• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Will Bring “One of their Bigger Games” To Nintendo Switch

Tregard

Soothsayer
Fifa is the dullest possible outcome of this and therefore also the most likely.

Hopeful for Battlefront 2, though, most definitely.

Schnozberry

FIFA and Plants vs. Zombies make the most sense for launch games.

I do think portable Madden could be a system seller for the sports crowd, though. Putting out last years version after the Super Bowl would be sending it out to die, though.

Cartho

Noy gonna lie, a proper mobile Fifa? For a reasonable price? That would seem like GANGBUSTERS in the U.K. It's all the kids in the school I work in talk about.

RedSwirl

It's Madden and Fifa. I've believed this since the initial Switch reveal trailer.

Having portable versions of major sports games that are much closer to console versions than mobile versions could be a good selling point for the Switch to a lot of the mainstream audience.

KAL2006

Banned
I doubt that it's something as huge as Battlefield as the Switch would struggle to run it and if it did then it would need alot of downgrades which isn't a good look and would get compared to the PS4 version.

Malakai

I'm wondering what new ways EA is going to poison the well. Publishers and developers never ceases to amaze me me when it comes to creativity ways of poisoning the well on Nintendo systems.

Madden or Fifa confirmed.

Or if they want to be extra nefarious, release Titanfall 2 on the Switch for a guaranteed Bomba and an excuse to not develop for the platform

redhood56

Banned
BioWare if you are reading this I made a 3 month avatar bet that Andromena is coming to the switch. EA better be talking about Andromena here

Jarate

Banned
im expecting previous gen or downgrade ports of Madden or Fifa (probably Fifa)

Both games will probably be beyond barebones, like every single mobile sports game is.

I also could see huge pushes to release old content and ports to the Switch.

BioWare if you are reading this I made a 3 month avatar bet that Andromena is coming to the switch. EA better be talking about Andromena here

giphy.gif

Top Bottom