• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Excluding Zelda, what game is worth buying a Switch at launch?

Is anyone not buying Zelda for Switch at launch?
What game(s) do you think a worth owning a Switch at launch if Zelda wasn't there?
Do you already own a Wii U?

TheMoon

If you don't care about Zelda, you're not buying a Switch at launch. That simple.

Unless you're into early-adopting any and all new gadgets.

I've advised most people I know to hold off until christmas. By then the Switch library looks quite healthy, hopefully some surprises announced at E3 also drop.

At launch though I'm planning on picking up Bomberman and Snipperclips.

Edit - Alongside Zelda of course.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
None. I'll be getting I am Setsuna at launch as well, but that's hardly worth a new console.

He might disagree, though:

05WqxAW.gif

Dystify

Currently known launch games list (In the West)

C29xXlLXgAEJBJg.png

I'll definitely get Zelda. Maybe Bomberman. I'll get Snipperclips, Fast RMX and Shovel Knight too but those launch later in March.

Seik

Banned
I'm going with Bomberman!

Playing Bomberman online like I did in the 20's will be the best feeling. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah and probably Binding of Isaac because that physical edition.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly Super Bomberman R is the only other game I'm getting on launch for a while. If it wasn't being subsidized by the credit I was getting from the Wii U I wouldn't get a switch though really.

Lol I love this argument.

"Excluding the biggest, most ambitious game Nintendo has ever made, to serve my argument, what other game is worth getting?"

No comprendo.

Crom

What game(s) do you think a worth owning a Switch at launch if Zelda wasn't there?

Systems usually don't launch with a ton of killer software.

Zelda is the best launch title on any console (if it lives up to even 60% of the hype) that I can remember in the last 20 years.

That would be like asking If the original Xbox didn't launch with Halo what other launch game would have made the Xbox worth owning.

Kyzer

Banned
System sellers are extremely few and far between, Zelda is probably the best launch title killer app since Super Mario World. Finding a single game to name thats worth spending $299 for is going to be very hard

joms5

This.

Given the price of the console, plus the accessories I would say wait till Christmas at least. But even I can't justify buying a console for 2 games.

Do what I do. Buy all the software you want. And when the console gets a price drop or a good deal then pick one up. Unless you feel you need to be a part of all that day 1 hype bollocks.

phanphare

Banned
unless you just want a new console to play with it's just Zelda

I'm also getting Binding of Isaac physically but that's not something you buy a brand new console for

but yeah it's all Zelda baby. if that doesn't do it for you just wait it out.

kadotsu

Banned
Binding of Isaac is probably your best bet. That game takes forever and should help you with the many software droughts the Switch will have.

Kilau

Gold Member
I don't think so and since I'm getting Zelda on Wii U there is no reason to get a switch.

Lizardus

Currently known launch games list (In the West)

C29xXlLXgAEJBJg.png

I'll definitely get Zelda. Maybe Bomberman. I'll get Snipperclips, Fast RMX and Shovel Knight too but those launch later in March.

Looking at this, just Zelda for me. MAYBE I am Setsuna if there is a physical release.

Here's hoping for a surprise MHXX port announcement for launch.

jonno394

Don't buy it unless you want Zelda. If you don't want Zelda then definitely hold fire.

I wan't Zelda, I don't have a Wii U, so my mind is made up. I'm also buying plenty of the other launch day games though!

Dystify

Looking at this, just Zelda for me. MAYBE I am Setsuna if there is a physical release.

Here's hoping for a surprise MHXX port announcement for launch.

The game launches on 3DS March 18 in Japan and you expect an English Switch version March 3rd?

Kyzer

Banned
Ill be picking up I am Setsuna, and possibly splitting 1,2 switch with a friend for drinking game shenanigans

eaise

Neo Member
Other than Zelda, Bomberman and Snipperclips are both cool games to play at launch. And if 1-2 Switch has games you'll enjoy then pick that up too

m4st4

The answer to that question is pretty simple, if you're buying Switch at launch you're doing it for Zelda + maybe some extra games like 1,2 Switch, Afterbirth+ etc. No Zelda at launch - bye-bye Switch (at least Day one).

JB2448

None for me. Would've been an even funnier thread if Nintendo 64 was launching

"Excluding Mario, what game makes N64 worth buying at launch?"

*crickets*

But yeah, if you have a Wii U, don't buy a Switch for Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or Splatoon 2. Wait until Mario Odyssey.

If you don't have a Wii U, those games are masterworks that are absolutely deserving of your time and money (okay, I don't have a time machine in Splatoon 2's case, but if it's as iterative a sequel as it looks to be so far, I can confidently state that it's worth your time and money). Once at least three games that you want for the system and can't find anywhere else are out, pick it up. Same as any other game console in this day and age.

I'm going with Bomberman alongside Zelda. I have a Wii U already.

Was hoping Puyo Puyo Tetris would be launch day in the West but we gotta wait a bit.

Top Bottom