• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: NX = portable w/ carts, detachable controllers, Tegra, TV Out, no BC, Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not from Nintendo but from Big Ben:
327173-inlay-details-BB_325928_02.png

gamers.png
Better than every single mockup in the thread

Eolz

That appears to be from bigben interactive or something
https://google.com/patents/EP2923745A1?cl=ko

Aw. Looks better than most of their products from what I remember lol.

edit:
SMD will breakdown and probably attack Nintendo if he sees them announce something he wasn't wanting.

Nah, he can just say that it was cancelled or whatever if this hybrid is successful. If it isn't he can just say it's still coming in a different form.
It's the same with any semi-credible leaker when something isn't happening (like some of Verendus stuff for example).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I wonder who are these sources who tell him that NX is "stronger than PS4" Ok, people with developer contacts, but who? It seems he lost "something" since the well-known marketing numbers accident. But I wonder, at this point (my intent is not malicious, Trev, mind you) how reliable were those reports back from months ago about the dev kits

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195100552&postcount=4676

He posted it on GAF as well, which is good since he deleted it on his blog after the "accident".

interesting.. my guess is rhe NX will use Sharp's technology for a 'cut' screen to accommodate a control layout and better form factor.

example:

sharp-free-form-lcd-2-100477880-orig.jpg

I can agree with this. The Sharp form factor screen has been brought up and Emily clearly says the form factor of the NX which to me implies the screen. The screen can be designed to make all the controls work and look great. Man it's so exciting to see what it'll look like!

Mr Swine

Banned
I can agree with this. The Sharp form factor screen has been brought up and Emily clearly says the form factor of the NX which to me implies the screen. The screen can be designed to make all the controls work and look great. Man it's so exciting to see what it'll look like!

Wouldn't that jack up the price going with a free form screen vs a normal one?

interesting.. my guess is rhe NX will use Sharp's technology for a 'cut' screen to accommodate a control layout and better form factor.

example:

The fornicator* tweet was posted before Eurogamer revealed it was a tablet with detachable controllers.

*form factor autocorrect but I'll keep it.

he is the only guy keeping the AMD console talk alive

I tend to watch his videos but I am not a fan of the way he just claims his speculations as truth

a big win for him if we do get another SKU with an AMD chipset
He threw that as a possibility to cover himself. Don't think they'd use a different chip manufacturer if they're trying to make an iPhone like development environment
That's her teasing the EuroGamer leak. Form factor was relating to the handheld hybrid news

Sorry guys to change conversation but has there ever been confirmation or some point in time we have found out who, eurogamer, ign sites sources were? Or do we just always listen to them because thats how its always been?

Sorry guys to change conversation but has there ever been confirmation or some point in time we have found out who, eurogamer, ign sites sources were? Or do we just always listen to them because thats how its always been?

Why would we know who their sources are? That's not how leaks work, they don't reveal their sources because that puts their job in danger.

Revealing sources is usually regarded as unprofessional. Can judge them on their own record (ign Russia lol)

Wouldn't that jack up the price going with a free form screen vs a normal one?
Oh wait her tweet was prior to Eurogamers leak. I guess it was about it being tablet form.

Isn't Eurogamer the only with the source ? Why didn't ign break this news if they already had it? It seems like all the other websites jumped on the bandwagon and pretending they know stuff to get hits.

I'm reading his twitter and he seens pretty sure that Eurogamer, IGN, Kotaku and etc are wrong. That's not good to his rep if he ends up wrong.
And vice versa

Why would we know who their sources are? That's not how leaks work, they don't reveal their sources because that puts their job in danger.
No idea, just asking. Because honestly Im questioning all this shit now..

Isn't Eurogamer the only with the source ? Why didn't ign break this news if they already had it? It seems like all the other websites jumped on the bandwagon and pretending they know stuff to get hits.

Its possible that their source is wrong, but big sites like Eurogamer do not just make stuff up on slow news day.

example:

i was trying earlier today to get some discussion going about it. But the crudely nature of the drawing prevented any chance it had i guess:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=212008866

The use of the Free Form Screen would have an important impact in the screen size in relation to the volume of the system. It also would accomodate the detachable controllers with less width usage.

It would be also help to set the device apart. im not sure is on Nintendo's best interest for people to mistake the Hybrid with just another Tablet or big Smart Phone.

Another nice thing to consider (see number 3 in fig.) is that Detachable controllers could be hiding the vents in the distance case that the base have active cooling like some people are speculating. Could be used as air in/outtakes when is in the dock.

Oh wait her tweet was prior to Eurogamers leak. I guess it was about it being tablet form.

Thats why im asking... that is sooo damn bougie on the convience of the rumor
Its possible that their source is wrong, but big sites like Eurogamer do not just make stuff up on slow news day.
Lets not forget that guy Andy McNugget guy from mcv or whatever doubling down on the fake gaffer made nx controller.

_PsiFire_

This is depressing. He's just mentally incapable of handling it and will probably have a breakdown when it's revealed.
Could you imagine if it ended up where he was correct and there were two form factors? This Nvidia handheld and an AMD console?

Unlikely at this point but just imagine...a single person holding to his guns and besting journalists with all there contacts and assuredness.

I hope that happens just for the crow eating.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Could you imagine if it ended up where he was correct and there were two form factors? This Nvidia handheld and an AMD console?

Unlikely at this point but just imagine...a single person holding to his guns and besting journalists with all there contacts and assuredness.

I hope that happens just for the crow eating.

Since he's also positive that the console is x86, there's no chance of this whatsoever. He's just being played like a fiddle.

So the tech guys...Osiris had said devs can port X1/PS4 games to NX with little to no issue.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=203631027&postcount=1390

Does this lineup with the info we have from Eurogamer?

No, but he might have heard that it can run all current gen engines (which it can) and assumed that it applied to games as well.

Ladekabel

I don't trust Eurogamer with this because I'm still sad that we didn't get Mother 3 VC in April like on of their sources told them.

Peterc

Man, Trevelyan9999 is really tripling down on this.

https://twitter.com/SMetaldave64/status/759803617163354112

I hear his last youtube video and he doesn't deny the handheld rumors.

He did say "just the idea to connect a handheld to an TV doesn't make sense".

First, it already exist and didn't got any succes. Second because nintendo would move away from wiiu and 3ds.

I think there is more to it. The rumors could be true, but it's not yet the hugh things for the NX. 3rd party devs wouldn't be so happy about NX just because it's a handheld.

If we know that those rumors are comming from 3rd party devs, i can't believe that they doesn't know exactly what the nx can do.
Also about Emily, why being vague and say: "in some form factor". Why leaking vague things?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So the tech guys...Osiris had said devs can port X1/PS4 games to NX with little to no issue.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=203631027&postcount=1390

Does this lineup with the info we have from Eurogamer?

In terms of architecture or power? If its got a modern architecture and Nintendo's documentation is good then that should still fly regardless of if it needs to be downgraded to run...now do devs think that downgrading the game is worth it compared to the ease of porting code over to it is the question

Jinketsu

Because honestly Im questioning all this shit now..

As you should! Leaks and rumors only go as far as you can trust a person. Everyone involved has been debunked by one thing or another, and as such you should reserve all hopes and wait until the big reveal to know who exactly got it right. Even your most trustworthy outlet can be wrong.

Oddduck

MCV seems extremely confident in Eurogamer's info. MCV and Eurogamer aren't owned by the same company, and they aren't part of the same network (as far as I know), so I don't see what MCV would gain from claiming that Eurogamer's story is "100% correct".

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-nx-the-pros-and-cons-of-a-transforming-portable/0170297

MCV said:
As there still seems to be some debate about the veracity of Eurogamer’s claims, our aforementioned senior source assures us the site is “100 per cent correct”.

Ben Parfitt from MCV:

An unnamed colleague has had word from an unnamed senior source that Eurogamer's story is 100% spot on, as if there was any doubt.

https://twitter.com/BenParfitt/status/757957637266812930

The NX is exactly as Eurogamer describes

https://twitter.com/BenParfitt/status/758415312765190145

Wow, there really is a lot of hunger out there for Eurogamer to be wrong about the NX, huh? Well, bad news folks...

https://twitter.com/BenParfitt/status/758415594265911296

Discomurf

I'm reading his twitter and he seens pretty sure that Eurogamer, IGN, Kotaku and etc are wrong. That's not good to his rep if he ends up wrong.

I enjoy his videos a lot, however I think he may be wrong on this (or his sources are). Just knowing that Nintendo has never done what's obvious or expected... I remember people swearing that the Revolution would definitely support 1080p back in the day right up until the end. Lets face it, Nintendo does Nintendo things and sometimes its hard to admit and let go.

If the NX is indeed based on this 'mysterious custom Nvidia X2' chip well then maybe it is a lot more powerful then people expect.. and perhaps the dock can enhance things further with cooling. higher resolution output etc. -

Since he's also positive that the console is x86, there's no chance of this whatsoever. He's just being played like a fiddle.

No, but he might have heard that it can run all current gen engines (which it can) and assumed that it applied to games as well.
But what if was revealed and then that was it, like boom there it go. We can all talk shit and guess because we dont know anything.

As you should! Leaks and rumors only go as far as you can trust a person. Everyone involved has been debunked by one thing or another, and as such you should reserve all hopes and wait until the big reveal to know who exactly got it right. Even your most trustworthy outlet can be wrong.
true, honestly I dont even have hopes or dreams of what I want the console to be. I really dont. I am more interested in discussion of the validity of insiders with sources.. like

How do you fact check?
How do you make sure you aint getting false info?
What is your opinion of the source, personally?
Why do you trust them so much?

Like, its just too much bullshit floating around and unfortunately for every insider all they can say is, "my source told me" "Our sources say" Like how the fuck can you say OUR SOURCES.. Do you have multiple sources? Is your source a company or some entity.... man idk..

SOURCE
SOURCE SOURCE
SOUR SAUCE SWEET AND SOUR SOURCE

Eolz

Platform = OS?

And/or architecture. Which is what was most people were going for before the eurogamer leak (an handheld, a powerful console, both able to use same games or with few efforts to do a port).
edit: I don't think Reggie confirms or unconfirms anything in this interview tbh.

_PsiFire_

At this point I really couldn't care less what happens.

If there’s only a single SKU with this handheld and a base for TV-out functionality I'm in.

If there 1 are 2 more SKUs then all the better!...ie a console SKU with a custom Nvidia Pascal based SOC being used at full power or a 3rd being HH and console packaged together which would benefit gamers with Nvidia Gamestream..

I'm so f'ing in regardless!

FStubbs

Rösti;212028882 said:
I made a simple timetable of when new information may emerge. It can perhaps be useful:

nxtimetabletlsaw.png

Let me know if more events can be added.

LOL EA. I think even Epic and Bethesda would be on board with NX before EA would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom