• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fanatec CEO spoils Forza Motorsport 7; Turn 10 wants to improve physics and FFB

m23

Probably my most hyped game for 2017 at this point. Forza Motorsport has been stellar, with a slight hiccup that was 5.

The King of racers launching bundled with Scorpio nxt Nov..shits getting real.

well i'm not sure if xbox scorpio will launch in september or november, but the launch titels coming in that timeframe will be nuts

multiplats: destiny 2, red dead redemption 2, star wars battlefront 2
exclusives: forza motorsport 7, crackdown, maybe one more titel

veidi

Great news =D
Forza on Scorpio and PC will be glorious...no doubt.
The new physics guy has a lot of work for the FFB in the engine xD

Curious if the game also comes to the One.

Quentin

Banned
Forza Watersports confirmed?

Shit posting much?

Firstly, motorsport is bi-annual, the Horizon series is a different game and a different developer.

Secondly, each iteration brings improvements, they are different from each other.

As for "keep getting them checks", they aren't in it for shits and giggles, it's about making money.
Hey bro a racer is a racer

And duh. hence why I said keep getting them checks lol

m23

This will get to buy Scorpio day one, like FM5 got me to buy xbone at launch. Can't wait to see what Turn 10 have in store for us.

E3 is too far...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Was tempted to look again at forza 6, partly because I'm not many points away from the next forza tier. But it's still £50 on the marketplace for the basic version. How is it not massively discounted by now?

BigEmil

They got a Forza game releasing yearly on lock
Was tempted to look again at forza 6, partly because I'm not many points away from the next forza tier. But it's still £50 on the marketplace for the basic version. How is it not massively discounted by now?
You can grab a cheap physical copy somewhere I always see it for much cheaper than that

Next you're going to tell me that they're going to release a new Madden next year.

Seriously though, I really hope that they finally get to working on rallying. I have most of the tracks that I want (would love some Suzuka and Montreal though). Unfortunately though, all of those great rally cars and trucks in these games don't get their chance to truly shine.

WELL DONE BAKU

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not as disappointing though.

jlaw-okay.gif

m23

That is not...

Never mind

Do you even play the Forza games?

Sure there is one every year, but each release is a great improvement over the previous in installment.

I'm okay with annual releases as long as quality isn't diminished, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. In addition, the games are different enough that they can cater to separate audiences.

Again, if you don't play them, yeah.... Racers are racers...

bman94

At this point I wish they'd just drop the numbering all together. Just launch it as a 2 year release like "Forza Motorsport 2017" "Forza Motorsport 2019" cause that's basically where it's heading.

Quentin

Banned
Do you even play the Forza games?

Sure there is one every year, but each release is a great improvement over the previous in installment.

I'm okay with annual releases as long as quality isn't diminished, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. In addition, the games are different enough that they can cater to separate audiences.

Again, if you don't play them, yeah.... Racers are racers...
Lol I can only imagine the responses if I said something negative about Forza. All I said was I don't know how MS pulled this off.

So I'm walking away from this thread very briskly lol

MaDKaT

Looking forward to it on PC. For the first time I am actually looking forward to a Forza title more so than GT. Really helps that the series made the jump to PC. I do hope they include a VR mode.

Lol I can only imagine the responses if I said something negative about Forza. All I said was I don't know how MS pulled this off.

So I'm walking away from this thread very briskly lol

'Pulled this off'? A two-year dev cycle is actually pretty long for a racing game. Need for Speed games generally take 18 months or less, the main rally series' (Seb Loeb Rally and WRC) are annual, as are the MotoGP and F1 games. Need for Speed was in the past until the sales dried up. The Forza games consistently review incredibly well and have always performed solidly as a result. Consumers aren't having the wool pulled over their eyes here - racing fans are pretty much starved compared to fans of most other genres, and we appreciate good games, like anyone else.

At this point I wish they'd just drop the numbering all together. Just launch it as a 2 year release like "Forza Motorsport 2017" "Forza Motorsport 2019" cause that's basically where it's heading.

I mean, the games release in Q3, and are the main entry of that series for two whole years.

Forza 6 will still sell copies in summer 2017, slow burn, but it will. Trying to sell someone on 'Forza Motorsport 2015' at that point will be far more difficult - it literally dates the product. Which again is unfair, as these games are supported well post-launch.

The alternative would be using the Need for Speed system, but with racing games I've always thought that just creates more confusion. Rivals, Pro Street, Carbon, Most Wanted, Most Wanted (reboot), Shift, Shift 2, Undercover, The Run, Hot Pursuit - these all released on the Xbox 360. For a parent trying to pick up the newest entry for their kid, it's an absolute nightmare. Whereas 'Forza Motorsport 5, 6, 7' is far easier to understand. Also, we've seen other very popular series go up to 15 (Final Fantasy). Even at current pace, the mainline Forza Motorsport series won't reach that point until 2033 - and that's if they stay at the current pace. I think the series would definitely benefit from a third title... #BringBackPGR

Looking forward to it on PC. For the first time I am actually looking forward to a Forza title more so than GT. Really helps that the series made the jump to PC. I do hope they include a VR mode.

I'm pretty sure that GT fell up its own ass a few installments ago.

That's nice, physics were already excellent.
What I reqlly want though is dynamic time and weather.

The next Forza Horizon is coming out in 2018 mate.

😯😢😟 had no idea, thought they're doing the usual circle right after FH.

well i'm not sure if xbox scorpio will launch in september or november, but the launch titels coming in that timeframe will be nuts

multiplats: destiny 2, red dead redemption 2, star wars battlefront 2
exclusives: forza motorsport 7, crackdown, maybe one more titel

Heard you loud and clear. They're definitely cooking and preparing many AAA titles launching alongside King Scorpio.

Let's not forget Cyber Punk, next Assassind Creed, patched true 4k Mass Effect..and many more.

farisr

The time to strike is now Turn10. Win me over. That other game is looking to be a disappointment content wise, dynamic ToD + weather + a bunch of new tracks, and I'm sold.

Forza Motorsport 7....can't say I'm surprised

I have a lot of respect for Turn 10 but I'm not a fan of the short release schedules MS has going on here with this and the Horizon series in which Playground has had three releases in four years.

High unlikely but damn I would love Turn 10 to take on PGR some day.

VeeP

what be so different about each Forza?

I don't get how MS pulled off a racer every year lol

Ah F it

Keep getting them checks MS

Play the Forza games and find out?

I will agree that I think the games would benefit from an extra year in development, but I think fans would rather have a new game every 2 years then have a new game ever 4-6.

Falchion

That's cool, I've gotten every entry in the Forza and Horizon series for the past 5 or so years so I'll definitely get this.

Mascot

I'm expecting big things from FM7 now that it's on Scorpio and PC. The technical excuses against dynamic ToD and dynamic weather simply won't wash this time, unless the vanilla Bone is still being used as the lowest common denominator and effectively gimping the other versions.

Maybe the Bone release will have prebaked effects and the others will have dynamic ones?

Top Bottom