• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR will be a PS VR launch title (October 13) + new details

I read that PS VR will require 60 square feet to use just for seated VR experiences. If true this thing will flop.
dam-psvr-playarea_en2.jpg

Are you posting from a 6'x6' prison cell?

So glad this wasn't cancel, great move by Sony too, having a racing game on VR at launch will be a good thing for PSVR.

Day one for me.

Linconan

So, this isn't Driveclub. The version that's already out just with an Update to utilize VR support?
So, we have to buy another Driveclub (name) just for, VR.

Sorta like Until Dawn VR, and you have a separate VR addon game?

Got 100% on driveclub , got 100% on driveclub bikes . i'm level 120.

I guess i need to get this Driveclub VR too

I won't even hesitate

Oxn

Anyone got any sweet racing set ups?

Im interested in getting a Fanatec setup (costly yes)

But are most people just using a Logitect G29 or Thrustmaster?

Stillmatic

Aww, hell yeah! First thing I'll play.

Edit: hope things are going well with the new studio, Rushy. Looking forward to seeing what your team has in the works.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I imagine a lot of the game had to basically be rebuilt. It's not as simple as getting the game to go 30fps, it has to also be able to render it twice.

Nope. Other Ocean.

I read that PS VR will require 60 square feet to use just for seated VR experiences. If true this thing will flop.
dam-psvr-playarea_en2.jpg

Yikes, this thread is full of misinformation. Nice to Rushy in here clearing things up, but he really shouldn't have to.

PS. Can't wait to see what you guys are working on Rushy *crosses fingers for spiritual successor to Motorstorm*

Look above you. ;)
Granted, the head cam is still cool and sort-of a way to get an idea for how the VR version could look, though expect reduced trackside detail, lighting changes, and FOV differences. I only tried an open-top car but everything felt proper in terms of "scale" whereas the first-person viewpoint in vanilla Driveclub appears like the camera is too far back (to see the dashboard in a low FOV) and makes it hard to drive.

theWB27

Granted, the head cam is still cool and sort-of a way to get an idea for how the VR version could look, though expect reduced trackside detail, lighting changes, and FOV differences. I only tried an open-top car but everything felt proper in terms of "scale" whereas the first-person viewpoint in vanilla Driveclub appears like the camera is too far back (to see the dashboard in a low FOV) and makes it hard to drive.

How much of a hit do the visuals take? When I tried it the in helmet visuals don't exactly match what's on tv.

While true, im speaking from a consumers perspective.

That's life though, being fair the amount of support that Evolution pumped out after release was monstrous already, I've no issue with pumping up the cash for this, plus seems a possible discount for season pass holders.

Top Bottom