• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

Tankard

Mario Odyssey is hype, actually one, if not the most anticipated game for me, even though i don't and won't own a Switch anytime soon, just need to play a little at some friend's.

The conference, i don't even know, i think it was terrible but i'm totally apathetic to Nintendo these days.

Bad Metroid reveal. I'm happy it exists but you gotta show more

Loved the Mario trailer. The only thing that got me super excited. Xenoblade looked really good too

Dat NimbusCub source betrayal
The snow picture was for Rocket League, clearly

The Pokemon and Metroid announcements are frustrating because those, to me, felt like afterthoughts/damage control. Like "oh we didn't bring the things they actually want, still".

Metroid in particular seems like they seriously had nothing in the works until after Federation Force

didn't announce anything? tf?

they announced new yoshi, kirby, rocket league, and confirmed that there will be a new mainline pokemon and metroid game for the switch

e: this was so much better than i expected it to be. i thought for sure they would only drop 2017 games here

dickroach

wayyyy less games than I expected

Kirby, Yoshi, and that Odyssey trailer though are all 10s

also, where's the guy who was talking about Blizzard rumors

Hasney

Kyle "I'll be playing it todayyyyy" ahahaha.

My god, grinning through this Mario play through though. It looks incredible.

Tregard

Soothsayer
The snow picture was for Rocket League, clearly

The Pokemon and Metroid announcements are frustrating because those, to me, felt like afterthoughts/damage control. Like "oh we didn't bring the things they actually want, still".

Metroid in particular seems like they seriously had nothing in the works until after Federation Force

But if it's Prime, you'd assume it was therefore Retro. What have they been doing?!

Can't wait for every Nintendo presentation for the next two years to come along with a "No Metroid Prime news" disclaimer

WarRock

They didn't, though this was a fine E3 all around.

I agree, it's the first time I actually watched all conferences to the end and had fun and something to enjoy in all of them. But Nintendo was the only one that got me personally excited and the pacing was GOOD. Don't have a lot to show? Ok, then ~25ish minutes is enough, no need to drag us with random crap and poorly edited trailers (right Bethesda?). That and the climax was fucking great.

Didn't Reggie said they would show 3DS games too though?

But if it's Prime, you'd assume it was therefore Retro. What have they been doing?!

Can't wait for every Nintendo presentation for the next two years to come along with a "No Metroid Prime news" disclaimer
I can appreciate them just coming out and confirming, even with nothing to show.

I think it's more frustrating when it's paired with the Pokemon thing. Where it's like "yeah....I'd certainly hope your next one is on Switch instead of 3DS". If anything it's more announcing that you aren't seeing anything until it releases

So then it becomes two huge fan announcements that are honestly nothing and won't be paid off with reveals until at least like 2019

Even when dumb dream announcements are announced by others you get a little teaser or concept art or something to go off of. Bleh

Tregard

Soothsayer
I can appreciate them just coming out and confirming, even with nothing to show.

I think it's more frustrating when it's paired with the Pokemon thing. Where it's like "yeah....I'd certainly hope your next one is on Switch instead of 3DS". If anything it's more announcing that you aren't seeing anything until it releases

So then it becomes two huge fan announcements that are honestly nothing and won't be paid off with reveals until at least like 2019

Even when dumb dream announcements are announced by others you get a little teaser or concept art or something to go off of. Bleh

Yeah, I guess the teasers being threadbare comes with the territory. Oh well, at least it's official!

I really hope that Metroid Prime 4 takes more after Retro's story and atmosphere rather than Other M's.

If it's being made internally, there's hope that they get it right, but I really hope they celebrate Samus as being Nintendo's strongest lady. rather than belittle her like Team Ninja did.

It's getting buried by everything else but that Kirby game looked delightful

Xenoblade on the other hand........I don't know how I feel about that. The Valkyrie Drive nonsense with "sword waifus" was a bit much for me. I see a lot of people still hating the character designs but I actually like this art style a lot more

AAK

I really hope that Metroid Prime 4 takes more after Retro's story and atmosphere rather than Other M's.

If it's being made internally, there's hope that they get it right, but I really hope they celebrate Samus as being Nintendo's strongest lady. rather than belittle her like Team Ninja did.

Everything narrative and plot related for Other M is Nintendo's fault, blame Team Ninja for the gameplay.

Top Bottom