• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ePSXe help please!

teiresias

OK, I'm having a hell of a time using ePSXe with my current rig. Here are my specs:

ABIT NF7-S mobo
AMD Barton mobile overclocked to 2.2Ghz
512MB RAM
Radeon 9500 Pro
Sound Blaster Live

Here is my problem:

When I try to run a game - any game, from either the CD or from an ISO - I get just a black, blank screen. If I play around in the Radeon control panel or with the video settings for the plug-in (been trying basically every GPU plug-in by Pete in the 1.75 pack) it will occasionally start correctly once, but that's once in a blue moon, and if I restart it without changing settings it won't start correctly a second time. Since this seems to affect it I've been assuming it's probably the video set-up that's the problem.

I'm also using the Eternal SPU plug-in and PeOPS CDR plug-in.

I've been testing it with an ISO of Final Fantasy Origins I made with Nero Express.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I'm at my wit's end!!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
maybe play around with graphics card drivers? <-- radeon drivers, not epsxe ones.

have you tried pete's openGL plugin? Thats what I use. Have you clicked on "test" and it says everything is working perfectly?

edit: have you tried any other games? maybe your iso is just fucked up.

Top Bottom