• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Examples of great contemporary pixel art

retroman

dkh_cadillac_jump.gif

dkh_cadillac.gif

Amazing artwork in this topic. I love the Attack The Block one on the first page. I should dig out done of the Hyper Light Drifter screenshots I took.

Every time I get into this thread I feel like a kid at a candy store. :) "I want this, and this, ooooh and this too". Pixel art is love. Pixel art is life.

Children of morta is gorgeous. I'm playing some of the early alpha backer version and it's really pretty.

tumblr_nd2obckE7L1u0scevo5_1280.gif

0CoM_00.jpg

How's the game itself? I'm quite excited about it; it looks amazing but I want to know if the gameplay lives up to it.

Also, I was recently made aware of Pharaoh Rebith +, a game that seems to have flown under a lot of radars including mine. It looks frankly amazing (check the Steam page trailer):
Pharaoh%E2%80%99s-Rebirth-4.jpg

Pharaoh%E2%80%99s-Rebirth-2.jpg

PHARAOHREBIRTHPLUS-45.jpg

PHARAOHREBIRTHPLUS-07.jpg

prebirth20.jpg

ss_4244ea1036c3828c54b11995f29d837ef94ad08f.1920x1080.jpg

PHARAOHREBIRTHPLUS-19.jpg

PHARAOHREBIRTHPLUS-03.jpg

missile

Pixelized Defocusing Blur
(needs pixel perfect mapping to view properly)

zw3A.png

l714.png

Additionally, the images are of 256 colors only.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well since this thread popped up again here's something i'm working on,does it look good enough? The red/yellow thing is lava(blurred beacuse of the heat) in case it's not clear lol! Take into account that's really early, so it's all work in progress, the ground lacks a border(i'm not going to make it so straight! XD) the ui is temp the sprite isn't finished and so on, also the sprite is more red than normal because of the atmosphere.
aaa.png

Top Bottom