• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Nin] Nintendo E3 2018 Thread (RATE THE SHOW)

Rate the show

• A

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • B

Votes: 46 12.4%
  • C

Votes: 91 24.5%
  • D

Votes: 124 33.4%
  • E

Votes: 97 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zannegan

Almost had a little heart attack when I saw this at the top of the lists. Thought I'd missed something.

Still, only a day and a half left to wait, so I'm hyped, especially since, after EA's awful show, Microsoft just put on a solid presser.

Be interesting to see how much time they give to 3rd parties this year considering fortnite and other big games.
Hallarious if Nintendo give the biggest game in the world 15secs of time, yet spend 10mins on the development of a game like Yoshi's wooly series like past years.

Meesh

So... is this the right train??? Looking for the hype train...

What are we seriously expecting outta Nintendo as far as "educated" surprises?

Andyliini

The opening rounds of Splatoon 2 World Championships begin in roughly 25 minutes. I just checked and at least their Twitch stream is already up. Has some funky Splatoon music playing in the background.

They sometimes have new reveals in these, but I doubt we get them this time around.

Andyliini

I'm going to buy some beer and chocolate for this, then I'll be all set for Direct and Treehouse. As they said they will only cover games for this year, I'm not expecting too much, but dates for Smash, Yoshi and Fire Emblem should do it. Everything else is bonus for me.

Curious to know what have cooked for this year. Hoping for another surprise announcement from Konami or Square-Enix.

RPGCrazied

After Sony's ho hum conference and Microsoft's surprisingly good one, I'm not feeling to hot about Nintendo. Probably 20 minutes of Smash, 10 minutes of pokemon and 10 minutes of indies. If they go another year without showing Prime 4 they will have lost to me.

And please announce a Skyward Sword remaster!

jdforge

Banned
I'm going to buy some beer and chocolate for this, then I'll be all set for Direct and Treehouse. As they said they will only cover games for this year, I'm not expecting too much, but dates for Smash, Yoshi and Fire Emblem should do it. Everything else is bonus for me.

Curious to know what have cooked for this year. Hoping for another surprise announcement from Konami or Square-Enix.

Please remove your hype level regulator.

This is Nintendo at E3.

It’s time to release yourself from the constraints of everyday normality and dive into the slick dirty pool of Nintendo hype, smothering it’s gooey goodness all over your primed and very ready body.

Last edited:
I'm going to stay up till 2am in my time zone to see this Nintendo Direct. I'm stocked up on beer and candy.

I expect we will see some juicy details about Metroid Prime, Smash Bros and Mainline Pokemon. And no doubt a surprise or two.

Of course it could always fall flat. EA's presentation sunk like a rock. However I think 2018-2019 are pivotal years for the Switch, Nintendo has to bring out the big guns. They did before when the Switch was in its infancy. It really needs some hype now to keep the momentum going. All those core teams have been working for 3 years now since the Switch launched. Enough time for some big game announcements going into 2019 and late 2018.

KevinKeene

Banned
HYPE!

Okay, these are the 3 things I need from this conference to leave happy:

1.) Ridley is playable in Smash and he is done justice.

2.) Fire Emblem Switch is not some crossover-thing (like Awakening, Heroes and Warriors) and it goes for a more serious tone, less 'tehe, it was a misunderstanding' *hundredsjustdiedinbattle*

3.) One unannounced, big surprise. New MonolithSoft-game, port of Xenoblade X, Xenosaga HD Remaster, Animal Crossing, or at least a full blowout of Starfox Grandprix.

Hoping for new long-lastimg singleplayer modes in Smash. And a group/clan mechanic for Smash Online would be nice.

Bring it on, Nintendo.

Last edited:

jdforge

Banned
giphy.gif

Someone needs to insert the Nintendo logo between her hands.

Just give me something to look forward to. Sekiro is too far away, DMC 5 and Code Vein's quality is still up in the air and I can only think of Octopath Traveler as something I'd really like to play right now.

OH-MyCar

HYPE!

2.) Fire Emblem Switch is not some crossover-thing (like Awakening, Heroes and Warriors) and it goes for a more serious tone, less 'tehe, it was a misunderstanding' *hundredsjustdiedinbattle*

We definitely need a return-to-form for Fire Emblem (not counting Echoes). I hated the localization of Fates, played the accurate fan translation and still ended up hating those games.

I'll defend cheesecake trash to my dying day, but the waifu element has really poisoned the series. It's like the complete opposite of how they decided to screw up the Advance Wars franchise, but equally as bad.

Last edited:

Shouta

I bet Ridley is getting announced for Smash. Size-wise, he'll be in similar proportion to how he was compared to Samus in the original Metroid. That'll let him fit into the game without being oversized.

Solo Act

Thanks for the bump. I couldn’t find this thread anywhere.
I'm counting down, but I have low expectations after the leaks.

Is it insanity that every single Direct I've watched over the years has had me hoping for a new Wave Race announcement? How many times can a sane person be let down by the same hope before they become clinically insane?

jdforge

Banned
1 hour remaining GAF.

1 solitary hour before Nintendo drops those delicious E3 bombs.

I can’t wait to see what Retro have been making. I’d love RE4 announced too.

OH-MyCar

Just please give me anything but "Hey guys, don't you love Smash!? and here's our online service to play it" for 30 minutes.

If Nintendo pulls that one, I'm selling my Switch and going back to my Sega Nomad.

Andyliini

Please remove your hype level regulator.

This is Nintendo at E3.

It’s time to release yourself from the constraints of everyday normality and dive into the slick dirty pool of Nintendo hype, smothering it’s gooey goodness all over your primed and very ready body.

Alright then!

The fans are ready to go
The games are rrrready to go
Heck, I'm ready to go!

Bring on the best games, everything you have. And leave some for Treehouse, I love being surprised.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I don't expect them to bring up the online service at all. There's no reason to, because it doesn't benefit the customer in any way. The only reason we want to see what the service is gonna be like, is to check the damage.

Michele

you.
Any final Smash predictions before the E3?

My prediction is: Smash 5 will have an Story Mode. Brawl had one, but 4 didn't have one so it was slightly disappointment. But with Nintendo having very tight locks now I think there will going to be an Story Mode or something like this.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to see Kid Icarus Uprising sequel for Switch. COME ON Nintendo!!!! Just do this for me!!!

jdforge

Banned
Any final Smash predictions before the E3?

My prediction is: Smash 5 will have an Story Mode. Brawl had one, but 4 didn't have one so it was slightly disappointment. But with Nintendo having very tight locks now I think there will going to be an Story Mode or something like this.

Yeah I’d like to see the story mode return.

I’ll predict Banjo is going to be included!

OH-MyCar

I don't expect them to bring up the online service at all. There's no reason to, because it doesn't benefit the customer in any way. The only reason we want to see what the service is gonna be like, is to check the damage.

That makes sense, so Nintendo'll definitely spend a lot of time on it.

Any links to the stream or sumthin from Nintendo themselves? I don't see anything on their Youtube or are they just going to upload a vid?

Edit: Nvm, found it :D

Last edited:

Andyliini

The streams are up on YouTube and Twitch. I'm personally watching the European stream and there does not seem to be any music yet.

OMG, 20-minute countdown just started. This is it boys!

Andyliini

Well, Konami already announced their next Switch-revival, it's Hyper Sports, a spiritual sequel to Track & Field. I was hoping for Castlevania, but whatever.

Also, this does not seem to fill either action-adventure or compilation genres Konami had announced earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom