• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

CloudNL

vtsbqa4spnbmbx4z10zg9kizkulz4ps.jpg

Oh wait, wrong topic!

I Expect:

KZ2 Demonstration
Resistance Demonstration/Gameplay
Motorstorm 2 trailer
MGS4/MGO Talk
New First Party Game Announcements for 2009.
Infamous Gameplay/Trailer

And some 3rd party trailers.

Home Launch Date
Video Download Service Date

msdstc said:
This will be the next big thing I bet. Socom was huge for the Ps2... this will be huge for ps3. It's rumored to be by zipper correct? Also lets see some heavy rain.

Anything by Zipper and especially if MAG turns out to be true is going to blow us away.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
KTallguy said:
If there aren't gigatons, it'll be a sad day.

Nintendo's was apparently bad, and MS, aside from the quadrupalton, was ... ok. (No brand new titles).

So yea, if Sony doesn't deliver, they'll lose all of their mindshare.
In the internets mind. They will gain mindshare for diversifying their offerings and announcing new games.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Keep it steady Sony, show off existing games, and also announce 2-3 good exclusives, and you have this in the bag.

And be humble, dont be arrogant.

Raistlin

Well I figure this can't be any worse than the other conferences ... but who knows, maybe Sony will lower the bar.

Haunted

At least they won't have the worst conference this year.

They won't be able to touch MS's FFXIII megaton from yesterday, but seeing Team ICO's game would be good enough for me.

Aggelos

We need to excorcize the evil spirits before the conference kicks off!
Thus: 臨兵闘者皆陣裂在前!! (りんぴょうとうしゃかいじんれつざいぜん)

oneHeero

gofreak said:
Games and stuff. Cold stares across the hall to S-E reps.
I just LOL irl.

Sony has a huge chance to steal E3, Nintendo's conf was a bore, MS smacked them with the FF13 announcement, hopefully the 2 games that havent been announced are huge.

nib95

Banned
Ryu1999 said:
While I don't think anything will be able to match the FFXIII betrayalton, it can't be worse that Nintendo's snoozer

To be fair, outside of the FXIII announcement, Microsoft's conference wasn't exactly great either. Sony has whole runway to take off with. Question is, will they? In the past they've often managed to royally fuck it, so they still could, or they could seriously bring the pain and lift off like an F-22 Raptor.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
After Nintendo set the bar so low for today, any kind of cool announcement from Sony would cut it.

YakiSOBA

im not at all excited for any socom for ps3... we already have cod4 which i feel is a perfect unofficial sequel for us oldschool socom players anyway =)

AAK

I fear for Sony, you guys are really gonna go all lethal on them if they won't put up a performance as big as their E305 or GDC07 cons.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
pxleyes said:
My conference ratings so far:

Microsoft: B
Nintendo: F--
Sony: ?

why does everyone keep saying this about nintendo? What happened at the conference?

Also can anyone just quickly answer please... is it on g4?

andydumi said:
Keep it steady Sony, show off existing games, and also announce 2-3 good exclusives, and you have this in the bag.

I think after E3 2006, the Arrogance has become very much low key anyway, compared to their statements before that.

Erebus

andydumi said:

I want them to be arrogant and say "in your face MS, we have more target-renders than ever today!".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I updated the OP with some live video links.

Also, those of you coming from the Nintendo conference should be well prepared for anything at this stage. E3 can be a funny thing, so..don't get scared if things get shitty. We know better now.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
god it starts at 4:30 am Australian time... i dont know if i can stay up much longer. i was all pumped to but if its goona be anything like Nintendo's why bother?

Sony is guaranteed to be praised after Nintendo, they could show a roll of trailers of upcoming games and it would be enough. I just hope they don't waste too much time on rolling out the video store, which will likely be pretty pedestrian.

besada

Banned
msdstc said:
why does everyone keep saying this about nintendo? What happened at the conference?

Also can anyone just quickly answer please... is it on g4?

They showed Snowboarding, CoD, and an old lightsaber game that doesn't use 1:1 add-on. And proved that they could ruin a brilliant idea like Wii Music by removing anything resembling interactivity. Oh, and another Wii Sports, that apparently involves sharpening pencils with a sword.

JimiNutz

Banned
Sony has a great chance of hitting it out the ball park.

Even though MS showed my personal game of the show so far (Gears2) the casual shit was embarrassing, and there wasn't really any huge new announcements (software wise.) Sure FF13 was a HUGE megaton but I wanted to see something new. Their software line up is still very solid.

Nintendo...:lol Worst conference ever

Like MS Sony has a solid software line-up that we already know of, and KZ2, Resistance2, MS2, Infamous, LBP all should look amazing.

On top of that people will shit bricks if they show God of War 3, Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal PS3, Heavy Rain etc.

Then you also have all the cool PSN games, Home, maybe even good motion controls and Eye Toy games, PSP games, plus some good 3rd party stuff

I'm really expecting Sony to blow us away

Calcaneus

I'm a bit skeptikal about there being any megatons, but I'll be watching.

I also await trying to get a post in between all the 500s going around.

Top Bottom