• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1468 (Including Resident Evil 7)

tesqui

There aren't that many magazines left these days except for system based ones mainly made for kids these days However Dengeki PlayStation is a good magazine and pretty much the second big one when it comes to game stuff in Japan. They have the number reviews like famitsu but also have much longer written reviews as well. Not sure how others feel about them but I like them and overall all I can say is just like with famitsu, I find both almost never have any differences when it comes to my views and their reviews. As for the nintendo based magazines, I never read them as they are so small on info or articles to read.
Thanks, I'll have to keep them in mind. I can't read Japanese or anything, just wanted a different perspective on the review scores Japan gives games.

ranmafan

Thanks, I'll have to keep them in mind. I can't read Japanese or anything, just wanted a different perspective on the review scores Japan gives games.

It certainly can be a challenge to find a good place for review scores in Japan that's sure. The uncertainty of Japanese gaming magazine scores and their question of legitimicy is an issue that sadly will never get a good answer for what's going on behind the scenes. Not to mention the frustration of Japanese user reviews too since many times those reviews are also questionable thanks to the practice of users just loading sites like amazon with the lowest reviews just to complain about some of the smallest complaints ever, or to complain about a situation with a release (for example the large number of negative PSVR reviews online at stores because of the lack of stock and scalping issues).

In the end, best reviews tend to be online through videos and social media and such more and more these days. Personally though I just go with my gut on games and that works well too. And weirdly, i end of agreeing almost always with famitsu scores. Except demons souls, that score was crazy. But yeah dengeki PlayStation does have some interesting reviews for people to check out if they are interested.

ranmafan

Yeah I was going to say I've always heard a large amount of Japanese gamers shy away from first person games because of motion sickness issues.

I think with the rising popularity of fps games here these days, I doubt that is as much of an issue as before. Plus they talk about the vr mode a bit in the reviews too and they were pretty excited about it. Not to mention everyone I talk to here is big on vr so I think gamers and others have less issues with first person perspective. So yeah I doubt that was a reason it dropped a point

AHK_Hero

It certainly can be a challenge to find a good place for review scores in Japan that's sure. The uncertainty of Japanese gaming magazine scores and their question of legitimicy is an issue that sadly will never get a good answer for what's going on behind the scenes. Not to mention the frustration of Japanese user reviews too since many times those reviews are also questionable thanks to the practice of users just loading sites like amazon with the lowest reviews just to complain about some of the smallest complaints ever, or to complain about a situation with a release (for example the large number of negative PSVR reviews online at stores because of the lack of stock and scalping issues).

In the end, best reviews tend to be online through videos and social media and such more and more these days. Personally though I just go with my gut on games and that works well too. And weirdly, i end of agreeing almost always with famitsu scores. Except demons souls, that score was crazy. But yeah dengeki PlayStation does have some interesting reviews for people to check out if they are interested.

ranmafan-senpai, dropping the knowledge as usual! I thought I might find you in this thread lol.

Been procrastinating but will send you a PM one of these days with my progress under your tutelage.

Top Bottom