• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Why the hell am I watching Heavens Lost Property? So shitty...especially the almost plotless season 2. And yet here I am about to watch the movie.

cajunator

Banned
  • Code Geass 21
I love that the name of the drug is Refrain. It's just the right amount of cool for a street drug.

I just realized how much this show reminds me of Fire Emblem, with all the recruiting of EVERYBODY.

Isn't Euphie related to Lelouch as his half-sister or something...? ...Well it's already super weird with Nunnally in the first place saying what she just said.

"Festivals are necessary!" Even more VVV in this show.

"AH! Pizza." CC best girl confirmed...(?)

Stop being so melodramatic Ledouche. Or I guess that's too much to ask.

Great things not far ahead.
CC is the best girl.

Why the hell am I watching Heavens Lost Property? So shitty...especially the almost plotless season 2. And yet here I am about to watch the movie.

Sora no otoshimono is the greatest haremshit. Well its my favorite anyway.

Kill la Kill - 6
Minor spoilers:
Behold the power of my googly eyes!
Loved the color work in the
final battle
this episode.

KlK 6 was really nice. Somehow the music felt... better this time? Maybe it was just direction, but it was much more noticeable and on point.
The animation too, was at least better distributed throughout the episode and coupled with above average drawings for the show.

They were some great musical cues this ep like
when Mistress Ragyo is teased. I liked that new song as well which helped.

• Ledouche of the Smebelion 22
Sorry, I mean Japanese.

WHAT IS

Euphie you are a fool. An amazing fool.

I'm legit smiling at this scene. Why are things so happy all of a sudden. It kind of scares me.

OH MY GOSH

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP OH MY GOSH EUPHIE

NO NONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo AAAAAAGHAHHHAH

Why do you have to tear at my heart like this ;_;

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Thus ends my favorite character.

Good feelings gone.
dead

iEcY13LgFqiFw.gif

lol this episode of KnK reminded me of something out of Fumoffu.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry, I mean Japanese.

WHAT IS

I'm legit smiling at this scene. Why are things so happy all of a sudden. It kind of scares me.

OH MY GOSH

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Good feelings gone.
dead

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

Shergal

So Wizard Barristers looks much better than Galidonna already... this is the 'bigger' Umetsu project alright. Which also means it's probably going to be super exploitative. I can deal if the explosions will look as good as they do in the two PVs.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 6:

Ah yes, yes indeed, the tone is shifting and the pace is slowing to rather calm levels, the real game begins. After a spirited interrogation of Sexy Sensei that shows Ryuko does indeed have a brain we get the real focus of this episode, a showcase of Four Deva's member Uzu "K-Pop" Sanageyama. Yes, this was a nice change of focus as we see what it truly means to be one of the elite minions of Lady Satsuki as we find out the price of failure is not always expulsion or death but it does require horrific sacrifice. Indeed Sanageyama has basically become The Daredevil and proceeds to wipe the floor with Ryuko, which is one again a huge giant flag signaling a power upgrade is going to be needed soon. Also, I do hope this means we are done with the mook hunt because now more then ever it established that they are out of Ryuko's league. Also, hope you were paying attention because we have now been sort-of introduced to Final Boos Ragyo, the mother of Lady Satsuki.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kyoukai no Kanata 6

So there were a couple funny parts, but in general, holy fuck what a cynical cash-in of a fanservice episode. Really kinda disappointed here. GOTTA SELL DEM SINGLES THO.

JCG

• Code Geass 21
I just realized how much this show reminds me of Fire Emblem, with all the recruiting of EVERYBODY.

"Festivals are necessary!" Even more VVV in this show.

Stop being so melodramatic Ledouche. Or I guess that's too much to ask.

I tend to think of the original Suikoden series too, since you get all sorts of weird recruiting there.

And soon you'll be making another VVV comparison! Well, maybe.

To paraphrase what one of the staff said, it's because Lelouch is so dramatic that he works for both comedic and serious scenes...even when they overlap.

OH MY GOSH

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Yeah, I can sort of sympathize with what you're feeling. That's probably the single most
cruelly tragicomic
moment in the show. As you can imagine, opinions about it tend to be rather polarizing. I didn't like it at the time, but knowing what I know now...I can see what they were going for, and it sort of works, even if it's not pretty. Alas...

jman2050

Sorry, I mean Japanese.

WHAT IS

OH MY GOSH

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Good feelings gone.
dead

Oh is it already time for someone else to experience the most brazenly forced plot twist in anime history for the first time?

lol this episode of KnK reminded me of something out of Fumoffu.

It kind of did, with the unfortunate difference of not being very funny.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 06

Woah, this episode was awesome. Hints at a larger scale with
Satsuki's mom,
good battle, and Sanegayama proved himself to be surprisingly interesting
I'm talking about his transformation sequence obviously

And some more fabulous times with Stupid Sexy Sensei.
Them glowing purple nipples!
I think this episode actually had more MANservice than fanservice.

Next episode is supposed to be relatively dark too even though it's a Makanshoku episode, right?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That's what they said but the preview didn't imply serious that much, nor dark at all.

It isn't until you think about it then it becomes even darker then first anticipated if the implications are to be believed. I really hope I am misreading it, but I do not think I am.

Gazoinks

That's what they said but the preview didn't imply serious that much, nor dark at all.

That's just what they want you to think!

I'm hyped either way, I like this show when it's serious and when it's goofy.

It isn't until you think about it then it becomes even darker then first anticipated if the implications are to be believed. I really hope I am misreading it, but I do not think I am.

Could you elaborate?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That's just what they want you to think!

I'm hyped either way, I like this show when it's serious and when it's goofy.

Could you elaborate?

What I mean is
the premise of episode seven is that the Makanshoku family is going to find itself in the lap of luxury very suddenly. Do you know who the wealthy of Honnouji Academy is? The elite. The implication is Mako is going to either tempted to turn traitor or actually become one.

JCG

Oh is it already time for someone else to experience the most brazenly forced plot twist in anime history for the first time?

I'd say anime history has seen plenty of competition in that area, even in more realistic and less over-the-top shows. To say nothing of those that are as crazy or crazier.

• I'm Just So Angry Right Now, You Don't Even Know! 23
Farewell
Euphie
, you may be the first girl I ever loved.

I ain't even mad anymore

I can't think. All I can hear is the Anti-Spirals

Nina's gone off the deep end. I totally saw THAT coming for a while, though.

holy crap it's the borg
holy crap it's physics simulations
holy crap everyone is the sith

Gazoinks

What I mean is
the premise of episode seven is that the Makanshoku family is going to find itself in the lap of luxury very suddenly. Do you know who the wealthy of Honnouji Academy is? The elite. The implication is Mako is going to either tempted to turn traitor or actually become one.

Oh, huh, I hadn't thought of that, that's a really good point.

...is it next Thursday yet?

Kyoukai no Kanata 6

So there were a couple funny parts, but in general, holy fuck what a cynical cash-in of a fanservice episode. Really kinda disappointed here. GOTTA SELL DEM SINGLES THO.

It was better than the last couple of episodes IMO, but we're halfway through and it's pretty obvious this show is going downhill.

The rest of the episodes will need to be action and plot packed to even half redeem it.

cajunator

Banned
  • I'm Just So Angry Right Now, You Don't Even Know! 23
Farewell
Euphie
, you may be the first girl I ever loved.

I ain't even mad anymore

I can't think. All I can hear is the Anti-Spirals

Nina's gone off the deep end. I totally saw THAT coming for a while, though.

holy crap it's the borg
holy crap it's physics simulations
holy crap everyone is the sith

Nina completely sucks.
Completely.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Sorry, I mean Japanese.

WHAT IS

OH MY GOSH

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Good feelings gone.
dead

Soooooo...I heard you liked surprise twists?

JCG

Yeah, Geass went way over the rails with that one. I don't think anything legitimately compares in sheer scale of WTF-ness.

