• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2012 |OT| 2011 + 1

So one of the big improvements for F1 2012 doesn't even work? Steve and Lee tweeted non-stop about how the game finally handled great while using a controller and then apparently it's still shit? At least this game got 88% on GamesMaster where they call it "The Dark Souls of the racing world". Hilarious.
Well, to be fair, I'm used to the precision of a wheel. Someone who uses a joypad all the time can judge whether it's an improvement. I don't think they could do ANYTHING to match how the game feels on a wheel.

... I just hope it still feels as good with a wheel.

Can we not use some sort of FXAA/SMAA injector on PC to fix the piss filter?

Edit: I hope this game isn't nerfed on my GTX 680 in a similar fashion to Showdown.

Megasoum

Banned
Woohoo my subtitle! haha

And yuck Singapore, I HATE that track. I just CAN'T drive around that track for some reason. I have no problem going around Monaco super fast but I will hit every single walls in Singapore. Not a huge fan of Korea too...

Haven't played a lot on India but what I saw was all right.

I thought handling was supposed to be better in 2011?

Bit of a divide on that. Some people think 2010 is better, but after playing it again recently I think it's dog shit and 2011 was a huge improvement.

The brakes feel a lot like 2010. Like I said, I need to use a wheel before I judge, but I'm not fond of it at the moment.

Jibbed

You mean non-existent on all turns. :D

:/

Seriously right, what the hell have Codemasters been doing for a year? Aside from changing the handling balance for pad users, I'm having trouble finding any differences between this game and F1 2011.

Sure the menus look pretty, but that's about it.

DieH@rd

Banned
I would forgive warning system bugs if they would put high curbs on those corners... you know... LIKE ON A REAL MONZA F1 TRACK.

Foshy

:/

Seriously right, what the hell have Codemasters been doing for a year?

125102_M.jpg

DieH@rd

Banned
Yeah. Even without penalties, you would wreck yourself heavily if you would go over them, no matter how slow or fast you go.

Cuddler

Is there an achievement when Maldonado/Grosjean crash into you?
Fixed for accuracy.
Some dude doing a 1:21.9 in qualifying (-3 secs normal pace), looks like the warning system is non-existent on certain turns.
The warning system must be off, right???

I would forgive warning system bugs if they would put high curbs on those corners... you know... LIKE ON A REAL MONZA F1 TRACK.

Never noticed this, you are right, incredible, curbs are basically non-existent in Monza. Is like that for every other tracks in f1 2011?

Pad handling is good all apart from twitchy oversteer when trying to correct down a straight, otherwise I am taking corners like a pro, it's like the reaction speed of 2011 is there but because of the new grip it feels better, 2010 to compare feels like a tank.

Penalty system is much more strict this time, touching another car to have them spin off a few seconds later gives you a penalty, in 2010 and 2011 you can pass a car, push them into a wall and get away with it.

Lucius86

Banned
You could have had the rules either off, reduced or full. Reduced meant immediate time penalties, full meant Drive-Through penalties.

Staab

I don't recall you being able to turn off the warning system in 2010 or 2011.
The rules are set to "reduced".
I think there's hope in relation to the physics model because the fuel and tyre sim could indeed be set to OFF and that changes everything.

Still, 1 year for that, I think it's a joke, if online isn't pitch perfect, I ain't buying.

You could have had the rules either off, reduced or full. Reduced meant immediate time penalties, full meant Drive-Through penalties.

The rules are set to "reduced".
I think there's hope in relation to the physics model because the fuel and tyre sim could indeed be set to OFF and that changes everything.

Still, 1 year for that, I think it's a joke, if online isn't pitch perfect, I ain't buying.

I always thought reduced or off rules meant some of the main, basic rules still applied.

I'm going in with an open mind but even that I don't think is enough. Coming from the likes of GT5 and Race 07, even their own Dirt 3 game. F1 games have always been of a bad quality.

Sadly, there's always a very good game buried under all the bugs and shortcomings of Codemasters. But that only helps to annoy me more than make me hopeful for 2012.

The corner cutting is fucking embarrassing.

What exactly have they been doing for a year? And I thought last night maybe this OT was a little hyperbolic...

It's no wonder no PR people for this game have been posting about it here. Helios has even jumped ship to Turn10...

NHale

Just read here that tapping the brakes can help recover from spins like in 2010 - is that true for anyone who has the demo gaf?

Oh God! Don't tell me that the "hit the kerb and the car magically spins" returned as well?

It appears the OT title is wrong. This is 2010 + 1.

Maybe that wasn't common knowledge yet. Oops. (It's only what I've heard, not 110% sure on it. He's definitely left Codies though)

ANYWAY, F1 2012 is awesome folks yeah?

saladine1

It's no wonder no PR people for this game have been posting about it here. Helios has even jumped ship to Turn10...

What!?

Holy shit, didn't know that.

Fuck man, Codies going to shit..

Time to go back to your roots Codemasters. Forget this aiming at the casuals bullshit and bring back the true Colin Mcrae and Toca Race Drivers series...

NHale

They even removed features, you can no longer play a full season now, it's limited to 10 races.

What? That's Season Challenge, right? I believe Career Mode (full season) is still there or I'm just assuming it's there?

They can't be that stupid to remove the ability of doing a real F1 season in a F1 game.

Top Bottom