• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embargo on Nintendo Switch console/games previews lift on February 23th / March 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Have this been posted yet? Pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/WoodenPlankST/status/834440593656909824/photo/1
C5SHFUTW8AALVSo.jpg:large
Skyrim guy should know better than to attack a chicken. 0/10

5/10

Guerrilla

So if journalists got the full game already, what is the difference between a preview and a Review? I mean are they just not allowed to assign a score yet, and everything else is fine? Or are there other restrictions?

Richie

So if journalists got the full game already, what is the difference between a preview and a Review? I mean are they just not allowed to assign a score yet, and everything else is fine? Or are there other restrictions?

I assume impressions with the time they have had, without yet beating the game (and thus unable to form a more conclusive verdict).

Impossible to know for sure without seeing the embargo, but often there is a list of what you can show in the preview vs review.

For an example, here's what I received when covering Yo-Kai Watch a couple years back:

Preview Guidelines:
· Up to end of Chapter 6 (Battle against Boss Yo-kai – Massiface)
· StreetPass functionality
· Yo-kai Cam
· Do not reveal anything beyond Chapter 7
· Do not reveal the list of Yo-kai you need to befriend to unlock any of the legend Yo-kai

Folks with BOTW are likely working off a similar list, although surely much much more extensive for Zelda, that dictates what can be shown in their content on Friday. So they probably won't be allowed to mention or show anything beyond a certain point in the story, anything beyond certain areas of the world, any items besides a select list, and so on.

rockx4

I wonder what kind of info we'll get for the Switch preview after the embargo lifts. Hopefully its not just what we already know :(

I said fuck it and saw the recent Zelda trailer.

Yeah this game has Xenoblade shit going on in terms of scale because my god does it look great.

I wonder if they've started pushing the Day 1 update to press so they can show the eShop tomorrow. I just wanna see Zelda previews already ahhhh

So are we going to have an impressions topic for Zelda? I know tomorrow is Switch impressions then the following day is Zelda impressions.

BotW dreams have started. Last night I had one where the game was essentially AR/VR and I was arriving in ruined hyrule through some sheikah powered future tech vessel. Westworld esque. Spent a while deciding in which direction I wanted to embark. Too long, in fact, and witnessed it get more westworldish as a group of NPCs were brutally ambushed on the outskirts of this town. very gory

have a long 8 days ahead

There will likely be heavy restrictions on previews. Probably something along the lines of "you can discuss your first 10 hours with the game" or "you can only talk about these three regions of Hyrule", etc. Their will definitely be heavy embargoes on what can be discussed.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
You're trying really hard to dismiss Bomberman Switch with this comparison. I've seen a dozen of video hands-on: it's classic Bomberman with 8P local and online multiplayer. They won't charge that overnight. So it's easy to know if you like that, it's a must have out of ten.

Shiggy

You're trying really hard to dismiss Bomberman Switch with this comparison. I've seen a dozen of video hands-on: it's classic Bomberman with 8P local and online multiplayer. They won't charge that overnight, right? So it's easy to know if you like that, it's a must have out of ten.

I've seen various previews which were all rather mixed and had a "better wait for more details" attitude. Even those who played it on here said there are awkward design decisions, making them not want to buy it.

Just saying "it's Bomberman, we know what it is" is a stupid thing to say. That's what Bomberman for X360 best illustrates.

But if you don't really care about your gaming budget and just want a new Bomberman regardless of quality, go ahead and buy it. If it's halfway decent, I'd consider it at EUR10 maximum.

LordKano

I've seen various previews which were all rather mixed and had a "better wait for more details" attitude. Even those who played it on here said there are awkward design decisions, making them not want to buy it.

Just saying "it's Bomberman, we know what it is" is a stupid thing to say. That's what Bomberman for X360 best illustrates.

But if you don't really care about your gaming budget and just want a new Bomberman regardless of quality, go ahead and buy it.

Dude. That's Bomberman. We've seen gameplay. People played it. It looks like old school Bomberman and play like that. You're trying way too hard with that. Act Zero didn't play like Bomberman at all and the aesthetics were questionable.

At worst this one will be light in content, with bad netcode and micro-transactions. I think the people who wanted a full fledged Bomberman since years won't bother too much about that. For those who are still on the fence shouldn't buy it before reviews come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom