• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extensive Persona 5 Demo Gameplay and Story Details [BIG SPOILERS]

DNAbro

http://personacentral.com/extensive-persona-5-demo-gameplay-and-story-details/

There is a lot here and there is quite a bit that could be considered spoilers. The gameplay spoiler spoils the Fool Co-op if you are sensitive to keeping that secret

Unsourced

You can save anywhere when you’re at your place using the menu. There’s no calendar or specific save point to access.
You can display a bigger version of the top right map.
Each character’s gun has different uses.
In the skills menu screen, the illustration is the MC sitting stretching his legs on a table.

Via @P_Tukihi

When defending in battle, Morgana rolls into a ball.
The assist button makes you automatically switch Personas and target the enemy’s weakness.

Via @753Anko

When opening a chest, Morgana will climb MC’s shoulder to look what’s inside the chest.
When Morgana runs their legs have a wheel like animation.

Via @KammNANAO

Just like in previous games with Social Links, the higher the Coop rank the higher the bonuses you get when fusing personas of that arcana.
“If you rank up the Igor co-op, it increases the number of persona you can carry”

Via @Yutamp0p

“The Personas I fought are Onmoraki, Korobokkuru, Apusarasu, Kahaku, Mokoi.”
“MC owned the Personas: Arsène, Shiruki, Sakimitama, Koppatengu.”

Via 2ch

In a Palace, if the search gauge gets up to 100%, you get told that it’s too dangerous to continue and the game forces you to leave the Palace.
Doing Igor’s Coops unlocks all the base Persona functions: the skill for negotiating with Personas, then the skill for Persona fusion, then one for getting more experience.
Ranking up Igor’s Coop also allows you to carry more Personas and also gives you the Third Eye skill.
One of Mishima’s coop skill is that characters not in the active party will still get experience
Sojiro can make you coffee. It’s an item that restores SP.
Morgana’s Coop skill allows you to make items in your room.
When you’re about to fail a negotiation, An will help you by giving you advice.
Like how some Coop characters give you new skills, ranking up the Coops with the other playable characters will get you skills too. There’s a skill that makes them defend you from a hit like in past games.

Via p5jouhoukyoku

The dungeon have a lot of gimmicks, but you don’t need to worry about missing things, because when you activate Third Eye it points out everything that can be interacted with.
The characters react to treasure boxes or items.
When you’re hidden, if you move the camera it will automatically target other places where you can hide so you can move from blind spot to blind spot.
Ryuji’s animation when you open a chest: He approaches MC’s back and look over his shoulder.
In Safe Rooms there’s cool strategy meeting like conversations.
If you play with headphones, be careful not to mix up left and right side, because the way the camera is positioned changes the direction sounds are coming from.

STORY SPOILERS
This is from the first 1 hour 30 minutes-2hours of the game according to people. Some pretty significant stuff happens.
Story Details
Via @HeroTakana, translated by Nekketsu Nikki

The title screen is an underground subway station. All the characters in their thief forms slowly gather in it, including one in a plague doctor’s mask. Trains run in the station and when you press start the trains stop. (Editor’s Note: The original source appears to suggest that the characters only appear as grey silhouettes wearing white masks.)

The parents of MC are friends with one of Sojiro’s customers. He doesn’t really welcome MC and just tell him “Listen to what I say” and “Don’t cause any problems”, and seems he got money from MC’s parents to cover MC’s expenses. The protagonist comes to Hideto for his one year under probation. His school nicknamed Shuujin is in Aoyama. When it rains, Sojiro tells MC to not forget his umbrella, and he makes him breakfast everyday, the same curry rice sold in the café. He keeps his distance from MC but at the same time still looks out for him. For example, the room he prepared for the MC has an attic, but he didn’t clean it at all before MC’s arrival, and it’s full of dust. Also, he seems like a playful person, or the type that doesn’t have other men’s numbers in his cellphone, he wears white suits or pink shirts with a white hat too. Nakata(Jouji)’s acting is very amazing too.

