• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
excited as fuck for these 3 matches, they're gonna be fucking wild

america vs japan might actually be doable given the format and how in-shape the japanese guys are- they're all serious matches for team gods barring chou. unless apologyman sweeps the shit out of them because they don't know how to escape the firebrand unblockable (god i hope that doesn't happen)

dual kevin beat fchamp in two ft5s in a row and he's a deadpool player
mixup is lol and no matter the result im gonna get good laughs out of it
There is no escaping my unblockables. ;-D

Did someone make a video about how to get out of the Skull ones?

bodine1231

tumblr_nlyj713UPa1ttngw4o1_500.gif

for Smug

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I might have Saturday off from work. Let's go baby EVO hype all weekend!

Seyavesh

There is no escaping my unblockables. ;-D

Did someone make a video about how to get out of the Skull ones?
i don't know if anyone ever made a video but it's pretty known among strong tournament players nowadays by nature of 'oh hey there's an answer to this shit' once they saw fchamp start using the escapes

now doing the harder but resource-less escapes without having practiced it a lot is a different story altogether since the xfc one is actually really easy and works on both versions of the firebrand/skrull unblockable setup (meaty assist and nonmeaty assist)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wait, prog is gonna be there? I thought he retired!

Commentating takes a lot of energy for him but he's still there hanging out and kicking it with people and also competing apparently. Who knows, if he's up for it he might even do some commentating.

I haven't been keeping up too closely with SF, but how is Luffy's prospects of going all the way again? Either way, I'm pulling for Bonchan, PR Balrog or Smug because those characters are great.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AnimEVO is not just anime, it's basically a list of all the side tournaments. Doesn't really need it's own thread. Once streams are up. People will post what is going on in various streams accordingly. Once streaming info is finalized for EVO itself I will post it.

I could add anything to the misc section. That's why it's there. Basically anything related to EVO.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
AnimEVO is not just anime, it's basically a list of all the side tournaments. Doesn't really need it's own thread. Once streams are up. People will post what is going on in various streams accordingly.

Sort of true, except any discussion of the smaller titles disappears behind 3 pages in 20 seconds of YO DAAMMN KAPPA when someone punches someone in Marvel.

RIP EXVS
and Weiss
discussion ; _ ; 7

AnimEVO is not just anime, it's basically a list of all the side tournaments. Doesn't really need it's own thread. Once streams are up. People will post what is going on in various streams accordingly. Once streaming info is finalized for EVO itself I will post it.

I could add anything to the misc section. That's why it's there. Basically anything related to EVO.

Kadey if you want to include the old man wheelchair races there's some info here:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/05/evo...e-tournament-announced-registration-now-live/
No stream info or actual times yet unfortunately

Edit: I see the listing in the animeevo website. Carry on

I haven't been keeping up too closely with SF, but how is Luffy's prospects of going all the way again? Either way, I'm pulling for Bonchan, PR Balrog or Smug because those characters are great.

His chances of winning are low but he has a decent chance of placing top 8.

Enron

Banned

So everything in one thread? Those of us that care about the EXVS side tourney, for example, will just get drowned out by others watching bigger games :(

cj_iwakura

So everything in one thread? Those of us that care about the EXVS side tourney, for example, will just get drowned out by others watching bigger games :(

I think it's a sound argument. I'm perfectly cool with an AnimEvo thread. The hype does tend to get squashed in the big threads. Any objections?

I think it's a sound argument. I'm perfectly cool with an AnimEvo thread. The hype does tend to get squashed in the big threads. Any objections?
IMO, ask Shouta first. He is the mod that handles fighting game stuff. I see sound reasoning in having a second thread. Evo is getting big.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
i want to see poongko take usf4. i would like to see nemo take marvel just for the salt.

x04LsUj.gif

fragmentation of the fgc showing it's head at evo gaf. rip

It's not really fragmentation. My post was a joke but it's kind of true. The threads start to move as fast as twitch chat any it's hard to have any discussion that isn't about the main or second stream.

I don't care either way since IRC is the superior place for Evo discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom