• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

vcGIiwP.jpg

Codeblue

Does this double as our Evo meet up thread? Want to try to get some Smash 4 going with people here without my internet ruining the experience.

Also root for me and not Professor Beef.

Qvoth

Lol at kazunoko under gg notable players and poongko under tekken's

Gonna root for tokido and daigo mainly for sf5, but I'm expecting infiltration to win again, I think his loss against tokido on ceo will relight his fire

Numb

Lol at kazunoko under gg notable players and poongko under tekken's

Gonna root for tokido and daigo mainly for sf5, but I'm expecting infiltration to win again, I think his loss against tokido on ceo will relight his fire
Poongko is tearing it up with Akuma in Tekken
Won't be surprised if he makes it to top 8

creatchee

I only hope for Salty Suite Shenanigans half as good as last year's. Is Red Bull doing it again or is it back to disrepute?

Sami+

Btw genuine Tekken question- what're the chances of seeing Shaheen in Top 8? I've never played Tekken before but I'm Arab and am interested because he looks cool af lol. Wanna see top level play w/ commentary to understand the game.

Line_HTX

The Shaheen player will have to know his matchups and opponents to even try to make it to Top 8. I don't know what has changed in FR from vanilla though.

Btw genuine Tekken question- what're the chances of seeing Shaheen in Top 8? I've never played Tekken before but I'm Arab and am interested because he looks cool af lol. Wanna see top level play w/ commentary to understand the game.

Chances...decent.

Shaheen was top tier in the previous version of the game and got nerfed in this version. He's still good enough to compete though, it's just a matter of which players actually make it up there.

Top 8 will be 8 Akumas.

It's possible but hard to say. This new version of the game has only been out for a couple of weeks. He was top tier in the previous version.

Also, any word on who is commentating on the ESPN broadcast?

Line_HTX

NO Mishimas or Bryan in Grand Finals

Elphelt and/or Jack-O dominating Top 8

Best Morrigan Christ G wins.

I hope these all happen, lol

Rajang

Amazing OT.

Will be mainly watching for SFV and Tekken 7.

Rooting for Tokido and Daigo but Infiltration is probably the favorite to take it.

For T7, I hope GAF's own ZTS will do well. Good luck man, cant wait to watch your Claudio again.

Other than that, I'd love to see Knee do better than Nobi this time. And hopefully JDCR got some good practice in with Heihachi.

My first Evo and I'm going 0-2.
latest

See you at EVO, y'all

root for me in smash 4, fuck a zero

Good luck guys.

Yoo, wtf.

Kumubou

The Shaheen player will have to know his matchups and opponents to even try to make it to Top 8. I don't know what has changed in FR from vanilla though.
What, you mean Shaheen just can't mash on u+3 and get paid?

I'm kind of sad my Tekken 7 pool is so late -- I probably won't be able to play in it because I'll be too busy running other stuff. Oop aaw.

//ARCANUM

I'll be at my first ever EVO! Very excited. Going to be covering the event for work. (For something that's going to go live / be announced today ^_^)

kirblar

Justin is 1st Seed on the Capcom Cup standings. His lighter bracket's a direct result of that. One of the Cannons explained what was up on r/kappa.

Jamie OD

Stoked to watch as much as I can this weekend although the timezones for me are killer when it comes to Top 8 stuff. Might even get a chance to show the Smash pools to a few of my friends who love the games but aren't aware of the competitive scene. They'll probably hate it for stripping out all the gimmicks though.

Is the brackets link in OP the best way to keep track of results? I'd love a stream to have a ticker at the bottom that would regularly update matches that happen off screen. I guess that would be a nightmare for the organizers to put together.

Don't go 0-2 Woolie. Or any of the 4 Irish players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom