so you 2D boys have some work to do!

Dam that last corner in the TT, I just can't get consistent sector time over the bump. I'm really surprised that I'm faster in VR, is the handling/physics the same for DC / DCVR?

Dam that last corner in the TT, I just can't get consistent sector time over the bump. I'm really surprised that I'm faster in VR, is the handling/physics the same for DC / DCVR?

Yes, it is my understanding it is the same. But VR made me a better driver. It is just so natural. I see better driving lines then in 2D. Thinking about buying a steering wheel to enhance the experience.

Yes, it is my understanding it is the same. But VR made me a better driver. It is just so natural. I see better driving lines then in 2D. Thinking about buying a steering wheel to enhance the experience.

I've not actually hooked up my G29 since getting VR I guess I should do. If you're in the UK then Currys have the G29 and shifter for £129 at the moment in store, or did at least at the weekend, website seems to be higher now.

Just the usual reminder that the challenge expires tonight around 10.30pm so get your final times in before then. Normally I give an update on the standings at this point but I've been mad busy over the weekend and didn't get chance to do any screenshots of the tables - just do the best you can, I know the VR top 3 records were 38.1, 38.4 and 38.6 so that'll give you some idea if where you're placed if your in OG DC.

Great to see TechnicMOC killing it in the drift and my old challenge sparring partner Vaga leading the time trial (in 2D anyway) - let's see if the usual suspects in Sirenty, Ainsz, PDogg and Trolley can knock them off their perch on the run in :)

Just the usual reminder that the challenge expires tonight around 10.30pm so get your final times in before then. Normally I give am update on the standings at this point but I've been mad busy over the weekend and didn't get chance to do any screenshots of the tables - just do the best you can, I know the VR top 3 records were 38.1, 38.4 and 38.6 so that'll give you some idea if where you're placed if your in OG DC.

Great to see TechnicMOC killing it in the drift and my old challenge sparring partner Vaga leading the time trial - let's see if the usual suspects in Sirenty, Ainsz, PDogg and Trolley can knock them off their perch on the run in :)

I picked up some places in the TT at the weekend so will dedicate some time to the drift again. Although Merseyside derby tonight so might be watching that instead at the pub.

I picked up some places in the TT at the weekend so will dedicate some time to the drift again. Although Merseyside derby tonight so might be watching that instead at the pub.

Drifting isn't my thing*, and it feels like there are load more points to be had especially as I put a few hundred on you in the long left hander and was down elsewhere just a question of hooking all 4 up.

First time using hardcore mode; normally fight to get gold star and move on.

Drifting isn't my thing*, and it feels like there are load more points to be had especially as I put a few hundred on you in the long left hander and was down elsewhere just a question of hooking all 4 up.

First time using hardcore mode; normally fight to get gold star and move on.

I got top score with a final two part drift in final section. If that's frowned upon I do have a recording of a cleaner run getting a first place score too.

As it was Sirenty that got second, screw him the score stands :p

Already taken a look at the new challenges, seems a lot of points are going begging in the drift if you don't get that first drift right as it pretty much sets up the whole run.

Week 2 Finishing Positions
Week2_Results.png

Individual Events Standings
Week2_Individual_Leaderboard.png

Combined Standings
Week2_Standings.png

Sirenty storms through at the end again to take 1st in the time trial and 2nd in the drift. Great work from Abandoned Trolley secured the drift win whilst a great run by ShockNinja looked like it was going to take the time trial until Sirenty nipped ahead at the end. I'm not sure what happened to Ainsz this week but a low position in the time trial and no score in the drift has meant Sirenty has taken a big lead in the combined standings, but the individual events are much tighter.

The new challenges have been issued, I believe you'll like this one ;-) This one is set to run for two weeks as it's over Christmas and finishes at the slightly earlier time of 10pm.

farmerboy

Its gonna get pretty busy for me over the next couple of weeks so I'd like to take the chance now to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and fantastic New Year. Hope you all have a lot of fun.

Sadly I haven't been able to participate :-( but I've still kept an eye on proceedings. And not to take away anything from the racing but my take so far is that shaolin_schlong may well be one of the better names on psn. Gives me a chuckle every time I see it on your spreadsheet shannow.

Cheers.👍

farmerboy

36°c here Christmas day. Or 97°f for you Yanks out there.😳 So definitely no snow!

But thanks for the warm wishes!
pun intended

F-Pina

Hey guys.
Wish I could have competed in the last event and this one. But work and family calls.
Happy hollidays to everyone and see you on the track back in January :)

I need to find another PS4 racing game to play online, the community blows in this game. They might as well be playing Burnout.

Talking about standard Driveclub I guess? VR is a bit better as they tend to be older and have 4 fewer cars per race helps too. Try to find some clean racing mates to drive with, it reduces the knobhead ratio if nothing else! I've had some of my best ever racing experiences in Driveclub, it's such a shame that the dirty twats drag the game down.

Afrikan

is the servers down for anyone else? I just tried to randomly play this right now after haven't not played in so long...

I'm wondering if I need to restart/redownload or something.

edit- never mind it's back.

Nice work! That 2nd drift zone I'm finding it really hard to score 1k+ points.. This vid might have just helped :D

@Afrikan - yep servers were down last night

Haha consider it an early Christmas present. I'm not expecting to stay top for the while period but gives me some breathing space for a while.

I was fortunate enough to get a PS4 Pro for Christmas however when I've managed to squeeze in some DCVR time I've hit a few issues - I've had intermittent connection drops (DC is actually less affected by this than other games), social screen going black and not coming back on, cars appearing in the race that weren't in the lobby or the final score table and the screen appearing off centre that holding options down won't correct... Have any of you other Pro owners experienced any of this? I had none of this on my old PS4 :-(

I was fortunate enough to get a PS4 Pro for Christmas however when I've managed to squeeze in some DCVR time I've hit a few issues - I've had intermittent connection drops (DC is actually less affected by this than other games), social screen going black and not coming back on, cars appearing in the race that weren't in the lobby or the final score table and the screen appearing off centre that holding options down won't correct... Have any of you other Pro owners experienced any of this? I had none of this on my old PS4 :-(

Well certainly the blacking out is a known issue. Sometimes a solution is to power down, long hold the power button and choose HDCP 1.4 in the options if it's not already selected. Also turning off HDCP altogether in the menus stops it a bit as well.

Cars entering races not in the lobby I would say are game specific not machine.

OK. So this is where the DCVR discussions are going down.

Anyone up for a race?

I've been playing on a pro the last few days and don't notice any differences. If my screen ever drifts it's usually some kind of light bloom in the room (I have a big window to my right). Has your environment changed any?

Edit: I'm sitting in a room with you right now :p

OK. So this is where the DCVR discussions are going down.

Anyone up for a race?

I've been playing on a pro the last few days and don't notice any differences. If my screen ever drifts it's usually some kind of light bloom in the room (I have a big window to my right). Has your environment changed any?

Edit: I'm sitting in a room with you right now :p

Lol which one were you? Nothing has changed in my setup conditions apart from the ps4 pro - it worked perfectly tonight however so hopefully it was just a one off.

Well certainly the blacking out is a known issue. Sometimes a solution is to power down, long hold the power button and choose HDCP 1.4 in the options if it's not already selected. Also turning off HDCP altogether in the menus stops it a bit as well.

Cars entering races not in the lobby I would say are game specific not machine.

I used to get the blackouts now and then with my old ps4 too come to think of it, they were few and far between tho. And I used to have certain players I could never see online on GT5 but not seen it on DC before.

I hope you're all recovered from last nights festivities as time is running out on the current weekly challenge and you'll need to be on top form!

Currently the 1st, 2nd and 3rd spot for both challenges is Ainsz, Motorised Mallard then Sirenty - Ainsz is clearly looking to get back into it with a bang after his poor showing on the previous challenge, but can anyone else step up to take the big points? You have until approximately 10pm tomorrow night...

F-Pina

Just got back from vacations.
Too much work to get home in time to get into this challenge :(
Will at least try to get in there and do a lap or 2 to score some measly points.

Week 3 Results

Screenshot_2017_01_03_07_30_31.png

Individual Event

Screenshot_2017_01_03_07_31_36.png

Overall Standings

Screenshot_2017_01_03_07_32_47.png

So Ainsz, Motorised Mallard and Sirenty held onto their top 3 slots in both events but Mallard raised his game in the drift to claim his first win.

In the individual events Ainsz closed the time trial gap to Sirenty to 6 points whilst Sirenty pulled away from Abandoned Trolley in the Drift but Motorised Mallard overtook Ainsz for 3rd place.

In the overall standings Ainsz narrowed Sirenty's lead to 31 points whilst Motorised Mallard overtook Abandoned Trolley for 3rd place. ShockNinja is the highest placed VR competitor in 5th.

farmerboy

Ahem.....there's 4 guys on one point at the bottom of the leaderboard. Any reason I have to be last?

Should be alphabetical I say.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ahem.....there's 4 guys on one point at the bottom of the leaderboard. Any reason I have to be last?

Should be alphabetical I say.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lol Happy New Year bud :) Yeah its actually in the reverse order of when I've put your name down on the table - as I put you on before the other guys it's put you below them, I'm sure I'll fix that at some point... ;-)

So this week's challenges went out last night around 9.30pm for VR and 10pm for standard. It's the Ariel Atom around Iquique 1 R this time out, I doubt anyone is gonna use hardcore mode for this drift! I'm torn on what the quickest way around the hairpin is with this car, trying to make a smooth apex and get the power down just doesn't feel like it's as quick as getting it turned around as quickly as possible.

If you haven't received either or both challenges just let me know.

Sirenty

I wish VR and regular had combined leaderboards. Besides helping in these challenges to see where you are, I'm really curious if anyone is doing better in VR then they do normally.

I wish VR and regular had combined leaderboards. Besides helping in these challenges to see where you are, I'm really curious if anyone is doing better in VR then they do normally.

Yeah it's a shame they don't, I think this time around the top VR time is in the 39.0's and second is a 39.1 - last I looked there were only 5 entries on the time trial and just 3 on the drift (and the drift scores aren't competitive at all) - are you considering getting VR bud?

All my DCVR times are faster than normal DC in these challenges and I certainly feel I can get closer to the apex and have better line.

However DC was normally driven from the dashboard or hood cam, while of course I'm in cockpit for DCVR.
One thing I know from iRacing is that having a correct FOV really helps with been able to consistently place the car. (see this video) while I've never even attempted tune/move chair for DC. DCVR should naturally have to correct FOV.

Sirenty

Yeah it's a shame they don't, I think this time around the top VR time is in the 39.0's and second is a 39.1 - last I looked there were only 5 entries on the time trial and just 3 on the drift (and the drift scores aren't competitive at all) - are you considering getting VR bud?

I'm debating it. I tried a friend's Rift and it was pretty cool.

The last corner of this time trial kept screwing me up because the camera doesn't stay locked behind the car when you turn really sharp, so I would turn that corner and think I was lined up for a run at the finish when I was actually still aimed at the outside wall and had to let off/turn again/lose traction. I tried cockpit one lap but blew my lines and didn't have time to practice. Being able to turn my head in VR as I drive seems like it would help so much.

Top Bottom