The MC remembers how he ended up living at Sojiro’s place:
There’s a woman being assaulted by a drunk man screaming “Help me!” to MC. The man says something like “the police does whatever I say, you’ll regret this” implying he’s someone with lot of influence explaining why the MC ended up getting a criminal record.
The scenes never show the full face of the drunk man who assaulted the woman, so maybe he’ll appear later. MC is in prison sleeping, with the same t shirt he was wearing when he got arrested.

All the following is 2D animated: The scene changes to Nijiima Sae speaking with an important looking person. They’re talking about how recently there’s been a lot of incidents involving people suddenly going wild, and this case might be related to this. Then the man invites Sae to eat together, but she declines saying she already has an appointment planned. Then someone else says “I want to eat sushi, as a treat for making me, a student, work until this late”. Sae answers “the ones that spins right?” and the other person answers “eeeh” with a really unpleasant face.

Then it’s the 1st day of school:
You need to change trains at Shibuya station to take the Ginza line to Aoyama, where the school is located, but the writer got lost.
The calendar still says 20XX just like in the PVs.
Masses of transparent NPC can be passed through and don’t hinder movement. Also when you speak to someone or hear people’s gossip, some will stop on purpose to listen while avoiding your gaze.

2D animated: You meet Anne for the first time when getting out of the train station near school. It’s raining and you’re taking shelter from the rain, and she runs over with her hood on to shelter herself form the rain as well. MC stares at her. She removes her hood and he sees that’s she’s quarter Japanese and he stares at her even more. Even though she’s glared at so much, instead of getting angry, Anne just responds with a smile, showing she’s strong. Or maybe she’s used to it? Then Kamoshida comes over in his car, says something to Anne, and she gets in the passenger seat. The car leaves, and Ryuji comes running saying “that pervert teacher!”. And the Isekai Navi app starts up. Ryuji talks badly to the MC but then realizes he’s a transfer student and his attitude become nicer. They head out in the rain to school.

But the school has transformed into Kamoshida Palace:
When entering, they get surrounded and caught by people in knight like armor. Then the screen splits in two like in old style movies, shows the calendar flipping quickly, and goes back to the scene of the MC being interrogated by Sae san in the interrogation room.

Back to the past, MC is in a jail, and Kamoshida, dressed like in PV4, comes over with troops, saying he’ll execute MC. It feels like something happened before between Kamoshida and Ryuji. MC and Ryuji are onesidedly getting beaten up, and when it seems Ryuji will die, MC hears Arsène’s voice. Arsène tells MC “Was that a mistake?” MC gets into a monologue saying there’s no way this was wrong. I’ll never forgive this world. There’s no way it’s wrong to save someone screaming at you telling you to save them. After that MC rips his mask and changes into his thief outfit etc like in PV2, and a battle starts, enemy is a Jack Lantern.

After the battle ends, MC untransforms back to his school uniform. He runs away with Ryuji, then suddenly someone calls them. It’s Morgana. They talk about how it’s a cat, and it gets really angry . Morgana says something like “return the distortion”. Then, the two takes Morgana’s hands and Morgana makes them escape. Morgana stays inside though, saying it has something to do.

Ryuji and MC are back in an alley. It’s not morning anymore but already noon. A policeman suddenly calls out to them. Ryuji is about to tell everything that just happened to the policeman, but MC stops him and hides the truth. They go to school. Apparently someone posted about MC on the net and there’s rumors about him, so everyone whispers about him when he passes them at school, saying stuff like “he has a criminal record”. Everyone avoids him. They talk about him as if he shoplifts alcohol and cigarettes regularly, it’s impressive. Also MC walks with his hands in pocket like you see in PVs, and he plays with his bangs or hit vertically his left feet on the ground.

Then something with Sadayo (a female teacher) happens. Apparently she’s not nice towards MC, but she becomes a coop later so this will change. After school, Ryuji calls out MC to the school rooftop. He says he knows how it is to be treated like a problem child, then they talk about the other world, then their conversation ends. Also there’s a desk in the corner of the rooftop, implying it was already used a reunion spot or base before. However now it’s actually off limits, but Ryuji got a spare key.

