• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Fallout Downgrader" has been the most popular mod for Fallout 4 in the last 30 days.

DeaDPo0L84

It makes sense cause the "next-gen update" literally did nothing of substance on PC. Personally having close to 100 mods I was prepped beforehand and wanted to see if it did anything positive before potentially downloading, looks like that was the right call.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Banned
As someone whose not kept up with it. What did the next gen update do so wrong?

Give me a quick rundown

Superkewl

As someone whose not kept up with it. What did the next gen update do so wrong?

Give me a quick rundown
Whenever there is an update to a Bethesda game, it breaks mods and the mods need to be updated. It has been this way for like 15 years and everyone knows this, but gamers love being drama queens.

StueyDuck

Banned
Whenever there is an update to a Bethesda game, it breaks mods and the mods need to be updated. It has been this way for like 15 years and everyone knows this, but gamers love being drama queens.
So it's mods that are the issues not the update?

I was looking at downloading it on PS5 but if it's broken then I won't bother

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Banned
I mean, it's the update that broke the mods, so the update is very much the issue. The fact that it doesn't really add any improvements to the unmodded base game doesn't help either.
Yeah but I mean if launch the game clean with no mods it doesn't have any game breaking bugs or something caused by this new next gen update?

Yeah but I mean if launch the game clean with no mods it doesn't have any game breaking bugs or something caused by this new next gen update?
Oh, it has those too. It's a Bethesda update, after all.

Edit: You also have to keep in mind that a lot of mods fixed issues people had with the base game. If those weren't fixed in the update (and as far as I can tell, they mostly weren't), they're now back because the mods fixing them no longer work.

Last edited:

recursive

Ok Todd.

This one is more complicated and i dont think it is "gamers being drama queens." This update to an almost 10 year old game which added nothing of value to pc and broke years of mod development. That makes it a bit of a harder pill to swallow and a punch to the face of the community.

Ok Todd.

This one is more complicated and i dont think it is "gamers being drama queens." This update to an almost 10 year old game which added nothing of value to pc and broke years of mod development. That makes it a bit of a harder pill to swallow and a punch to the face of the community.
What doesn't help is that you can't opt out of updates on Steam.

StereoVsn

What doesn't help is that you can't opt out of updates on Steam.
You can to an extent. Basically set it to only update on Launch and never launch through Steam. Instead you always launch through Mod Organizer or Vortex.

Of course GoG’s system is better and Bethesda could have easily put old versions under beta branch, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom