• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 next gen update out April 25th also PC ultrawide and more

SKYF@ll

Is Microsoft not prioritizing its own consoles?
Why does QualityMode, 40fps mode, and 1440p mode exist only in the PS5 version?
A2sx4la.jpg
Fallout 4 Next Gen Update Performance Review (PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S)

JCK75

Apparently it is not like 144 HZ monitors.. had to cut mine back manually to 120. Hertz otherwise the game was forcing me at 30 frames a second

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is Microsoft not prioritizing its own consoles?
Why does QualityMode, 40fps mode, and 1440p mode exist only in the PS5 version?Fallout 4 Next Gen Update Performance Review (PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S)

They both operate roughly the same in the Performance modes with a streaming hitch or two more on Xbox. The only real difference is that the toggle doesn't work on Xbox, which is kind of a glaring oversight, not helped by the fact that the official twitter account tried to pass it off as 'working as intended'.

King Dazzar

They both operate roughly the same in the Performance modes with a streaming hitch or two more on Xbox. The only real difference is that the toggle doesn't work on Xbox, which is kind of a glaring oversight, not helped by the fact that the official twitter account tried to pass it off as 'working as intended'.
On that top section both had drops when right at the very top. But when descending the tower, it showed the PS5 locked throughout with the Series X dropping into mid 50's. Why would you choose to not mention that? If this were reversed, would you be saying they are both roughly the same?

Personally I think both are performing well, but additional stutters on the XSX would annoy me. Especially as my modded 4k 60fps version on X didnt suffer from these hitches or when descending the tower stress test area. I reckon they'll patch the X again anyway to bring parity with PS5 modes on offer. And with that hopefully they'll sort out the hitches.

Last edited:

There are technically no streaming hitches on PS5 though (like in Avatar and Lords of the Fallen BTW). Those frameratre drops are the only one they ever found on Sony console.

Danknugz

i only loaded it on cloud cause didn't feel like reinstalling and was surprised to find my level 520 guy still there after all these years. the only achievement i have left is redeeming 100,000 nuka coins at the arcade, i think there's a way of cheesing that.

calistan

Loaded it up on PC for the first time in about eight years and it's running unplayably fast. Movement, animations, even the highlight on menu items moves at 10x speed.

DeaDPo0L84

Do you happen to have followed a list or video for the modding? Or you just searched nexus and tried your luck?
I already had quite a few, then grabbed ones people considered to be essential. The graphic ones are the most extensive, others like infinite carry weight, more ammo from boxes, etc are up to each individual.

Last edited:
Remember when in 2020 having half the SSD speed was meant to be “just a second more in loading times”? Yeah. Good times…
Yes, exactly. We are just starting to see the real advantage of PS5 dedicated I/O in those multiplatform games (now in those 3 games using 3 different engines). Streaming pauses (>50-100ms hitches) vs ... no streaming hitches. I don't think people realize how big this difference is. Those drops can't be hidden by VRR, LFC or even the fastest SSD on high end PC, they are the worst thing in gaming currenty.

Last edited:

Connxtion

There are technically no streaming hitches on PS5 though (like in Avatar and Lords of the Fallen BTW). Those frameratre drops are the only one they ever found on Sony console.
Streaming hitches in avatar is XBSX?

Sunk a good few hours into avatar and had zero hitches. Had the game since release.

Jumped back in when they released the 40FPS mode and still no hitches.

Only issue I have had in avatar was the FSR2 artefacting on trees when sunlight was behind them. Annoying as hell, was fixed somewhat in the patch before the 40FPS mode. (This was in performance mode) Now in 40FPS mode it’s basically gone 💪🏼😁

I could not stick 30FPS my CX doesn’t like 30FPS as it looks juddery as hell. (Haven’t found a way to fix it, even using BFI doesn’t help)

Edit:
40FPS mode removes the juddering.

Wish all 30FPS games had a 40FPS mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom