• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu's 30 most wanted games voted, FFVII remake #1, Metroid cracks top ten

Squire

Banned
FFVII Remake, Monster Hunter World and Trails of Cold Steel III I can totally get behind.

Surprised to see Assassins Creed Origins on there.....

I'm not that surprised. It's an action RPG now and I bet it has a certain niche appeal that stuff like Witcher 3 and Skyrim did when they released over there.

NSESN

Odyssey being that high is surprising. I would thought that Famitsu readers are more the RPG type of people.

I'm more baffled that poor Japan expects it to be good or to release soon enough to guarantee being excited for it. But yeah, really not surprising at all.

I guess Japan hasnt followed this charade where Final Fantasy is dead and all their games have been bad for 20 years, weird.

KiNolin

I'm saying Mother 3 wasn't the 2nd best selling game of any year

I don't think anyone expects these kind of surveys to literally be the upcoming sales ranking, including people who believe that there's a correlation between the survey and potential success...

Piers

If it's specifically Famitsu readers then it makes sense because Metroid being that high up doesn't sound right given how low the popularity for the series supposedly is there.

yuoke

Banned
A Metroid game in a Top 10 Japanese list? But GAF told me Japan doesnt like Metroid!

please sell well!

I mean based on sales, they clearly don't like it. If japanese metroid sales were even 50% better all time, we might have a lot more metroid games.

redcrayon

Fire Emblem Warriors votes on Switch and 3DS combined puts it higher than Pokemon. That is likely to end up wildly out of sync with sales, isn't it?

Tyaren

I simply refuse to be hyped for FFVII Remake until a near release date is set, lol. I'm not doing another VersusXIII/XV hype marathon that left me exhausted by release.
Right now FFVII Remake might as well not exist for me.

I simply refuse to be hyped for FFVII Remake until a near release date is set, lol. I'm not doing another VersusXIII/XV hype marathon that left me exhausted by release.
Right now FFVII Remake might as well not exist for me.

Its easily my most anticipated game, but yeah, i try not to think about it since its years away.

ianpm31

Kinda weird that Shenmue 3 isn't on the list. Its past games always make famitsus top all time lists so you would think a sequel would make it. Guess it won't be considered until gameplay and real promotion comes out kinda like re2

Top Bottom