If we're talking scale here...the TV ending of Evangelion was more abrupt and the real world controversy was so much greater that it led to some Japanese people sending in letters with death threats.

Soooooo...I heard you liked surprise twists?

Actually, I really don't.

It makes it so people get antsy about spoilers, and then they overhype twists ruining the impact for anybody who hears about it. I actually prefer my stuff to have minimal mystery.

There are a few very notable exceptions, though.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Actually, I really don't.

It makes it so people get antsy about spoilers, and then they overhype twists ruining the impact for anybody who hears about it. I actually prefer my stuff to have minimal mystery.

There are a few very notable exceptions, though.

I know I'm just sayin.

Kill La Kill 6

Hearing the OST is nice in an otherwise hype episode

God damn, that revenge match. Sanegayma confirmed for small penis award.

zeroshiki

If we're talking scale here...the TV ending of Evangelion was more abrupt and the real world controversy was so much greater that it led to some Japanese people sending in letters with death threats.

The EVA TV ending wasn't really a twist though. It was just nothing (cue firehawk defending it). The Geass twist (and the entirety of R2) made in-universe sense and was just trainwreck after glorious trainwreck.

• Code Lyoko 24
New OP? But the season's going to end soon enough.

It's even worse than before. I still miss the trumpets.

OH MY GOSH THE SUPER ELECTRO MAGNETIC SHRAPNEL CANNON IS BACK!

"Well well there's a surprise every corner"

and the super electro magnetic shrapnel cannon is dead again

how the heck did CC get in the cockpit so quickly? Wasn't she dancing around in the forest like a second ago?

Yep. Nina most unlikable character in this show.

MarkusRJR

Fuck. Just marathoned half of Steins Gate. I actually teared up at the end of episode 12. So sad.

Without spoiling, can someone tell me if the ending is good? I'm really hoping this doesn't turn super dark at the end.

Gazoinks

Fuck. Just marathoned half of Steins Gate. I actually teared up at the end of episode 12. So sad.

Without spoiling, can someone tell me if the ending is good? I'm really hoping this doesn't turn super dark at the end.

It's good.

Also, keep going. Feels intensify. Episode 16 almost made my cry and my heart is a rock (or it was until I watched Usagi Drop).

Gazoinks

Thank fucking god. I would hate it if the show suddenly kills everyone and completely changes atmosphere.

This show is the best I have seen in a long whole. Why did no one ever recommend it to me? I literally found it by chance.

What? Are people not doing their holy duty and recommending Steins;Gate?

Everyone watch Steins;Gate if you haven't! Sheesh!

But yeah, I watched Steins;Gate last month and it is my favorite anime now.

Articalys

Hmm, looks like Kawamori's Nobunaga the Fool project is going to have a TV anime from Satelight starting in January. Makes sense, since they're already making special animated footage for the stage productions anyway.

JCG

Hmm, looks like Kawamori's Nobunaga the Fool project is going to have a TV anime from Satelight starting in January. Makes sense, since they're already making special animated footage for the stage productions anyway.

Cool. I was wondering if that would ever show up in a form we might be able to watch.

The EVA TV ending wasn't really a twist though. It was just nothing (cue firehawk defending it). The Geass twist (and the entirety of R2) made in-universe sense and was just trainwreck after glorious trainwreck.

Ironically, it's because that Geass twist makes sense in this crazy universe (thematically, not realistically) that I feel it goes both in and out of trainwreck territory. Sort of what I feel about the end of R2 (kind of). You can tear it apart by applying a purely external logic, demanding a sense of realism it lacks, but purely internally speaking it works out.

But let's talk about Eva. Well...from an audience perspective, there's no denying a lot of viewers were angry, frustrated or confused about what to make of the original Eva ending (or even EoE's, but in another sense). It's well within the definition of a twist ending, at least in practice. I remember people were already talking about how freaking nuts Evangelion's ending was in text-only boards and mailing lists during my dial-up connection days. In this day and age I'd personally beg to differ about it amount to nothing though, despite not being an expert on existentialism, but that's another can of worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom