• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson calls the next Battlefield a "tremendous live service."

FeralEcho

When will these corpos finally catch up that ”live service” is now an universally hated term?
When they move on to the next catchy word that will once again already be universally hated by the time they catch on since they have no business sense whatsoever even though they pretend really well they do.

These suits are narcissistic to the core,they wouldn't admit they were wrong or change gear even if their lives depended on it.

And no one can know better than them because they know better than anyone,and if something doesn't go as planned it's clearly not their fault but the consumer's fault or the developer's fault since they can do no wrong.

They are worthless sacks of garbage.

10x1yk.jpg
Absolute first thing I thought was that my man's been listening to the geriatric orange man too much with that description.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yet Hell Divers 2 blew up instantly. Doesn't matter what people are hungry for. If the next BF games is a banger people will play it period. Doesn't matter if it's GAAS or not. Do I believe the next BF will be a good game? No but that's besides the point really.

You are also forgetting the main part of live service, how it's monetised. It can't just be a good game, it needs to be fairly monetised.

And EA sure as hell ain't gonna cap their premium currency at £20 packs that can buy everything in the store for weeks, you can also earn that currency at a steady rate by just playing the game. Helldivers is not just a great game on a mechanical level but also on how it rewards the player and how cheap comparatively the shortcuts are.

EA will never do that, so it can never become popular enough to make an impact.

Last edited:

Tomi

So you wanna tell me that Battlefield is game what i wont buy again

I'm sad and happy

Last edited:

jonnyp

vrg_1228_wilson_lede_fin.0.0.jpeg

You will buy our soulless live service slop
You will spend additional money on weapon skins
You will buy classes or characters behind paywalls
You will spend money on the season pass

Looks like the sort of person who would be strangling cats if he wasn't CEO.

salva

Yeah not this time Dice. All confidence and hype has gone from me for the battlefield series. Go back to your early roots and I'm there, but that's never happening.

Ok, BF fans. We’ve heard you loud and clear, it’s Bad Company 3! That’s right a diverse group of sassy women showing men that war really is hell … for the patriarchy!

Gojiira

Banned
Lmao way to kill it way in advance…My fucking god,Xbox,EA,Just on and on it goes with the stupidity…

SantaC

Yeah not this time Dice. All confidence and hype has gone from me for the battlefield series. Go back to your early roots and I'm there, but that's never happening.
DICE isnt making this game.

It is the halo guy or something

EA and this moron are braindead as fuck. 2042 was a total failure so they decide to make yet ANOTHER live service POS that will fail the same way. People do not want this shite. Braindead cucks the whole lot of them. Obviously, they must have tons of money to waste on this crap.

Last edited:

Hudo

The tragedy of EA is that they're sitting on a gold mine of unused IPs. Ultima, Wing Commander, Command & Conquer, Sim City, Burnout, Medal of Honor, Titanfall, Road Rash, SSX, Dungeon Keeper, Theme Park, Populous..

all having high potential but the CEO and the board of directors are just so fucking absolutely retarded that they keep live-service raping Battlefield (and probably the next Sims game) into oblivion, because they can't even get that right. That whole fucking company is hard carried by EA Sports, which have become a slave mine, endlessly shitting out Fifa, Madden and other sports games with the most predatory microtransactions I have ever seen with no end in sight because if it really ended, EA would immediately file for bankruptcy.

You are also forgetting the main part of live service, how it's monetised. It can't just be a good game, it needs to be fairly monetised.

And EA sure as hell ain't gonna cap their premium currency at £20 packs that can buy everything in the store for weeks, you can also earn that currency at a steady rate by just playing the game. Helldivers is not just a great game on a mechanical level but also on how it rewards the player and how cheap comparatively the shortcuts are.

EA will never do that, so it can never become popular enough to make an impact.

And yet EA still made and released Apex legends (even if they didn't want it). Respawn took it upon themselves to do it and it paid off and now EA clearly recognizes their talent from all the promotions and responsibility that's been thrown on them now. So maybe Respawn will once again work their magic. Also those gacha games are not fairly monetized and they are massive GAAS games. Genshin is huge.

SoloCamo

Good, I don't have to play it then. Just like I haven't played any BF since Bad Company 2.

Missing out on some good games than.... BF3 / BF4 / BF1 / BFV are all solid games and 2042 shaped up to being a solid fun game, though obviously with some of the core BF formula missing. The problem is with the most recent games, by the time they are solid they are almost EOL.

simpatico

Gotta be nearly impossible for pubs to even speak right now. Just because investors and gamers want completely different things. No matter what they say, if they're not lying, one of those groups will be mad.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Edit.

Snake gif already uploaded.

Forget I was here. Insulting Andrew House was all I was going to add to this discussion anyway

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I couldn't think of anything more repulsive. Such a shame Battlefield turned into this.

At least we had 1942 and it's mods. Happy days they were 🫡

Top Bottom