MC returns to café Leblanc, where he stays at. Sojiro is angry at MC, he’s not yelling though, just saying something about not making problems. Sojiro gets a call, possibly from a woman, then closes shop and the day ends. There, MC gets to Velvet Room. Igor tells him he’s the one who gave him the Isekai Navi app, and that’s it.

Next day, MC goes to school too, and you don’t need to do the changing train lines part anymore, it’s automatic. The questions you get asked in class are actually hard. After school, Ryuji is waiting for MC at the school gate, saying they’ll go look for the “castle”, but no matter how many times they go through the same path as the day before, they don’t find it. Then they remember that Isekai Navi activated back then so MC activates it with his phone, and Kamoshida Palace appears in place of the school. The visual effect is like the screen getting blurry, and a hole opening in real space. The visual effect inside Palace is similar to P3 during the midnight hour. MC transforms into his thief outfit. You got a choice there, and you can tell Ryuji “You’re jealous right?” and Ryuji says “I’m not!”. They meet Morgana again, who tells them that the Palace is modeled after how the owner of the Palace sees the world: Kamoshida sees the school as his castle, and the students as his servants. And it’s the same for the protagonists too, and their thieves forms are the representation of their true nature when removing the masks on their hearts. Their true nature are thieves.

They go back to the cells they were imprisoned at yesterday, and they see tons of students in them. Ryuji asks one of them what’s happening, he says they’re getting tortured because Kamoshida is in a bad mood after letting MC escape yesterday. Ryuji wants to help them, and Morgana says that if they meet MC later they should help him. MC agrees. They keep moving and Morgana teaches MC things along the way. They get to a place called “the learning field”. There’s a big horizontal banner saying “Kamoshida’s learning field”. And yet there’s terrible screams coming from the inside, screams begging someone to please stop, it’s impossible, etc. When they get inside, they see a huge volleyball court, with people being beaten, people with cogwheels stuck in their back and being forced to run on running machines, stuff you could see in Catherine except they’re people not sheep. And they’re all people related to the Volleyball Club. Then there’s a flashback about Kamoshida speaking to the principal of the school. The principal says that the Volleyball Club has a lot of achievements, and that Kamoshida is the one thanks to who the school is popular. And the reason everyone was giving glances at MC at school was because Kamoshida sensei told them to spread rumors about him. Apparently Kamoshida sensei made the Volleyball team win the gold medal at the nationwide tournament, so everyone at school feels like they can’t defy him, hence what was said above about him thinking they’re his slaves etc. MC and Ryuji try to take pictures of what’s happening but it doesn’t work, so Ryuji says he’ll just remember every people’s face. They go to the exit and leave.

But Kamoshida was waiting for them in ambush at the exit. MC and Morgana fights him but are having a hard time, and end being defeated. Ryuji tries a desperate suicide attack on Kamoshida but gets repelled.

Next, there’s a dialogue between Kamoshida and Ryuji, the writer says he doesn’t remember it word by word but it’s more or less what was said:

Kamoshida says to Ryuji, calling him “Ace sama”,(ironically reminding him of his old Track&Field Ace status): “These two would have got swallowed up in your ideas anyway, just like the Track&Field club you ruined because of your sudden outburst of violence. Even though I took special care in advising you”.
Ryuji:”That wasn’t training! It was corporal punishment!”
Kamoshida: “That was also a form of advising. That’s why I stopped with crushing only one of your legs. Do you want me to break the other one?”

Ryuji is speechless and surprised.
Kaomshida: “Only my Volleyball Club should get achievements, the others are an eyesore.”

Ryuji says this means it’s this guy’s fault that I’m never gonna be able to run races again? Even though I was the ace? Even though I had the strength to aim for the national competitions? Because of his corporal punishment when he was my adviser? Everything was stolen away from me, just because his social status in the school was threatened? For this unilateral reason? He probably secretly schemed to become our adviser too, and the school covered it up. He’s using the students as his guards too. Don’t screw with me! Then Morgana tells Ryuji to do just like he says. Ryuji hears Captain Kidd’s voice and screams in agony, then peels off his mask and awakens his Persona. He says: “If I have this power, I can have my revenge!”

EDIT: Some corrections of above story spoilers
Worth pointing out that a user called Piejin in PersonaCentral corrected mistakes in the translation.

I know you guys get information wherever you can, but just a heads up that there are a lot of mistakes/additions from the translation you used! For example:

*遊び人 doesn't mean playful person, it generally means a playboy/player.
*The original Japanese article clearly mentions that Sae is talking to Akechi after she turns down the guy for dinner, so I'm not sure why the person translating it kept it vague.
*Kamoshida just asks Ann if she'll get in the car.
*"MC gets into a monologue saying there’s no way this was wrong. I’ll never forgive this world. There’s no way it’s wrong to save someone screaming at you telling you to save them. " This does not happen. This is the author's personal thoughts about how they feel about the situation, which they say after this bit in the original.
*They left out that Morgana claims to be human/ it seems like Morgana's claims of being a person might be true?
*"However now it’s actually off limits, but Ryuji got a spare key." They actually just say that it was left unlocked.
*Igor's personality is very different from before, and he no longer seems like a friendly old man. He feels more like a main character, and he refers to MC as "omae."
*"Ryuji wants to help them, and Morgana says that if they meet MC later they should help him" Morgana actually just says that as long as MC will come along, Morgana is willing to help.
*"They get to a place called “the learning field”. There’s a big horizontal banner saying “Kamoshida’s learning field”." The Japanese is more like "Kamoshida's Order of Love" of "Kamoshida's Holy Grounds of Love."
*"people with cogwheels stuck in their back and being forced to run on running machines" People being forced to run on treadmills that have spikes in the back.
*the battle with Kamoshida shows a new type where you start off surrounded by enemies
*"Then Morgana tells Ryuji to do just like he says." Morgana does the opposite and spurs Ryuji on by asking him if he's really fine just going with what he's told.

Zolo

tumblr_md1eb45PFU1qi173f.gif

You already have BIG SPOILERS in the title. No reason to use spoiler tags. We can't really have discussion without using it everywhere in this thread anyway.

DNAbro

tumblr_md1eb45PFU1qi173f.gif

You already have BIG SPOILERS in the title. No reason to use spoiler tags. We can't really have discussion without using it everywhere in this thread anyway.

you know people will complain regardless. Some people might just want to see the gameplay spoilers anyways.(which I don't really consider that a spoiler except for the fool co-op, but that's a minor thing)

So Co-op Features essentially unlock major gameplay elements? Interesting choice to get the folks involved.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
This is gonna be a roooouuuuugh wait until February for the Na variant.

Gonna be hard to avoid all the spoilers come September.

Kinsei

Banned
So Co-op Features essentially unlock major gameplay elements? Interesting choice to get the folks involved.

They were already moving in that direction in P4 by having your parties upgraded persona's and the cost of healing tied to certain S. Links. I'm glad they're going further with it.

Kintor

Banned
Wow, that's a lot of spoilers. Thanks for posting OP.

I like the descriptions of 'Kamoshida Palace' in the text; I can't wait to see what this area actually looks like.

It's been a long wait for Persona 5 but I'm confident that the wait has definitely been worth it.

aadiboy

Anne being quarter Japanese seems kind of weird. Like Snake from MGS having Asian ancestry. It's like Japan can't like a character unless they're part Japanese.

-Horizon-

Hmm, I wonder if that search mechanic is only for that particular dungeon as it's gimmick or if that applies to the other ones too. Either way I hope it's not too annoying in how long you can stay in that area before having to bail.

Hmm, I wonder if that search mechanic is only for that particular dungeon as it's gimmick or if that applies to the other ones too. Either way I hope it's not too annoying in how long you can stay in that area before having to bail.

It's at least a feature in the first two dungeons.

CSX

Making not just some but ALL social links useful gameplay wise beyond bonus exp sounds so sick.

And that beginning first dungeon....sounds fucked up holy shit

SoulUnison

Banned
Nope. Not doing it. No way.

Oh god. How will I last until February?

Persona 4 was spoiled for me before it made it to North America - I've been trying to stay blind on FF15 and P5 for years and years, now.

Probably going to spoiler this whole thing even though it's just a theory. Could be right though:

It is likely this sets up Ann's story for the first dungeon. We know that she is being harassed by the gym teacher. This is likely the setup for that. Then you rescue her in the dungeon and cause her to find her true self and what not. Nice introductory dungeon and setup.

Cool thing is that Ryoji's story mirrors a lot of pirate stories. Many pirate captains were prominent military men or members of society who got shafted. Looks like Ryuji got his leg broke and his dreams of track and field forever erased. That's a harsh punishment to be certain.

DNAbro

Probably going to spoiler this whole thing even though it's just a theory. Could be right though:

It is likely this sets up Ann's story for the first dungeon. We know that she is being harassed by the gym teacher. This is likely the setup for that. Then you rescue her in the dungeon and cause her to find her true self and what not. Nice introductory dungeon and setup.

Cool thing is that Ryoji's story mirrors a lot of pirate stories. Many pirate captains were prominent military men or members of society who got shafted. Looks like Ryuji got his leg broke and his dreams of track and field forever erased. That's a harsh punishment to be certain.

I like the pirate parallel. His persona now makes a bit more sense.

Verder

man i swear to god atlus.

how tf am i gonna avoid spoilers for this game for 5 months.

BET im gonna see the last boss on the side in youtube as a recommendation video .

FAUCK

man i swear to god atlus.

how tf am i gonna avoid spoilers for this game for 5 months.

BET im gonna see the last boss on the side in youtube as a recommendation video .

FAUCK

Maybe you can find this game in an alternate universe where it got released in 2015.

Zolo

Worth pointing out that a user called Piejin in PersonaCentral corrected mistakes in the translation.

I know you guys get information wherever you can, but just a heads up that there are a lot of mistakes/additions from the translation you used! For example:

*The original Japanese article clearly mentions that Sae is talking to Akechi after she turns down the guy for dinner, so I'm not sure why the person translating it kept it vague.
*"MC gets into a monologue saying there’s no way this was wrong. I’ll never forgive this world. There’s no way it’s wrong to save someone screaming at you telling you to save them. " This does not happen. This is the author's personal thoughts about how they feel about the situation, which they say after this bit in the original.
*They left out that Morgana claims to be human/ it seems like Morgana's claims of being a person might be true?
*"However now it’s actually off limits, but Ryuji got a spare key." They actually just say that it was left unlocked.
*Igor's personality is very different from before, and he no longer seems like a friendly old man. He feels more like a main character, and he refers to MC as "omae."
*"Ryuji wants to help them, and Morgana says that if they meet MC later they should help him" Morgana actually just says that as long as MC will come along, Morgana is willing to help.
*"They get to a place called “the learning field”. There’s a big horizontal banner saying “Kamoshida’s learning field”." The Japanese is more like "Kamoshida's Order of Love" of "Kamoshida's Holy Grounds of Love."
*"people with cogwheels stuck in their back and being forced to run on running machines" People being forced to run on treadmills that have spikes in the back.
*the battle with Kamoshida shows a new type where you start off surrounded by enemies
*"Then Morgana tells Ryuji to do just like he says." Morgana does the opposite and spurs Ryuji on by asking him if he's really fine just going with what he's told.

Nice, yea I don't hold it against early translations for being a little off. That's not a big deal, you could get the playboy thing from the context of the sentence. More complete translations will come and normally there's a couple analysis vids on youtube. Though lately those have been sparse.

Lynx_7

I don't know how I'm gonna cope with the months of waiting if I can barely contain myself from clicking these spoilers.
XV better be freaking amazing in order to distract me.

I understand wanting to avoid spoilers, but you clicked on the thread. This is the first 90 minutes of a probably 70 hour game. It really isn't a big deal.

RocBase

Just read it. Oh maaaan. If this game follows through with this amazing start, it will be my first example of a game being worth the years of wait.

Well the slightly comforting part is that we've been waiting for this in the US since winter 2015. If I came this far without too much spoilers, I can make it till Feb. Other VNs and games will aid in the wait.

The real waiting & dodging game has yet to even start though, once P5 drops in Japan it will be the longest 6 months ever.

DNAbro

Thanks for posting this

DNAbro

More details/impression

https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/persona-5-august-11-demo-event-spoilersimpressions/

source The first battle after MC awakens his persona is a tutorial, Arsène is the one speaking during it and explaining how to play.

Source There’s no automatic reload once you run out of bullets. Going out of the Palace back to the real world is the only way to reload your guns. The person adds it’s weird that model guns apparently shoot real bullets. (Maybe once you level up Shinya’s coop you’ll be able to carry more bullets, or get the ability to reload once per dungeon run. I’m sure there’s a coop skill like that.)

Source Morgana does a lot of tsukkomi.

persona 5 demo controls from @zeku3

Source Controls. I think we know them all already anyway. Including this for completion sake.

Source At the end of their impressions, they say they like Ryuji now. Pointing this out because I saw a lot of people saying in their impressions they didn’t really like Ryuji at first, but started to like him after trying out the game. IIRC he got one of the lowest scores on the niconico live popularity vote at the end of the take the treasure event.

Source In the save the staff loads after 1h30, the one that takes place in the art gallery dungeon, An had a whip sword as her close range weapon.

From the 2ch thread:
765:

The game advances to the next day when you go to sleep at nightime. So maybe it’s possible to choose to not sleep and do more things instead?

Removing your mask yourself means you made a contract with your persona and awakened it.

The teachers treat MC like a problem child and the fact that he has a criminal record somehow leaked to the students. It seems the rumors about MC get even worse later on, because he starts hanging out with Ryuji who’s a problem child, and with An who’s being doubted by people because of her connection with Kamoshida sensei.

Morgana doesn’t know what it is and is trying to find out the answer by using MC and co.

This time the MC has a lot of mean answer choices. Like acting as if you don’t know Ryuji and telling him “who are you?” at a point in time when you already met many times before. Or say you can’t remember Morgana’s name and call it “Morumoru”.

778 & 779:
Morgana feels like Kuma with the “I don’t know what I am” thing, and it’s weird Morgana says stuff like that even though it also says it’s not a cat but human.

781:
Seems like An is a model, we don’t know what kind of model though.

New report published on August 11:
Unlike the one from last time, this is mostly spoiler free so it doesn’t have a lot of story details. However it has a lot of other info. I’m not including generic stuff like “Justine and Caroline are so cute! It’s cute how they’re loyal to Igor!”, “Sae is beautiful”, “MC’s persona awakening is so cool!”, “Morgana is so cute!”, “Jack Lantern says hoihoi and is so cute!”. (If you really want these kind of comments, this list was made from all the instances of “xx is cute” in the report, so in a sense I actually included them already)

There’s many events in the game when the controller’s vibration is used nicely, so the writer suggests it’s best to play with vibration on.

There’s a public bath in the neighborhood of Café Leblanc, so this may be the same public bath they’re in at the end of the E3 video.

Café Leblanc and Sojiro’s actual house aren’t the same building. Sojiro stays at the house and MC stays in Café Leblanc’s attic. Sojiro warns MC many times to not forget to lock the doors. (I got this wrong last post. MC’s room doesn’t have an attic. The café’s attic IS MC’s room. And Sojiro barely cleaned the attic before MC started living in it. This makes much more sense now.)

The attic is very dirty. Apparently it was cleaned but there’s still ton of dust that could have been cleaned.

MC’s luggage when moving in was only a single cardboard box.

The inner part of the attic doesn’t have a bed, just a mattress with something like a bed cover on it, so what the MC sleeps on is very crude.

MC has different clothes: his school uniform, his plain clothes, and pajamas. The pajamas don’t cover his neck and you can see his collarbones.

Igor’s in-game model is scary.

During that 2D animated scene with Sae and Goro talking about eating sushi I wrote about last time, Goro is holding an attaché-case. We don’t know why though.

At one point the next objective displayed is “behave and go to bed”, which made the writer laugh.

Sojiro san says things like “I don’t have seats available if it’s for men” and ” Saving a man’s phone number goes against my principles” and is a dandy. As expected of Jouji(Nakata).

The writer got lost in Shinjuku station when needing to change trains to go to school. They say they already went there many times IRL, and the station in the game is very close to the one IRL. The writer even already did IRL the exact same train line change you need to do in the game, so they didn’t get lost for long. However people who never went to Shibuya station IRL will definitely get lost for a long time. The reason you get lost is because at some point, the way the indications point to is blocked, so you’re forced to take another path. The best way to find your way is to ask station staff. The writer say that he actually got lost more at the beginning of the game when you need to find Sojiro’s house(which is different from Café Leblanc) and that if you have a bad sense of direction, you can get lost anywhere, just like IRL.
(I read “I got lost in Shinjuku station” in like 5 different reports by now. It’s gonna be really funny when the game gets out and tons of people get lost in the station)

Arsène has a lot of recorded lines. The battle right after MC’s persona awakening is a tutorial battle, and Arsène is the one who speaks to explain things. The writer thinks Arsène is someone else entirely instead of the MC’s other self like Orpheus in P3 and Izanagi in P4. It feels like Arsène awakened from the “soul of a rebel” dwelling inside MC. (This would mean he is indeed MC’s other self though. Not sure what the writer means.)

Before Arsène awakens, the scene with Ryuji in pain is very well done and the writer thanks Atlus and the Cero C rating.

When you meet Morgana, you have a choice where you can say “you’re a cat?”. Morgana will answer vividly “I’m not a cat!”. There’s a lot of comedy with MC being the boke and Morgana doing the tsukkomi.

Then the writer put in various things about the story in no particular order:

The writer thinks Sae san’s boss is very suspicious (the person she talks to on the phone at the start of the game in the 18m vid)

Kawakami sensei (teacher&maid) warns Ryuji telling him to dye his hair back to black, meaning his blonde hair isn’t natural

Mishima kun comes to class all beaten up. He has a band-aid on his right cheek, a scratch on his left cheek, his left arm is bandaged from the wrist to the elbow. And even though he’s injured, he’s still planning to go to club activities after school. During class, his desk is far away from MC’s, but for some reason he keeps staring at MC.

The game must have a new game +, because even at the beginning, there’s choices you could only pick if you have a high level enough of courage.

Ryuji wants to get along with MC because they think they’re similar, and because they’re both treated as problem childs(Ryuji was also a transfer student like MC)

It seems like An has a part time job as a model. It also seems she regularly goes to an hospital but we don’t know why. Kamoshida is worried thinking she might have appendicitis. An is busy to the point that it’s been a long while since she met her best friend, who is in a club and very busy as well. (Sadly, I guess this will spark more “An is a slut and does STD check ups in hospitals” or something like that trolls.)

Ryuji calls Morgana “Monamona”.

The second time you infiltrate the Palace with Ryuji, he brings a model gun. MC borrows it from him and it now allows MC to use guns in battle. The writer purposely omits the plot reason as to why it’s possible for a model gun to actually do damage. Also the writer jokes that the fact the first gun MC gets in the game is a present from Ryuji will give ideas to yaoi doujinshi authors.
(So this confirms all the characters don’t use real guns. Though I guess we already knew that, as the model gun shop where you buy the model guns obviously don’t sell real ones. Maybe Goro will have a real one though. As for the reason why model guns can do damage like real guns, it’s probably the power of imagination and manifesting what you think etc, like the Palace themselves. I can’t wait for when the game is released outside Japan, and 15 years old kids will say Persona 5 ripped off SAO)

When MC starts up Isekai Navi, he automatically transforms into his thief form? Morgana tells MC that he’s not used to it yet, so he should return to his student clothes for now. (not 100% sure about this last sentence)

The idle movement action of MC in a dungeon: He minds his own appearance and checks his clothes and touch his coat.

The writer played for around two hours in total, but didn’t get to the point where Ryuji awakens his persona. Instead, the staff person loaded another save. From the description of it, it was the save used for the 10m demo. The description fits everything I read about the 10m demo, the party being MC Morgana Ryuji An, all at level 14, Madarame Palace/art gallery dungeon, etc. There’s a few new things in the writer’s impressions though:

When you trigger an alarm, it’s not like enemies immediately jump on you, so if you’re careful it’s still possible to do get a preemptive attack and start the fight with the advantage. However, if the enemy gets the advantage, the battle will start in a state where you’re surrounded, and you won’t be able to escape the battle. And it starts with MC holding his butt in pain(I already wrote that in a previous post)

Often, when you’re about to kill demons in battle, they beg for their lives. If you hold them up at that point and ask them to lend you their power, it seems you have a near 100% chance of the negotiation succeeding and getting them as persona. If you ask them something they give you money. Demons talk in battle too(every single line isn’t voiced though, you can notice that in many official videos they published)

The Auto recover button you see in official screenshots: with one push, every character with recovery skills will use them to restore the party members’ health. Needless to say it consumes the necessary amount of SP. This is so you don’t have to open the menu and do it yourself. The writer say they don’t know if it recovers everyone to full health or not. (It does, it was officially confirmed before. Auto Recover function was described along with the dash function some weeks ago in a Dengeki Playstation magazine issue. It said that dash makes you move faster, and that the Auto Recover button restores everyone to full health with one push, to make your experience as a phantom thief smoother. Just as I and others guessed, they meant that in a way so you don’t have to bother opening the menu etc. It’s not free recovery.)

(In summary, Auto Recover button makes party members use their Persona’s skills to restore everyone to full health, using the corresponding amount of SP)

Writer talk about how the results screen’s BGM is cool. Which reminds them that the BGM during the tutorial battle was different than the usual battle BGM, and was very cool. They hope it’ll be in the OST release so they’ll be able to enjoy it.

Impressions about Madarame Palace’s scenery:

There’s an announcement like thing being played by speakers in the background. And there’s posters on the walls advertising Madarame’s exhibition, so maybe the palace is Madarame’s art exhibition.

It seems some portraits displayed are Madarame’s ex disciples, at least that’s what the writer deduced from a remark An says. There’s also a large portrait in a hall with someone that looks like Yusuke. His hair looks similar, however he’s wearing his summer school uniform and at that point they’re still wearing winter uniforms, so maybe that’s not Yusuke.(I don’t really think that’s a good argument, as it could have just have been painted more than a year ago)

There’s a portrait that when you examine, Ryuji says “If he knew he’s being thought of that way~…”, probably talking about Yusuke, meaning they probably already met him once.

(These seem to contradict that Madarame steals his students art, since this says the portraits were made by himself and portrays his students. Or maybe there’s pieces he made himself which portray his students, and also pieces he stole from his students.
Either I understood something wrong, or either the report where I read the “Madarame steals his students art” thing was wrong. It’s probably the former. Anyway no use thinking about it we’ll probably know once the game is out anyway)

It seems like the real place form of Madarame’s palace is an atelier. Sometimes the space inside the palace gets distorted and you can see a bit of the real version of it. You can see an art room with canvases and easels. (Like how Kamoshida Palace is where Shuujin school is supposed to be)

Writer say they played around 15 minutes this time, so around the same time as the 10 m demo. They regret they didn’t think about checking things like the coop menu.

RocBase

– Igor’s in-game model is scary.
lol

The reports on getting lost not only in the station but in the town itself have me cautiously optimistic for how big the scale of this game really is. Sounds amazing! Also,

– (I read “I got lost in Shibuya station” in like 5 different reports by now. It’s gonna be really funny when the game gets out and tons of people get lost in the station)
It really will be. Turns out that's the real game: find your way out of the station!

Not sure how I feel about the idea of Morgana questioning her existence a la Teddie, giving her the benefit of the doubt though on the basis that she at least appears waaaay cooler than him.

– There’s a portrait that when you examine, Ryuji says “If he knew he’s being thought of that way~…”, probably talking about Yusuke, meaning they probably already met him once.
Oh gosh... is Yusuke's mentor a potential pervert as well? At the very beginning when it was revealed he was living with his mentor, the thought did pop up at the back of my mind but ultimately didn't think much of it. Now this line has me really suspicious all of a sudden.

Top Bottom