• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's new price point: $69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh boy I can't wait to not buy more generic mass market EA games with that inflated price point.

I hope they do it. They need to die as a business.

DR2K

Banned
Capcom and Naighty Dog tried this with RE:R and Uncharted, and they both backfired gloriously.

Nokterian

Haha ooh man..in the EU that price will double up even more then those us dollars. Yup not going to buy anything from EA anymore. Just waiting for PC prices to drop like a stone.

Lakitu

st5fu
What the fuck?

I thought game budgets were relatively the same as this gen?

Oh, if it's not just hypotheticals of course.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I can understand why they would go higher to begin with. Lower sales and all. Still, store sales and smart shopping negate the higher price anyway.

Jack_AG

Banned
Someone wasn't listening properly.

He was talking specifically about PS3 games early on before they settled on $59.99.

OK. I can't listen to the stream so I have to go by what is posted here for now. People should continue to quote THIS to clear things up and OP should edit.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I would definitely wait longer to buy games if they launched at $70. I buy a fair amount of my games on Day 1 at $60, but would drastically rethink that if this became a universal practice.

The fact they're even saying it theoretically has me pissed.

Honestly, I don't see it working for anything except their annuals. People will pay for Madden - but they won't plop down $69 on an unproven title.

That's not quite what it said. He suggested that this is what it was this gen (at the start of the console cycle, then dwindle down to $59) and that he thinks we'll see it again this gen.

I don't think this is confirmed. They were just spitballing on the call...

That being said, that is total bullshit about the prices coming back down eventually. Does anyone actually buy that EA would willingly lower the prices eventually? COME ON.

Vinci

Danish
Last I saw, he was merely speculating about a price increase. He didn't confirm one.

Damn, you guys are twitchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom