• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, Halos 1-4

def sim

Ah still a rumor

I wish this were an official announcement, as likely as it is. I haven't played the older Halo games in a long, long time so I'm definitely interested.

Drago

Never played much Halo but I kinda really want to so, yes please! What a perfect way to get into the series.

Just need a white Xbox One now. C'mon Microsoft, don't let me down now! D:

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way each game is getting their multiplayer transferred to Xbox One, too.

Man, I really REALLY hope this doesn't mean a remake of Halo 2's multiplayer will be neglected.

In a perfect world all of those games would have their multiplayer intact but that seems...way too good to actually happen.

60 fps would be hnngg

e3 conference is going to be huge

image.php

If H2A is done well(No Halo 4 designs, just updated Halo 2 designs) and they do a bundle of this collection with the Xbone for 399 I will preorder it.

RE_Player

So we now know all their plans for Halo, no way they are working on anything more than this collection and 5. Gears is still too early to be shown. Forza just came out so we have some time before a new one. Apart from Fable, which will most likely be at E3, we'll hopefully get some new games out of MS! Excited for their press conference.

Now that's some pretty great news. Will MS really get this out for only 60 bucks? Because that would be amazing

Throw in a Gears Trilogy Remaster on X1 this year and I'll get it this year

dmr87

So I wonder if they are only upressing and slapping on 60 fps? Or if they are giving all the games the 'Anniversary make-up', that would be a ton of work considering it's supposed to come out this year.

kris.

Banned
first the kinect-less xbone, then the paywall lift for apps, and now this? damn microsoft, u go girl.

release this on pc though.

RoKKeR

I will buy the shit out of this if it's true.

About damn time the franchise that defines Xbox makes it's way to the bone.

C'mon ntkrnl, don't fail us now!

GhaleonEB

Curious if they'll make any updates to the games, other than the coat of pait and audio ala Halo CEA. Halo 2 could sure use a wider field of view. Add online co-op to the mix for all of the games, and it's a great package. Assuming it's accuate, of course.
I'm confused, what does this mean for the Halo 2 remake?

These two rumors are probably one and the same.

Simzyy

Halo 4. :,(

Ha. I don't think 343 are THAT stupid.

I played some Halo 3 MP after not knowing why I wasn't enjoying H4s MP. It was a blast.

BRING BACK HALO 1/2/3 MP 343. I don't care which, all were great. Hundreds of hours spent on each of them easy.

Jb

Shame ODST's and Reach's glorious soundtracks won't be part of the package, but this sounds like a pretty awesome collection even without these games.

This is great news. Hopefully this will wake people up and make then realize how stupid it is to criticize one company for releasing an HD port (TLOU) since there are plenty of people who haven't played and are willing to play these games on new systems.

Silky

Banned
So I wonder if they are only upressing and slapping on 60 fps? Or if they are giving all the games the 'Anniversary make-up', that would be a ton of work considering its supposed to come out this year.

Halo 1 Anniversary, 3, and 4 might be the upressed one. 2 might be the one completely done from scratch.

Top Bottom